Talk about films scores here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By reddye6
Norman Records has the soundtrack to First Reformed up for pre-order HERE. Lustmord composed the score, so expect some dark ambient and drones. Comes in limited clear and black, and the vinyl has an extra track over the CD.
By deafmetal
@334578rpm @inksb - This is an interesting project. It might surprise you, but I first heard Frizzi's soundtrack to The Beyond on the this Stephen Romono CD release way back when. I have a copy of the old b&w graphic novel as well.
By reddye6
Soundtracks from Pusher 2 and Pusher 3 are available for pre-order from Escho. Limited to 800 for each.
By inksb
Revolver_OcelScott wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 6:39 pm Vault of Horror 3 up on TwoHeadedDog. 63 bucks for a 3LP collection. I didn't happen to have these releases, so for me it was a good deal.

https://www.twoheadeddog.com/vault-of-h ... n-box-set/
I'll probably just order this from Juno, they have it for $52 USD and usually their shipping is $5 (no clue how they do this but that's what I've been paying, although being a triple LP it might be more). I have an alert set up for them to email me when it's available to order.
By Revolver_OcelScott
Wish I had seen that, oh well. And I totally forgot, I have the beyond, signed even, don't know why I said I didn't have any of them. The packaging looks excellent.
By Revolver_OcelScott
Death Waltz release of Hellbound: Hellraiser II most likely next Wednesday on Mondo. Kinda bummed that I have the Mondo release for 1, but the Lakeshore releases of 2 and 3, sets my OCD off. Like not having the DW releases of the two newest Twin Peaks albums. Although, I have them on black and the DW of the first two releases were VERY noisy.
By Mateo Sanboval
Revolver_OcelScott wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 4:44 pm Death Waltz release of Hellbound: Hellraiser II most likely next Wednesday on Mondo. Kinda bummed that I have the Mondo release for 1, but the Lakeshore releases of 2 and 3, sets my OCD off. Like not having the DW releases of the two newest Twin Peaks albums. Although, I have them on black and the DW of the first two releases were VERY noisy.
Thoughts and prayers during your difficult time.
By inksb
Here's a new release I highly recommend. It's digital only for the time being but it's being shopped around to various labels at the moment so hopefully some one picks it up.

Häxan (Original Motion Picture Rescore) - Cemetery Gates

https://cemeterygatescv.bandcamp.com/al ... re-rescore
(also available on all streaming services like spotify, google, apple, etc)

Beautiful, long drone & ambient synth work here. I'm a big fan of where Gene (Skeleton Beach & half of Cemetery Gates) has been taking his music over the last year or so.

By Tron4Life
ScoJo wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 11:02 am The expanded CD release of Polanski's THE TENANT runs to 46mins. I wonder how much of that we can expect to get on the wax release next month?

I'm beyond thrilled though - yes, the CD includes the killer lounge-jazz version of the theme that someone puts on the turntable during the party scene, when Polanski and Adjani dance. I've had to make do forever with my film-ripped (dialogue heavy) version of it, the full cue is fantastic. Here's a taste:

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=li2wqo41S8k[/youtube]
October is almost over and there hasn't been any news in Quartet newsletters. Really waiting for this one to happen.
By 334578rpm
Tron4Life wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 6:15 pm
ScoJo wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 11:02 am The expanded CD release of Polanski's THE TENANT runs to 46mins. I wonder how much of that we can expect to get on the wax release next month?

I'm beyond thrilled though - yes, the CD includes the killer lounge-jazz version of the theme that someone puts on the turntable during the party scene, when Polanski and Adjani dance. I've had to make do forever with my film-ripped (dialogue heavy) version of it, the full cue is fantastic. Here's a taste:

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=li2wqo41S8k[/youtube]
October is almost over and there hasn't been any news in Quartet newsletters. Really waiting for this one to happen.
It's live:
https://www.quartetrecords.com/product/the-tenant-2/
By ScoJo
@33 - THANK YOU! Great heads up.

In return I offer this beauty, red wax edition of killer B-movie soundtrack cuts n radio spots, along with DVD included of THE most awesome Halloween movie compilation of all time, MONSTERS CRASH THE PYJAMA PARTY :D

18A10916-DACE-4C55-BBE2-296C78F207F4-287-0000004D86252507.png
18A10916-DACE-4C55-BBE2-296C78F207F4-287-0000004D86252507.png (312.15 KiB) Viewed 3030 times
Last edited by ScoJo on Thu Oct 24, 2019 2:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By inksb
I've seen lots of folks post that comp over the last few weeks. Guess I should check it out.

Mondo released the OST to Madman this week. I may have to order that. I like the artwork and I'm currently listening to it on their bandcamp, it's been years since I last watched Madman and needed a refresher. I'm really happy they have the campfire song in the opening track.

edit: I just checked Mondo's site and Madman is only $30 for a 2LP release. Did we go back in time here? That's single LP pricing.
By ChrisMcQueen007
Very cool news on here (Tenant, Halloween comp).

Thanks also for the Madman reminder, inksb. Given this one a listen on their bandcamp now and I like what I hear. So will probably get this one as soon as (online) retail over here in Europe carries it.
By Tron4Life
I ordered The Tenant instantly it came up and received notification from DHL only 15 min later. I should have it tomorrow. Very efficient service from Quartet. Now let’s hope vinyl is good quality too.
It’s nice to order a record directly from European film music label and I really like the direction they have taken.
By reddye6
This is a new CD head's up. Buysoundtrax just opened a pre-order for a 2-CD Alan Howarth collection (vol. 1) of three of his more recent scores. Ltd ed of 500, first 50 get an autographed CD booklet'

Buysoundtrax is also having a sale on horror soundtrack CDs, so the initial cost is a little more than $16 rather than the listed price of $19.95.
By Hatter313
If anyone isn’t on trunks mailing list (and why aren’t you? frankly) he had some absolutely fantastic Halloween-ish stuff up for 50p on Friday, not sure how long he keeps those prices on stuff but there is just killer stuff on there. The novelty comls Hipster Halloween 1 and 2 and voodoo Halloween are great, and the Sabu Sorcery is mandatory listening
By inksb
Hatter313 wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 10:25 pm If anyone isn’t on trunks mailing list (and why aren’t you? frankly) he had some absolutely fantastic Halloween-ish stuff up for 50p on Friday, not sure how long he keeps those prices on stuff but there is just killer stuff on there. The novelty comls Hipster Halloween 1 and 2 and voodoo Halloween are great, and the Sabu Sorcery is mandatory listening
I'm in the dark here, what and where do I sign up?!?!?
By Hatter313
Ah inks! You’re gonna love it.

https://trunkrecords.greedbag.com/

Johnny Trunk is a producer, DJ, archivist etc. he’s responsible for a truly incredible amount of things becoming available from horror scores to old jazz to books about vintage advertising.

Probably his big claim to fame in our community was being the first to put out the wicker man soundtrack and the dawn library tracks, and his mailing list always has some really awesome stuff in it. I think you can sign up right from his shop above or maybe the label site itself.
By Mateo Sanboval
Hatter313 wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 1:38 pm Probably his big claim to fame in our community was being the first to put out the wicker man soundtrack and the dawn library tracks, and his mailing list always has some really awesome stuff in it.
In truth, Hatter old pal, I'd say his claim to fame in our community is that ScoJ deigned to be interviewed by the man.
By Hatter313
Mateo Sanboval wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 4:29 am
Hatter313 wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 1:38 pm Probably his big claim to fame in our community was being the first to put out the wicker man soundtrack and the dawn library tracks, and his mailing list always has some really awesome stuff in it.
In truth, Hatter old pal, I'd say his claim to fame in our community is that ScoJ deigned to be interviewed by the man.

haha YES. I stand completely 100% corrected.