Talk about films scores here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By vinyljunkie
yep, i thought the exact same thing re: recouping on their shipping -- and scojo is absolutely correct about the Thelma score being super underrated because of their clientele's homogenous taste -- all good though, we reap the benefits!
inksb wrote: Tue Nov 10, 2020 5:21 pm Limited to 500. Damn it. It makes me wonder if they just set it at $40 because it's free shipping week and they want to recoup that cost a little.
By Mateo Sanboval
vinyljunkie wrote: Tue Nov 10, 2020 7:28 pm yep, i thought the exact same thing re: recouping on their shipping -- and scojo is absolutely correct about the Thelma score being super underrated because of their clientele's homogenous taste -- all good though, we reap the benefits!
inksb wrote: Tue Nov 10, 2020 5:21 pm Limited to 500. Damn it. It makes me wonder if they just set it at $40 because it's free shipping week and they want to recoup that cost a little.
So cynical, you boys.
By reddye6
VFW just went live, and it's $29 and not $40.
By Bezulsqy
I ended up placing three orders containing a total of 5 records and the Videodrome 7". Unlike last year they shipped each order separate in stead of combing all and shipping them together. I am very happy about that because that should mean I do not need to pay custom duties... unless they state the exact amount. We'll see how it pans out.
By 334578rpm
Bezulsqy wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 2:09 pm
Mateo Sanboval wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 12:22 am Inspired by Deaf's post in Now Playing, I went on a little Budd Hunt. Does anyone here know anything about the status or veracity of these listings?

https://www.discogs.com/Roy-Budd-The-St ... e/15777326
https://www.discogs.com/Roy-Budd-The-Ma ... e/15777249
I saw those listings in August. And at the time I did find some images on the Instagram account for Beatball Records.
Just now I looked at their Facebook page and in a post dated 22 July 2019 they mentioned this (google translate version):
Release is scheduled for September, and both albums will be produced in limited edition of 700 copies (worldwide). You can look forward to it.
They meant September 2019 but no idea what happened.
Update (kind of)...
Attachments
Screenshot_20201117-172452.png
Screenshot_20201117-172452.png (1.69 MiB) Viewed 2299 times
By Mateo Sanboval
Hey, I'll take it. I don't love comic art on these things, but Sean Philips has made a career out of drawing hard boiled pulp extremely well. I'll need to do some due diligence, but it appears to me that the extra tracks on the second LP are sourced from the 1999 Cinephile CD. What I'm unclear on is why some of those are considered different or unique from the original issue.
By ScoJo
Mateo Sanboval wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 1:36 am Hey, I'll take it. I don't love comic art on these things, but Sean Philips has made a career out of drawing hard boiled pulp extremely well. I'll need to do some due diligence, but it appears to me that the extra tracks on the second LP are sourced from the 1999 Cinephile CD. What I'm unclear on is why some of those are considered different or unique from the original issue.
Come on Beat Ball!

@mateo I did some extensive digging and am no clearer about the different released versions of this tbh - without actually comparing the audio of the original '74 lp and the Cinephile '99 cd with it's diff track titles/two extra cues, your guess = as good as mine what we are getting with this 2xlp expanded. Pretty damn excite anyways you cut it though.

By Mateo Sanboval
ScoJo wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 9:01 am
Mateo Sanboval wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 1:36 am Hey, I'll take it. I don't love comic art on these things, but Sean Philips has made a career out of drawing hard boiled pulp extremely well. I'll need to do some due diligence, but it appears to me that the extra tracks on the second LP are sourced from the 1999 Cinephile CD. What I'm unclear on is why some of those are considered different or unique from the original issue.
Come on Beat Ball!

@mateo I did some extensive digging and am no clearer about the different released versions of this tbh - without actually comparing the audio of the original '74 lp and the Cinephile '99 cd with it's diff track titles/two extra cues, your guess = as good as mine what we are getting with this 2xlp expanded. Pretty damn excite anyways you cut it though.
Agreed.
By deafmetal
How about that... an update on The Stone Killer. I'm down for a copy of that black vinyl 2LP. I agree with @Mateo on the comic art, but in the end it's all about the music.
By Mateo Sanboval
deafmetal wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 7:14 pm How about that... an update on The Stone Killer. I'm down for a copy of that black vinyl 2LP. I agree with @Mateo on the comic art, but in the end it's all about the music.
From your lips to God's good ear, m'friend.
By tim28212
Not to be a downer but I was just informed that Village of The Damned has be cancelled for it's Black Friday release. My local shop owner (who I had order it for me) seems to think it's gonna be held for RSD 2021. He said there were several Black Friday cancelllations.

:(
By ScoJo
tim28212 wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 3:26 pm Not to be a downer but I was just informed that Village of The Damned has be cancelled for it's Black Friday release. My local shop owner (who I had order it for me) seems to think it's gonna be held for RSD 2021. He said there were several Black Friday cancelllations.

Thanks Tim - i wonder if thats for both US and Uk (since there are two diff labels putting it out)

I'll message somebody and try to figure it out
By tim28212
ScoJo wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 4:03 pm
tim28212 wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 3:26 pm Not to be a downer but I was just informed that Village of The Damned has be cancelled for it's Black Friday release. My local shop owner (who I had order it for me) seems to think it's gonna be held for RSD 2021. He said there were several Black Friday cancelllations.

Thanks Tim - i wonder if thats for both US and Uk (since there are two diff labels putting it out)

report back, if there is still going to be a UK release I may try and snag a copy
By ScoJo
About 50% of Hynes' stuff for Mondo hits for me, I find this one both bland and overly fussy somehow. Ahh well. Tbh it's the kind of soundtrack I'm actually happy enough listening to digitally so once again with shipping/customs I save myself upwards of $85 which can go towards knocking off an OG (or two!) of sumthin cool that I'm missing.

Speaking of, after numerous failed attempts for one reason or another, fingers crossed it seems I have finally scored a Varese Tourist Trap yaaay!
By ScoJo
tim28212 wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 4:07 pm
ScoJo wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 4:03 pm

report back, if there is still going to be a UK release I may try and snag a copy
Can't find any hard info about this Tim/others - nobody has mentioned it being cancelled yet, and it's still listed on lots of online stores ready to go up for sale at 6pm on RSD. I will haunt a few and see what happens.
By havershaw
Mondo is announcing a vinyl release of the “Solo” score (which, I’ll be honest, I thought was quite a good score!).

12/2/20.
By monsterworship
ScoJo wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 2:27 pm RAWHEAD REX coming from Silva Screen - awful flick, rollicking Colin Towns score! Think Basil Poledouris at his most bombastic. None of the other purchase l ... whead-rex/

SILLP1606-RawHeadRex-vinyl-visual-web.jpg

nice. that one label that ripped everyone off and died was talking about doing this one. glad to see its coming out on a reputable label.

I disagree, this movie rules...