Talk about films scores here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By bpwlogan
Tim wrote:
on my want list, so friggen much coming out at once.

There is Tim. I can't believe all the stuff that's coming out. You can spend yourself blind!
Last edited by bpwlogan on Fri Nov 20, 2015 1:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
By bpwlogan
@Tim oh I know everytime I say this is the last record for a while someone puts out a reissue that I want. Today it was Blue Velvet. I Wonder what tomorrow will bring. I really like Goldsmith a lot and should play the five or six scores that I have from him a little more.
By tim28212
I have been waiting to spin this since Monday. Well worth the wait! If you have listened to The Damn Fine Focus from TG and ScoJo you know how wonderful this is.
By ScoJo
@Tim - when that film first came out, my firend and I would only refer to it as Specific Shite. ;)

However - Zimmer! I'mma probably need to investigate that....hhmmmmmm.......
By deafmetal
No frills 180gm repress by Geffen. Solid as Crom.
Still in my top ten OST of all time, potentially for the rest of my life.
Last edited by deafmetal on Sun Dec 06, 2015 10:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By tim28212
ScoJo wrote:@Tim - when that film first came out, my firend and I would only refer to it as Specific Shite. ;)

However - Zimmer! I'mma probably need to investigate that....hhmmmmmm.......
@ScoJo, I must admit I have never seen the movie. I got it because it was Hans Zimmer. It isn't anything earth shattering but well worth the $6 I paid. You can check it out on youtube.
By deafmetal
Finally received this wonderment after having it stuck with a preorder for most of this year.
The main theme puts a smile on my face, nice to see two versions of it on side A. Also, three pages of printed sleeve notes included along with the two posters, nice!
Last edited by deafmetal on Sun Dec 06, 2015 10:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Bezulsqy
This one belongs in my top 5 releases of this year. I just can't explain why I like this as much as I do. A great package as well.
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (744.02 KiB) Viewed 5728 times
By texasvinyl

Excellent and ground-breaking avant-garde free improvisation jazz album from 1962 which explores microtones on clarinet. No one was ready for this at the time.