Talk about films scores here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By texasvinyl
I think this latest group is okay, I'm listening to the Trovajoli now, Seddok: L'Erede Di Satana, and this pressing sounds pretty good. The output can be inconsistent from one cue to the next. Some cues sound better than others, but none have that awful compressed sound from digital noise reductions. I think quite good given this is from 1960. I also like this score.

I actually didn't see the Brother Sun Sister Moon; it looks like that is part of this batch. Might have to grab that one if I see it.
By texasvinyl

Another solid release from AMS! Jacket, insert and vinyl look great, the pressing sounds ace, and it's a great Morricone score.

Hey deaf how did you get your avatar picture bigger like that? I could only use a tiny 15kb file which ended up being like 125x125 pixels.

I also wonder how to make these pics show up smaller. They look gigantic on my screen.
By deafmetal
@texas - For the avatar, use a photo editing program such as Gimp or Photoshop to lower the quality of a 400x400 pixel jpeg until the fize size is under 15KB.

We might want to suggest a photo auto-resize feature for the forum, otherwise you have to scale the pictures down yourself before posting.

PS - that new Morricone looks stellar.
Last edited by deafmetal on Sat Nov 07, 2015 6:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
By tim28212
thewaystation wrote:@Tim, out of curiosity, what do you typically write / jot down when spinning? Intrigued to see pen and notepad in your last picture.
I keep track of how many sides I spin to give an idea of how may hours I have on my cartridge. It would be easier if I just got a clicker but for now every side gets a hashmark. :)
By tim28212
When this first started to show up on ebay several years back I had no idea it was the Varese Sarabande expanded release. Once I learned that I wanted it but prices got a bit steep for me. Finally found one at a very reasonable price.

By tim28212
Intrada releases a 2CD edition of this next week. I still have not decided if I am going to bite on it or not. This is one of my most loved scores so I just might. In the meantime I'm going to spin this.

By deathwaltz
Picked up these two releases on Midwich . Absolutely outstanding.
Attachments
image2.jpg
image2.jpg (423.35 KiB) Viewed 6059 times
image1.jpg
image1.jpg (452.58 KiB) Viewed 6059 times
By tim28212
static14 wrote:@Tim just ordered Dragon myself. should be here in the next few days hopefully. :)
I had never heard it and didn't know what to expect. It's pretty good, I like it. Glad I took a chance on it.
By Dollarhyde
Just arrived, looking and sounding splendid. From the iam8bit store not a discogs flipper ;)
Attachments
2015-11-07 13.45.56.png
2015-11-07 13.45.56.png (382.15 KiB) Viewed 6005 times