Talk about films scores here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By ScoJo
inksb wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 1:57 pm
ScoJo wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 1:42 pm Marseilles/Budd is up for pre order (2 weeks until release) here in the UK. Spensive though!

https://soundsoftheuniverse.com/product ... soundtrack
Damn almost £50??? I'll wait and see if there's some US distro on that.
Fucking absurd, and also outrageous. What you gonna do eh? I doubt something like this (rare Budd) will be getting marked down in the after market....
By Mateo Sanboval
Is Beat Ball dropping just the one Budd at this time? For some reason, I thought there were two teased. Perhaps that was only in the post from a couple of years ago.
By Bezulsqy
new release from Quartet Records:

https://www.soundohm.com/product/senza-movente-lp

Quartet Records and GDM present the first vinyl edition of the killer Ennio Morricone score for Senza Movente (aka Sans Mobile Apparent), a 1971 French crime thriller about an investigator (Jean-Louis Trintignant) looking into the murders of seemingly unrelated people, all shot down by a mysterious assassin. Morricone’s score perfectly captures the paranoia taking over the French Riviera with an eerie main theme adorned with the whistling of Alessandro Alessandroni and a distinctive mellophone solo by Maria Verzella. An excellent, innovative cult 70s thriller score beloved by DJs and a personal favorite of the pop band Air and Sofia Coppola, Senza Movente offers tuneful diversions for the investigation, including two powerful montage cues which appear in the film with no overlapping dialogue or effects.

This LP has been restored and specially mastered for vinyl by Chris Malone from the original stereo master tapes, and supervised by Claudio Fuiano. It’s pressed on 180 GM audiophile black vinyl and strictly limited to 300 units.
By Bezulsqy
ScoJo wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 2:00 pm
ScoJo wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 1:42 pm Marseilles/Budd is up for pre order (2 weeks until release) here in the UK. Spensive though!

https://soundsoftheuniverse.com/product ... soundtrack
Fucking absurd, and also outrageous. What you gonna do eh? I doubt something like this (rare Budd) will be getting marked down in the after market....
from HHV.de:

blue wax 44,49 euro

black wax 41,99
By ScoJo
Bezulsqy wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 9:24 am
ScoJo wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 2:00 pm

from HHV.de:

blue wax 44,49 euro

black wax 41,99
Thanks B, but not that useful to me in the UK - shipping from HHV is around 15 euros and then there's also the danger of additional EU tax these days (up to £15 if unlucky), when I can order the LP here in UK shipped for £47 :) But always appreciate the options cheers :)
By ScoJo
Looking through the pre-releases on the French FNAC site (where Village of the Damned popped up recently, so I shall be religiously checking in from now on!), I see the following which are relevant to our interests:

GOODBYE EMMANUELLE - Serge Gansbourg (Barclay - Feb)
TWIN PEAKS SEASON TWO - Angelo Badalamenti (With non-shit sleeve art! Currently in stock and half price 28 Euros)

Screen shot 2021-02-04 at 11.55.55.png
Screen shot 2021-02-04 at 11.55.55.png (238.37 KiB) Viewed 1916 times

*EDIT* Nope, as far as I can tell this artwork is a lie, and it's the shitty old version (April 2019) that we already know and love - sorry!
By Hatter313
Sometimes I pull that record out and stare at the sleeve art in complete and utter bafflement.
By havershaw
ScoJo wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 11:57 am Looking through the pre-releases on the French FNAC site (where Village of the Damned popped up recently, so I shall be religiously checking in from now on!), I see the following which are relevant to our interests:

GOODBYE EMMANUELLE - Serge Gansbourg (Barclay - Feb)
TWIN PEAKS SEASON TWO - Angelo Badalamenti (With non-shit sleeve art! Currently in stock and half price 28 Euros)

Screen shot 2021-02-04 at 11.55.55.png

*EDIT* Nope, as far as I can tell this artwork is a lie, and it's the shitty old version (April 2019) that we already know and love - sorry!
I think that’s the artwork for the CD which preceded the vinyl release by a good number of years.

I did what some other folks did and just used the insert as the cover because I cannot take that other cover.
2A74BA65-7BC1-48F7-A46D-CA79B52F2155.jpeg
2A74BA65-7BC1-48F7-A46D-CA79B52F2155.jpeg (531.93 KiB) Viewed 1885 times
By Hatter313
oh wow, good idea. going to do that right now.
By Mateo Sanboval
Hatter313 wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 2:41 pm Sometimes I pull that record out and stare at the sleeve art in complete and utter bafflement.
Does it ever stare back at you asking, "But what did you expect, really?"
By Hatter313
Mateo Sanboval wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 4:56 pm
Hatter313 wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 2:41 pm Sometimes I pull that record out and stare at the sleeve art in complete and utter bafflement.
Does it ever stare back at you asking, "But what did you expect, really?"
good point.
By Spun out of control
If I may be so bold... newbie up for order from the Spun... Bandcamp today... for fans of the soundtracks to The X-Files, Twin Peaks... The Sleepers by Hattie Cooke on cool ‘Aquamarine Dream’ vinyl (shown)

Previously issued on sold out cassette, this 2021 edition of the album – dubbed ‘the director’s cut’ by Electronic Sound magazine – has been re-mastered for vinyl by Antony Ryan and features a newly added, specially recorded epic end track – also called ‘The Sleepers’. Artwork has been reimagined and visually ‘remixed’ by Eric Lee.

REVIEWS FOR THE SLEEPERS, ON VINYL:

“This director’s cut of the album has a warm beating heart that palpitates to touching effect,” says Bob Fischer, Electronic Sound magazine

“An intimate electronic record of depth, emotional heft & melodies you can sink into,” says John Hubner of Complex Distractions

PLUS… TODAY ONLY… 21% OFF ANY REMAINING MERCH!

As well as The Sleepers coming to vinyl for the first time… we’re celebrating the first Bandcamp Friday of 2021 by taking 21% off any remaining physical merch on our page (discounts already applied).

So if there are any gaps in your Spun Out Of Control record collection – the next 24 hours is the best time to fill ‘em, as we clear space for our 2021 releases!

Don’t ‘sleep’ on our offerings though… as Bandcamp Friday ends 8am Sat 6th UK time, 9am EU time, or midnight PST. Go to: https://spunoutofcontrol.bandcamp.com/merch

Once again, a big thank you for your support & enjoy the sounds!
Attachments
The Sleepers Vinyl Hattie Cooke.jpg
The Sleepers Vinyl Hattie Cooke.jpg (119.35 KiB) Viewed 1799 times
The Sleepers vinyl back cover.jpg
The Sleepers vinyl back cover.jpg (107.52 KiB) Viewed 1799 times