Talk about films scores here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By deafmetal
@static - Nice timing... as I finally caved and picked up a copy.

This also happens to be my first South Korean pressing.

Sounds pretty good to me, and seems to be a legit Sony pressing. Anybody else have experience with South Korean vinyl? There is small text on the LP label that says "Approved by the government" :)
By EvanCampbell
omaggio.jpg
omaggio.jpg (329.89 KiB) Viewed 5800 times
@ static - On the second move right now so not much down time. Also my stash got decimated! Between my girlfriends younger brother and another family member all the great stuff went bye bye. Chris you moved as well correct?

@ deaf great stuff you have been posting...and I still do not have that Dracula!!!
By static14
EvanCampbell wrote: @ static - On the second move right now so not much down time. Also my stash got decimated! Between my girlfriends younger brother and another family member all the great stuff went bye bye. Chris you moved as well correct?
Darn sorry to hear that the good stuff is gone. :)

Yeah we're kinda mid move at the moment. We're in corporate housing right now and we'll move into our place (hopefully) on December 1st. I'll be glad to have all of our stuff out of storage. It's been a long couple of months in limbo.
By texasvinyl

I picked up this reissue as a play copy so I can keep the original archived. Omni/Roundtable reissues have always been great quality for me, and Bioritmi is no exception. This is sonically faithful or even superior to the original pressing, and I always enjoy their liner notes. The jacket has a reproduction of the original cover including the Gemelli logo, but the original sleeve was a glossy heavy stock whereas the reissue uses a standard weight sleeve.

From the liner: A genius meld of avant orchestrations, brooding modular 20th century composition and electronically processed percussion, 'Bioritmi' features extended and fastidiously sculpted pieces that range from spacious abstractions to tantalisingly ominous melodic interludes and intensely propulsive arrangements.
By EvanCampbell
Kenny & Company Fred Myrow.jpg
Kenny & Company Fred Myrow.jpg (369.9 KiB) Viewed 5705 times
Kenny & Company Fred Myrow...a couple of tracks have a vague hint of his later score phantasm.
static14 wrote:Yeah we're kinda mid move at the moment. We're in corporate housing right now and we'll move into our place (hopefully) on December 1st. I'll be glad to have all of our stuff out of storage. It's been a long couple of months in limbo.
I completely know the feeling...same situation here.
By tim28212
bpwlogan wrote:Very nice! thanks for the ebay link@Tim!
@ bpwlogan, You're welcome man. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do. One of Mr. Young's best IMO.
By EvanCampbell
Two for the see saw.jpg
Two for the see saw.jpg (596.3 KiB) Viewed 5640 times
Two For The Seesaw - André Previn
Has the great trumpet player Uan Rasey ( Chinatown, Taxi Driver) so parts of it have very similar feel to Chinatown.
Good stuff here!

@ScoJo - Scott what is up brother :) Kenny & Company is so dated 70's....that alone makes it enjoyable!
By ScoJo
@Evan - I'm super fine my man, anything that sounds "a bit like Phantasm in parts" has my 1000% endorsement, and I look forward to hearing some Fender Rhodes all over that baby :D

Btw did you see that I'm putting out a record soon? You can join our mailing list if you want to know more, we should have an announcement soon on a pre-order for US peeps...just hit the contact form if you're interested.

www.ondespositivesrecordings.com
By bpwlogan
This picture disk came out pretty good. I did drop for the transparent green toxic puddle one too. That's the only double dip for me on this subscription. I have to say I'm really impressed with this sub from WW especially the mastering of the records.
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (1.01 MiB) Viewed 5604 times