Talk about films scores here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By ScoJo
Scored this (and another NM copy of Risky Business!) at my local store today.

This LP is absolutely killer, can't recommend highly enough if you like Tangerine Dream (of which Hoenig was briefly a member in the mid 70s)

Now I just need someone to put put his awesome score to The Gate!
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (40.29 KiB) Viewed 3871 times
By Mateo Sanboval
ScoJo wrote:Good call!

I'm compelled to back-to-back it with 'Fly By Night' from Love at First Bite OST, another throbbing slab of disco excess!
Is there a 12" of this?
By ScoJo
Mateo Sanboval wrote:
ScoJo wrote:Good call!

I'm compelled to back-to-back it with 'Fly By Night' from Love at First Bite OST, another throbbing slab of disco excess!
Is there a 12" of this?
Well yes there is (both a Spanish 12" or a US promo) but I was spinning the LP.
And yet... now I find myself eyeing those 12s...
By ChrisMcQueen007
^^ Yes, that one just sounds incredible. I also like that it has the Craig Safan piece included at the end. Such a powerful scene in the movie, for me the score just isn’t the same experience without it.
By ScoJo
Agreed Chris. I held off buying a US copy (with 'Confrontation') for years, and couldn't be more pleased with this re-issue. Clean as a whistle and dynamic AF.
By Hatter313
static14 wrote:Image
Gorgeous, only have this digitally, need to pick this up on wax one of these days.
By Hatter313
Having trouble posting a pic right now, but got an absolutely spotless German pressing of escape from New York in this week after the realization that the howarth altered revisions were all I had. This copy was PRISTINE.
By Hatter313
Spun out of control wrote:Retro funkiness that recalls Italian library records.... and Barbara Bouchet gyrating in a tasseled bikini get-up
Yeah mine arrived Friday, probably going to break it out today!
By ScoJo
Heck, this is a good time. How is it I can love everything that this darn label puts out??

Huge thanks again to Brother @Dollarhyde for the hook up (and sweet deal) on this and the Other Side of Midnight/J.Jewel LP
not to mention the armload of choice IDiB one-sheet promo posters!

FullSizeRender.jpg
FullSizeRender.jpg (808.51 KiB) Viewed 3743 times
By ScoJo
Hatter313 wrote:Having trouble posting a pic right now, but got an absolutely spotless German pressing of escape from New York in this week after the realization that the howarth altered revisions were all I had. This copy was PRISTINE.
Good going dude! Like to think/hope that I played a part (along with all who chipped in with info over at Comparison Corner) in this coming to you. Enjoy!

Comparison Corner:
Where OCD Dreams Come Alive!
By ScoJo
Pays to pop into your local charity store, which only ever has multiple Jim Reeves, Mantovanis and battered Chariots of Fires.
Near mint OG for a few quid, to upgrade my somewhat worn of same.

"Do you know the 'Chicken Walk'?"
FullSizeRender.jpg
FullSizeRender.jpg (420.69 KiB) Viewed 3714 times