Talk about films scores here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By tim28212
ScoJo wrote:Scored this (and another NM copy of Risky Business!) at my local store today.

This LP is absolutely killer, can't recommend highly enough if you like Tangerine Dream (of which Hoenig was briefly a member in the mid 70s)

Now I just need someone to put put his awesome score to The Gate!
image.jpeg
listening to this now. going to the top of the want/wish list. great stuff!!
By Dollarhyde
ScoJo wrote:That artwork....that title...that everything. I'm jumping on this link the minute I get home tonight!
Thanks as always for sharing the joyous bounty Matt :D
Unfortunately no arpeggiated synth disco but still I great dollarbin catch.

This would be my recent top tip
Big City OST from the first series
https://www.discogs.com/0座標-大都会-闘いの日々/release/11149432
Funky rock with a touch of psych performed by a small group that just riff on a groove for each track, really great stuff some short samples below. I had been after this for a while and a bunch have appeared on discogs at the mo, at imo good prices, my favourite of these series releases that I've heard so far
https://www.hmv.co.jp/artist_TV-Soundtr ... ク盤_7565741
Last edited by Dollarhyde on Tue Feb 19, 2019 3:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Hatter313
static14 wrote:My favorite film of the year, and the score is right up there too.
Absolutely the best film of the year, waiting on mine to arrive
By inksb
Well it looks like I need to prioritize watching the film. Spike Lee is so hit or miss, I thought the trailer looked great but I've been mislead before.
By Hatter313
inksb wrote:Well it looks like I need to prioritize watching the film. Spike Lee is so hit or miss, I thought the trailer looked great but I've been mislead before.
100% on how uneven he can be, but I think it’s his best film in years and may even put it up there with “Do The Right Thing” which is a patently absurd thing to say, but I’m saying it.
By vinyljunkie
I thought it was a good film and the score was nice but don't think I'd spin it much -- my fave film from last year was Roma and my fave score would have to be Britell's If Beale Street Could Talk, which I think is a modern masterpiece, up there with Mica Levi's Under the Skin!
By ScoJo
vinyljunkie wrote: my fave score would have to be Britell's If Beale Street Could Talk, which I think is a modern masterpiece, up there with Mica Levi's Under the Skin!
Duly noted, VJ!