Talk about films scores here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By Occhionero
Ah, would love to get a vinyl release
By static14
@blue15 this was released by Varese as an expanded CD years ago.

Rumor has it that Varese are releasing a vinyl boxset of NOES scores. Fingers crossed! :)
By Hatter313
@static14 wrote
Rumor has it that Varese are releasing a vinyl boxset of NOES scores. Fingers crossed! :)

Sweet Merciful....oh man, that would be something else.
By tim28212
@static, I heard that rumor also but thought it was a CD box set and assumed it would be one of their CD Club releases. Sure hope you are right. If you and it's limited it is going to go quick.
By static14
@tim if it turns out to be vinyl (and god i hope it is) I'll grab two if I can to help out any folks on here who happen to miss out on it.
By The Dentist
Fingers crossed for vinyl. Just re-visited the first 3 films the past few nights. 1 and 3 are fantastic.
By monsterworship
A boxset would be sweet.

I have most of them on vinyl, except #2 I have on cassette.

By monsterworship
Well the good news is that NoEs is not the next LP to CD in the series, they announced Blind Date.

By deafmetal
@monstership - That makes sense as @static mentioned the Varese expanded CD album already existed. The LP-to-CD is supposed to be all first time Varese CD releases.

The timing for is also good for a NOES box set with Halloween arriving next month. I would love if this was true. I have priced out some of the original pressings a few times, including the Christopher Young signed copies of II, but have yet to pull the trigger on any of them. Here's to hoping it's really vinyl with the original cover art intact somewhere on the sleeve.

By deafmetal
Sigh, it sounded almost too good to be true.
By Garmonbozia
Maybe I'm just not seeing it but where does it indicate what format the box set is? I've tried to find something that definitely says CD and I can't. I'm a total space case, though, so I could have missed it. Also, the box itself looks record sized in those photographs.
By blastman
It's CD, the box isn't square so I would doubt very much that it's vinyl. Also the Freddy jumper, can't see them doing that for a vinyl-sized package!

I'd still be interested in this even if it is CD. I'm presuming the price will be hefty enough, though.
By tim28212
8 CD box set now available if interested

LINK
By bpwlogan
I bit on this. The price was right at $100(thought it was going to be much higher), and the quality of the box set will be good as expected from Varese. I hope each disc has its original cover art per cd, and there not just pictured in a booklet. It would have been cool to see a big vinyl drop on this, but I'll take the cd copies. It's all about the music in the end.