Talk about films scores here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By Bezulsqy
ScoJo wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 1:07 pm
Bezulsqy wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 12:48 pm Great episode. Really loved you guys simply chatting about scores and all things related.
I assumed the first Cinevox release of the Bird with The crystal plumage also was the original score and not the re-recording... not sure why I was thinking that. Probably because of the prices it fetches.
Now I will postpone getting a copy of that cinevox indefinitely :-)
In double checking ma facts, and since I don't have the Cinevox, based on the tracklisting and lengths I'm pretty sure that the Cinevox is the original film recordings as per the Cerebus release. It's only the US Capitol disc which features the re-recording.
On the obi of DWRC release of Nightmare City a re-issue of The Bird With The Crystal Plumage is mentioned. I think we already knew that some time, but not sure. Also a Patrick re-issue. I assume they all are using the masters used for the AMS re-issues.

After hearing Tony talk about those matrix numbers I am curious to know how they compare on the AMS vs DWRC but I cannot find info about them.
By inksb
Finally had a chance to listen yesterday. It's been so long since I've heard your voice ScoJo it took a few seconds for my brain to process it :)

Great to hear you two chatting in the format again, looking forward to more.
By ScoJo
inksb wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 2:53 pm Finally had a chance to listen yesterday. It's been so long since I've heard your voice ScoJo it took a few seconds for my brain to process it :)

Great to hear you two chatting in the format again, looking forward to more.
I don't recognise my voice either most days bro!

Thanks a lot, hopefully we'll keep this train rolling for a while.
By CrossedPete
Don’t know how I missed the release of episode 2 but just finished listening. Another great episode, I look forward to hearing more from youse guys. That Sylvester Levay mix at the end was great 👍
By ScoJo
CrossedPete wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 9:30 pm Don’t know how I missed the release of episode 2 but just finished listening. Another great episode, I look forward to hearing more from youse guys. That Sylvester Levay mix at the end was great 👍
Thank you, get yourself some Levay! He's tits!
By Bezulsqy
ScoJo wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 9:34 am Tony Scott Pod Ep 3 now up:

https://tonyandscottpodcast.libsyn.com/ ... -episode-3

Also on the uTunez and Spurtify
So happy to hear you guys again. I can't seem to find the podcast on iTunes... Listening now on Spotify.

Crimes of the Black Cat was released by Dagored in 2018:
https://www.discogs.com/Manuel-De-Sica- ... e/12163182

Great to hear how much you liked Le Serpente. The French OG is very cheap to get: 10-15 for a VG+: https://www.discogs.com/sell/release/773238?ev=rb
But one commenter says the Italian OG (same year: 1973) sounds a bit better.

I started my 25 Morricone scores a year last year. I ended up hitting the 25 in 2020 and for 2021 I am at 13 at the moment. I try to buy OG's as much as possible or the Japanese version if there is one.

There are a lot of Morricone OG releases that are not that expensive. I recently got the score to Copkiller. That theme is fantastic. A great score. I still need to see the movie from 1983 starring Harvey Keitel and John Lydon.

I ordered a copy of the score to The Parallax View months ago. I did not receive a shipping notification though, probably will pop up any day now.
By Bezulsqy
Episode 4 was very enjoyable but being a member of the vinyl elite I did know most of what you guys were talking about :-)
And that person that created the Exorcist 3 tape extravaganza indeed is a swell human being!
By Dollarhyde
Another great listen guys. When I first saw this on yahoo Japan For a split second I thought it was...
R-938101-1188868598.jpeg.jpg
R-938101-1188868598.jpeg.jpg (11.36 KiB) Viewed 2023 times
By inksb
That Make Them Die Slowly boot is blocked on discogs now lol. Not sure how long ago you got that ScoJo but some asshole reported it between then and now.
By ScoJo
inksb wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 6:22 pm That Make Them Die Slowly boot is blocked on discogs now lol. Not sure how long ago you got that ScoJo but some asshole reported it between then and now.
It was actually blocked when I found out about it, but by fluke there was a recent comment on the page by a guy who was selling a copy so I messaged him and did the deed.
By reddye6
I finally made my Discogs collection private. It was either a message about Bounty or The Keep or Troll 2.
By jgibbs4053
Bezulsqy wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 2:19 pm
inksb wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 2:10 pm Nice work ScoJo you have caused people to start inquiring to about Let's Scare Jessica. I woke up to a discogs message offering me 200 US
me as well
I think he is hitting up everyone w a copy
By Bezulsqy
Have been listening to episode 5 of the Tony & Scott Motion Picture Podcast yesterday and today.

I love that you take your time chit chatting. You guys are funny and informative and I love that you simply talk about movies and TG's new walkman while also delving deeper in your new pickups.
I also have not yet seen Alice Sweet Alice.

Giallo board game! Yes, please!

Hope you will continue with these podcasts.