Talk about films scores here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By inksb
I picked up a few older Deathwaltz releases this weekend used at a local shop. This one is beautiful, I had never heard it before but I put it on twice in a row and I put back on this morning.

By Bezulsqy
inksb wrote:I picked up a few older Deathwaltz releases this weekend used at a local shop. This one is beautiful, I had never heard it before but I put it on twice in a row and I put back on this morning.

Yes, that is very good. I still need to get it, but have the Italian 7".
By inksb
I wanted to order that Annihilation LP from the sale but then realized that unless I was ordering a bunch of stuff shipping just made it the price of ordering on my side of the pond from lakeshore.
By Bezulsqy
inksb wrote:I wanted to order that Annihilation LP from the sale but then realized that unless I was ordering a bunch of stuff shipping just made it the price of ordering on my side of the pond from lakeshore.
I wanted a lot of their releases for some time, but those never made it to the top of my wantlist. With these prices I had to go for the ones shown above. And those are some fine pieces of wax I have to say.
Next Invada purchase for me will be their next sale. In 2020. If they have one.
By havershaw
inksb wrote:I picked up a few older Deathwaltz releases this weekend used at a local shop. This one is beautiful, I had never heard it before but I put it on twice in a row and I put back on this morning.

I discovered that this past fall and I listen to it all the time. It is soooooooo great.
By Mateo Sanboval
Bezulsqy wrote:Also took advantage of the Invada sale to pick up some items. I wanted more, but had to draw the line at 4 releases.

Finally got this:

I continue to thoroughly enjoy both this score and its accompanying film.
By deafmetal
Mateo Sanboval wrote:I continue to thoroughly enjoy both this score and its accompanying film.
Same here, and I'll never forget my first listen at 33rpm when I finally made it to the vocal song at the end. Fooouur doooommed meennnn riiiiiiide ooooouut..
By Mateo Sanboval
deafmetal wrote:
Mateo Sanboval wrote:I continue to thoroughly enjoy both this score and its accompanying film.
Same here, and I'll never forget my first listen at 33rpm when I finally made it to the vocal song at the end. Fooouur doooommed meennnn riiiiiiide ooooouut..
I think you just accidentally stumbled upon vaporwave.
By Bezulsqy
deafmetal wrote:
My fist listen was like that as well :-)
By texasvinyl

Awesome record. I have a spare VG copy for sale, for $75 shipped in the US. The cover is probably VG- or G+, these white covers can show lots of wear and this one certainly does. (This pic is my upgraded VG+ cover, unfortunately with distro stickers but much cleaner looking).
By tim28212
static14 wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 1:47 am Everytime I pop this on I’m reminded why I don’t listen very often. The music is so cool, the pressing is so bad. :(. Doubt I finish side 1

I keep seeing this a Eds and wonder if I want to take a chance. Then I remember what you say. That cover is just so cool.
By inksb
texasvinyl wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 5:11 am Image

I had bone tomahawk out for sale this weekend. I'm kinda glad it didn't sell. A fine fellow traded me my extra copy of f zero for his extra copy of Road Rash.
Super jealous you have Road Rash and you had an extra copy of F-Zero. Bums me out that he only made that available on Facebook as I'm not on there. How's the sound quality on Road Rash?
By inksb
SMW sounds excellent. So much better than the tape which was flat and lacked any real punch to the audio. Mario 64 last I heard which was a few weeks ago was that they were still waiting for the records to come in from the pressing plant. They have had the jackets since early January I think. Have you ordered any of the other LPs from Select Start? I know the rest of them are lathes. I thought the artwork for Moonwalker was pretty nice when he posted it online but I just grabbed the tape which he still hasn't sent me because he forgot to, lol. I told him not to worry about it and just send it with my copy of Super Mario Land cassette.