Talk about films scores here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By tim28212
This is a really great listen. Mike Matessino discussing working on the new Varese Sarabande deluxe edition of John William's score to Dracula. If you are a fan of this score, and I know alot of you are, it's worth a listen. I'm really hoping it sees a vinyl release at some point. I can't remember the last CD I bought but I'm close to dropping the $29 for this one.

DRACULA
By Dollarhyde
Synth Orientated Anime OST mix/compilation
I put together.

https://soundcloud.com/oblong/anime-synth-selection
I stuck this in the now playing thread but have now added a tracklisting, or rather record listing (there will be one or two cuts from each listed record played). haven't added track names but have put the time, Artist, LP name and cat numbers

A Chilled mix of mid 80's to late 70's anime scores showing some the electronic variety of the genre, and some obscure gems.

0:00 - J. Hisaishi - Nausicaa Of The Valley Of The Wind, Drama
Cat no: ANL-1901~2

2:11 - J. Hisaishi - Cinderella Labyrinth
Cat no: CX-7155

6:32 - K. Shigeru - Makai Original Album
Cat no: LB28-5024

12:34 - T. Namba - Unit Guyver Original Soundtrack
Cat no: 25AGL-3038

16:08 - M. Sasanji - Galatt Kids Vol 1
Cat no: JBX-25057

19:15 - S. Sagisu - BGM Maniac Library 1, Megazone Two Three
Cat no: JBX-7001

22:21 - C. Kawachi - Ranpopo Music Story
Cat no: JBX-25045

23:58 - H. Manebe - Samy: Missing 99 Original Soundtrack
Cat no: T25A-1053

28:05 - J. Hisaishi - Laputa, The Mystery of The Flying Stone
Cat no: 25AGL-3025

31:56 - Appo Sound Project - SF Animethology, 86
Cat no: CX-7260

35:15 - J. Fukamachi - Queen Emeraldas Synthesizer Fantasy
Cat no: CX-7085

40:47 - Appo Sound Project - Dirty Pair
Cat no: CX-7252

44:15 - O. Shoji - Adieu Galaxy Express 999 - Synthesizer Fantasy
Cat no: CX-7042

49:39 - N. Aoki/Godiego - Galaxy Express 999, Drama
Cat no: CS-7136~7
By Hatter313
ScoJo wrote:In case you haven't seen this - the eternally wonderful Adrienne Barbeau is starting a new podcast about women in horror!

This is relevant to my interests, and wildly exciting. "Ahoy mateys...it's me, Stevie Wayne - your night light..."

https://consequenceofsound.net/2019/02/ ... she-kills/
Oh hell yes
By ScoJo
Right? This has the promise of being really special. I mean, I would PAY for that shit, gladly.

Might have a re-listen to her chat on the DFC to warm me up :)
By Mateo Sanboval
deafmetal wrote:
Mateo Sanboval wrote:Uh...so this is great.
Barbeaulicious
By inksb
@max, I really enjoyed Video Palace. The main character is played by Chase Williamson from John Dies at the End who I really enjoy. He does a fantastic job. It's an interesting story that is super specific to folks like us.
By inksb
Alright I listened to the first episode of She Kills and while I think it was a fantastic conversation I feel like I was misled coming into the podcast. The whole "hosted by Adrienne Barbeau" isn't quite right, she did pre-recorded bumpers like a bad radio show but she didn't actually interview the guests which is what I thought I was getting. Karyn Kasama and Emily Deshanel were great and I could listen to them talk for another hour but I thought it was going to be an interview conducted by Adrienne and there were going to be conversations with the host. Also they can straight up fuck off reading all of those credits at the end, just put that shit on the web page in the episode info. Has any one listened to the next episodes? Does Adrienne actually have conversations with the guests?
By ScoJo
inksb wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 1:44 pm Alright I listened to the first episode of She Kills and while I think it was a fantastic conversation I feel like I was misled coming into the podcast. The whole "hosted by Adrienne Barbeau" isn't quite right, she did pre-recorded bumpers like a bad radio show but she didn't actually interview the guests which is what I thought I was getting. Karyn Kasama and Emily Deshanel were great and I could listen to them talk for another hour but I thought it was going to be an interview conducted by Adrienne and there were going to be conversations with the host. Also they can straight up fuck off reading all of those credits at the end, just put that shit on the web page in the episode info. Has any one listened to the next episodes? Does Adrienne actually have conversations with the guests?
Completely agree @inks - whilst this is still a good listen, it's not quite what it promised to be sadly.
By texasvinyl
FIrst mix I have been able to do in 15 months. Not as long as I wanted to go, but I will take 75 minutes of deck time!! This one is focused on non-Italian library, although I did cheat a little bit-- there is one Italian artist on an Italian label, one Italian artist on a non-Italian label, and one Italian label with a non-Italian artist... one of these days maybe I will have time to actually plan a mix and pick tracks ahead of time

Hope you enjoy it

https://soundcloud.com/texasvinyl/off-t ... ibrary-mix