Talk about films scores here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By Hatter313
tim28212 wrote:I love this score. "It's Not Your Mother" is just phenomenally good (IMO) and is one of my all time favorites pieces from Goldsmith
This is top 5 for me, this is my favorite period of work from him, when he was playing with electronics along with those hauntingly beautiful melodies.
By Hatter313
static14 wrote:Image

Ok, my place is pretty much squared away so I can get to my deck now, I think I’m gonna join in this goldsmith fest when I get back home. Starting with this for sure
By Mateo Sanboval
Tron4Life wrote:Got this 1967 mono version yesterday.
What I remember of it, this was a truly fun score.
By ScoJo
static14 wrote:Image
Hey Chris, quick question for you on this - is that the subscriber edition? Reason I ask, I was hanging out for my local store to get the retail in, and it was taking forever. I recently asked him what was up with it, and he said that there was a pressing fault with it and they had all been recalled! I've no reason to disbelieve the intel he's getting from his distro, but seems really odd since I've heard no mention here or elsewhere and WW haven't made any kind of announcement that I'm aware of?

Bottom line is that I want this bad, but unsure of next move. There are copies on Discogs but presumably they are defective in some way??
By deafmetal
@static and @tim have been running a damn clinic in this thread, wow. Hats off to you fellas.

Just now getting a JW listen up on the table:

Very happy with this expanded album, especially the pressing quality on black vinyl, and the extensive insert notes from Mike Matessino. It’s apparent when Mondo treasures a licensed property like this one. The artwork and design by Phantom City Creative also feels on point. The stars aligned here.
By static14
ScoJo wrote:
Hey Chris, quick question for you on this - is that the subscriber edition? Reason I ask, I was hanging out for my local store to get the retail in, and it was taking forever. I recently asked him what was up with it, and he said that there was a pressing fault with it and they had all been recalled! I've no reason to disbelieve the intel he's getting from his distro, but seems really odd since I've heard no mention here or elsewhere and WW haven't made any kind of announcement that I'm aware of?

Bottom line is that I want this bad, but unsure of next move. There are copies on Discogs but presumably they are defective in some way??
No. It’s not the subcriber edition. It’s the blue speckled whatever edition. I haven’t noticed anything funky about it honestly. Maybe the retail black had an issue?
By ScoJo
static14 wrote:
ScoJo wrote:

No. It’s not the subcriber edition. It’s the blue speckled whatever edition. I haven’t noticed anything funky about it honestly. Maybe the retail black had an issue?
Thanks, I'll look into it a bit more :)
By Hatter313
ScoJo wrote:...any old hoozle... this wins the day for me:
FullSizeRender.jpg
Yep, this is in that top 5 as well for sure