Talk about films scores here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By Bezulsqy
I believe I haven’t bought any records from the US in the last 12 months with exception of my Terror Vision subscription. I have to pay for the shipping of each package on top of the sub fee.
Also I cannot remember any Funko release from the last year that I really wanted.
There are some Waxwork titles I would like to get but I keep postponing those. Maybe when they have another sale…
It has been a good year for releases from the EU/UK though. Nice stuff from Four Flies, Quartet, Cinevox and Blow Out…
By inksb
Yeah most of the records I buy these days have been coming from Dusty Groove who usually have pretty good prices on import stuff. I get most of the Holy Basil reissues for around $30 from them. Four Flies for $30-$35. They are also the cheapest for Quartet in the US that I have found at around $40 which I still struggle to pay for a single LP.
By inksb
Godzilla Vs Mothra - $45
Ships in December

I think Mondo/DW are on track to pricing themselves out of my purchase range for stuff I want but don't need. Especially with their $10 media mail price these days, making this a $55 purchase for 3 sides of music.

By BurningTapes
A lot of these Godzilla ones are tricky. Mondo were very good and let me to space the tracks out to 3 sides to allow better quality. They could’ve just said keep it to one disc, like many would, but I’m happy they go the extra mile to keep this sounding the best it can. The screen print on the 4th side just adds the finishing touch to make these really cool.
By inksb
BurningTapes wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 10:59 am A lot of these Godzilla ones are tricky. Mondo were very good and let me to space the tracks out to 3 sides to allow better quality. They could’ve just said keep it to one disc, like many would, but I’m happy they go the extra mile to keep this sounding the best it can. The screen print on the 4th side just adds the finishing touch to make these really cool.
The release looks great, probably sounds fantastic as well as the two I have picked up do but it's too much for me. $45 (plus $10 shipping) is outside of what I can just drop on something on a whim that I know I won't listen to all that much. Less than 10 months ago I purchased G vs Destoroyah 2LP for $30 (plus $7 ship). The 50% increase in price is kind of wild, if it's because of the screen print then I'd take a screen print less side 4 to save on it. I know cost has gone up on manufacturing records but it hasn't gone up that much. Your records are not $45 plus shipping lol, hell I thought your Hunter Complex release was very reasonably priced (and looks fantastic, forget who did the art but that one is stellar). I just checked, your shipping is cheaper than Mondo's, international shipping is cheaper from you than what Mondo is charging for media mail, a $4 service in the US. All in all I'm just cranky old man complaining about the pricing of shit because I literally can't afford to buy the cool stuff I want due the price of everything just going up and making the same amount of money I always have.
By BurningTapes
Completely understand that. It’s getting expensive out there and I think everyone is cutting back a bit these days. Thanks for the Hunter Complex compliments. Luke insect did the artwork.
By NathanLurker
Yeah I'm at a point with record prices where I'm passing on a lot of things I want because the prices just suck the pleasure out of collecting them. I'm way more picky now. One thing that I'll get for sure though is the ''TOKYO FIST'' soundtrack from WRWTFWW and I'll get the G vs Mothra, but not the Godzilla anime from Waxwork.
By inksb
NathanLurker wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 1:04 am Yeah I'm at a point with record prices where I'm passing on a lot of things I want because the prices just suck the pleasure out of collecting them. I'm way more picky now. One thing that I'll get for sure though is the ''TOKYO FIST'' soundtrack from WRWTFWW and I'll get the G vs Mothra, but not the Godzilla anime from Waxwork.
I just checked out the two tracks from Tokyo Fist. Not what I expected but makes me very curious to check out the film.
By NathanLurker
inksb wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 2:08 am
NathanLurker wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 1:04 am Yeah I'm at a point with record prices where I'm passing on a lot of things I want because the prices just suck the pleasure out of collecting them. I'm way more picky now. One thing that I'll get for sure though is the ''TOKYO FIST'' soundtrack from WRWTFWW and I'll get the G vs Mothra, but not the Godzilla anime from Waxwork.
I just checked out the two tracks from Tokyo Fist. Not what I expected but makes me very curious to check out the film.
I enjoy pretty much all of Shinya Tsukamoto's movies, but they are weird. Tokyo Fist's soundtrack is by Chu Ishikawa, same composer as for Tetsuo the Iron man. Did you ever buy the Tsukamoto set from Arrow ?
By inksb
NathanLurker wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 2:25 am
inksb wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 2:08 am
I enjoy pretty much all of Shinya Tsukamoto's movies, but they are weird. Tokyo Fist's soundtrack is by Chu Ishikawa, same composer as for Tetsuo the Iron man. Did you ever buy the Tsukamoto set from Arrow ?
I have not picked up that box but it's on my list. I think I've only seen Tetsuo , Gemini and A Snake in June. I need to grab that Hiruko the Goblin blu from Mondo Macabro as well.
By inksb
Saw that was listed in an email from some one recently can't remember who. I'll hopefully grab a copy of that this time.
By inksb
Just saw this went up for pre-order. It's on streaming if you want to check it out

Alan Howarth & Andrew VanWyngarden - Cosmic Dawn

Looks like it's a pared down release, the streaming version is 99 minutes long and this is just a single LP.

Ship to Shore PhonoCo. is proud to announce the release of Cosmic Dawn: Original Motion Picture Soundtrack by Alan Howarth & MGMT’s Andrew VanWyngarden!

After her mother is seemingly abducted by aliens, a disturbed young woman seeks answers by joining a UFO cult… but all is not as it seems.

Alan Howarth (best known for his collaborative work with John Carpenter on soundtracks such as Big Trouble In Little China, Prince Of Darkness and Halloween III: Season of the Witch) teams up with Andrew VanWyngarden of MGMT to create a 40 minute opus of unsettling moodiness. A unique mixture of ominous synthwave & dark ambience (occasionally blended with some psychedelic funk rock) and mixed with audio samples from the movie, the score invokes an uneasy dreamlike atmosphere that you will want to return to again and again!

https://shiptoshoremedia.com/collection ... soundtrack

By Bub
havershaw wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 11:33 pm
334578rpm wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 11:19 pm
If I buy 2, do I get one free?
RIP EAS...
Seconding the RIP
He ran those promos too often. That's gotta be what did him in. Or was it B2G2.