Talk about films scores here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By Bezulsqy
deafmetal wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 8:40 pm More Morricone and that expanded Red Sonja is a must.
Agree!
I do have the german pressing of Red Sonja from 1985 but I have been going through all my records and cannot find it anywhere...
I do still want the Italian version as well. With the title Yado in stead of Red Sonja.

Il Giustiziere is a must buy for me.
Never ever heard of L'ultimo uomo di sara...

Love these Quartet Morricone releases!
By static14
From the description it sounds like Red Sonja is the same music just broken out of the suites and put in film order. I might be wrong though?
By deafmetal
static14 wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2023 4:01 pm From the description it sounds like Red Sonja is the same music just broken out of the suites and put in film order. I might be wrong though?
Hm, looks like you are correct. They are not including the expanded material from the CD release although they only had mono sources for those tracks. I will temper my enthusiasm a bit as I already have a copy of the Varese LP.
By inksb
Donald Rubinstein - Knightriders
$40
Scare Flair Records
March 7th, 2023 at 10:00am (CST)

Over a year in the making… Tomorrow we are extremely proud to be dropping Donald Rubinstein’s score to George A. Romero’s classic film, Knightriders, for the first time on vinyl.

This release comes with the complete score on X2LP inside a gatefold jacket, 11x11 Program of Events insert, exclusive liner notes by Composer Donald Rubinstein, classic artwork by Boris Vallejo, new artwork by Ghoulish Gary Pullin, and features some very early guitar work from jazz legend Bill Frisell.

We will be offering two variants tomorrow!
- “Fighting the Dragon” Handpours which have the Red and Black & Orange and Yellow discs on 180g vinyl - $40
- “Brother Blue” Transparent Blue on 150g vinyl and limited to 50 units only - limit one per household - $40

These will be available at www.scareflair.com on Tuesday March 7th, 2023 at 10:00am (CST) - records are in hand and will start shipping almost right away
Screenshot 2023-03-06 111652.jpg
Screenshot 2023-03-06 111652.jpg (155.3 KiB) Viewed 1274 times
By Bezulsqy
https://subost.bandcamp.com/merch

Città Violenta
by Ennio Morricone
A tight, atmospheric and pretty damn funky soundtrack composed by the Maestro Ennio Morricone for the 1970 crime-drama Città Violenta starring the mighty Charles Bronson and directed by Sergio Sollima.
Another hard-hitting score by Morricone with a quite dark mood flowing from the dramatic to psychedelic along with a touch of funkiness. The famous Città Violenta track, the score’s main theme, is celebrated as one of Morricone’s most iconic theme.

- Complete Edition with 21 Tracks !!!!
For First Time ever on vinyl !!!

Roma Drogata
by Albert Verrecchia

Magnificat
by Riz Ortolani

Taken from the 1993 movie directed by Pupi Avati.

By Bezulsqy
Bruno Nicolai
E Poi, Non Ne Rimase Nessuno
This LP would not have been possible if Edipan hadn’t conserved two mono masters in good conditions in its archives (stereo mixes have gone lost). Unfortunately it was not possible to cancel some magnetic flaws. We brought to life an OST that contains all the popular and well respected music elements of Maestro Nicolai: dissonant strings segments, experimental effects of an evocative classical main theme, ambiguous and mysterious, accompanied by pop rithms.

https://www.hhv.de/shop/en/item/bruno-n ... uno-988837

Lalo Schifrin
OST Man On A Swing
Wewantsounds is delighted to release for the first time on vinyl the Lalo Schifrin"s soundtrack for Frank Perry"s thriller "Man On A Swing" from 1974.

https://www.hhv.de/shop/en/item/lalo-sc ... ing-988037
By Bezulsqy
the ones who are interested in these probably know already about these re-issues... I only saw these now.

70 pounds per release? damn.
Japanese animated film studio, Studio Ghibli, will release its soundtrack collection as part of a coloured vinyl reissue series this June, via Studio Ghibli Records.

The reissue series will see the soundtracks to twelve Studio Ghibli classics reissued, each on a different corresponding colour. Ghibli’s soundtracks, created by Joe Hisaishi, have won acclaim and adoration from fans across the world with their soothing and often breathtaking musical storytelling.

This reissue series will include: The Wind Rises (blue vinyl), The Tale of The Princess Kaguya (clear salmon pink), Spirited Away (clear purple), Ponyo on the Cliff by the Sea (clear pink), Howl’s Moving Castle (clear orange), Grave of the Fireflies (clear), Princess Mononoke (clear light green), Porco Rosso (clear red), My Neighbour Totoro (clear green), Kiki’s Delivery Service (clear yellow), Hikouseki No Nazo Castle In The Sky (clear deep blue), Haruka Na Chi E Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind (clear lime yellow).
https://www.roughtrade.com/gb/search/la ... /pre-order

https://thevinylfactory.com/news/studio ... red-vinyl/
By inksb
Bezulsqy wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 1:33 pm the ones who are interested in these probably know already about these re-issues... I only saw these now.

70 pounds per release? damn.
Japanese animated film studio, Studio Ghibli, will release its soundtrack collection as part of a coloured vinyl reissue series this June, via Studio Ghibli Records.

The reissue series will see the soundtracks to twelve Studio Ghibli classics reissued, each on a different corresponding colour. Ghibli’s soundtracks, created by Joe Hisaishi, have won acclaim and adoration from fans across the world with their soothing and often breathtaking musical storytelling.

This reissue series will include: The Wind Rises (blue vinyl), The Tale of The Princess Kaguya (clear salmon pink), Spirited Away (clear purple), Ponyo on the Cliff by the Sea (clear pink), Howl’s Moving Castle (clear orange), Grave of the Fireflies (clear), Princess Mononoke (clear light green), Porco Rosso (clear red), My Neighbour Totoro (clear green), Kiki’s Delivery Service (clear yellow), Hikouseki No Nazo Castle In The Sky (clear deep blue), Haruka Na Chi E Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind (clear lime yellow).
https://www.roughtrade.com/gb/search/la ... /pre-order

https://thevinylfactory.com/news/studio ... red-vinyl/
They are way cheaper if you buy from Japan. They are usually around $40-50 from Japan. I find it funny they are making a big deal about these colored reissues when almost all of those are still available in black and have been since they released. Occasionally one will be out of print for a month or two but copies usually start showing back up again.

That new cover for Città Violenta is really cool but not enough to make me buy the album again.
By Revolver_OcelScott
inksb wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 4:18 pm Donald Rubinstein - Knightriders
$40
Scare Flair Records
March 7th, 2023 at 10:00am (CST)

Over a year in the making… Tomorrow we are extremely proud to be dropping Donald Rubinstein’s score to George A. Romero’s classic film, Knightriders, for the first time on vinyl.

This release comes with the complete score on X2LP inside a gatefold jacket, 11x11 Program of Events insert, exclusive liner notes by Composer Donald Rubinstein, classic artwork by Boris Vallejo, new artwork by Ghoulish Gary Pullin, and features some very early guitar work from jazz legend Bill Frisell.

We will be offering two variants tomorrow!
- “Fighting the Dragon” Handpours which have the Red and Black & Orange and Yellow discs on 180g vinyl - $40
- “Brother Blue” Transparent Blue on 150g vinyl and limited to 50 units only - limit one per household - $40

These will be available at www.scareflair.com on Tuesday March 7th, 2023 at 10:00am (CST) - records are in hand and will start shipping almost right away
Screenshot 2023-03-06 111652.jpg
Grabbed the Brother Blue Variant!
By inksb
deafmetal wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 6:40 pm Holy smokes, have I been living under a rock? Scare Flair pressed Bacalov's The Grand Duel on vinyl? Yes, please.
I think that just came out recently and it seemed to be quite under the radar
By ScoJo
Internal Affairs OST - Rusted Wave Rcds
Mike Figgis/Anthony Marinelli/Tony Banks

6B47DBA6-4128-4DA7-B28D-08BE46CE464E.jpeg
6B47DBA6-4128-4DA7-B28D-08BE46CE464E.jpeg (67.1 KiB) Viewed 1108 times

https://www.rustedwave.com/

Bit of a shame, I’d get this but too rich for my blood - pricey plus with int’l shipping etc. Mongo also have a red vinyl version that’s inexplicably $50. If that’s your thing.
By inksb
I don't know if any one here is buying the Marvel releases but figured I'd post it anyways.

Natalie Holt - Loki 3LP
$50
Mondo
Wed normal drop time

By reddye6
inksb wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 6:19 pm I don't know if any one here is buying the Marvel releases but figured I'd post it anyways.

Natalie Holt - Loki 3LP
$50
Mondo
Wed normal drop time
Generally, I don't buy superhero scores. However, when I watched this show last year, I remember enjoying what I was hearing. I may spring for it.
By inksb
reddye6 wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 7:19 pm
inksb wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 6:19 pm I don't know if any one here is buying the Marvel releases but figured I'd post it anyways.

Natalie Holt - Loki 3LP
$50
Mondo
Wed normal drop time
Generally, I don't buy superhero scores. However, when I watched this show last year, I remember enjoying what I was hearing. I may spring for it.
Yeah, I rarely take note of the music in Marvel movies/shows but Loki had some very nice stuff in there. Not something I'll buy as I'm trying to keep a more strict budget lately.
By inksb
There's a new pressing of Feelings coming in June. Supposedly taken from the analog tapes. I may grab a copy to compare to the Schema one. I've been told Schema actually used a youtube rip for theirs lol. Not sure how true that is but I am curious if this sounds any better.

https://lightintheattic.net/releases/73 ... linkin.bio

The audio for this re-issue of Feelings comes from the original analog tapes and has been remastered for vinyl by Be With regular Simon Francis and cut by Pete Norman. The same care has been taken by the Be With team to restore that glorious original Carosello sleeve. “Feelings” is almost too good to be true. Feels good all over.
By Bezulsqy
inksb wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 2:22 pm There's a new pressing of Feelings coming in June. Supposedly taken from the analog tapes. I may grab a copy to compare to the Schema one. I've been told Schema actually used a youtube rip for theirs lol. Not sure how true that is but I am curious if this sounds any better.

https://lightintheattic.net/releases/73 ... linkin.bio

The audio for this re-issue of Feelings comes from the original analog tapes and has been remastered for vinyl by Be With regular Simon Francis and cut by Pete Norman. The same care has been taken by the Be With team to restore that glorious original Carosello sleeve. “Feelings” is almost too good to be true. Feels good all over.
That is very interesting. Will also try to get a copy.
By The Cult Leader
deafmetal wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 6:40 pm Holy smokes, have I been living under a rock? Scare Flair pressed Bacalov's The Grand Duel on vinyl? Yes, please.
Shon who runs Scare Flair is a cool guy. He would definitely love to join this forum if that's possible. Can we open the books for him?