Talk about films scores here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By ScoJo
Hello my fiends...

Do any of you listen to the awesome FOREVER MIDNIGHT podcast? It's a real joy - three very funny California dudes hanging out and talking horror. They are the people who put out the Coven soundtrack this year. I interviewed them and put them through the DFC's Vinyl Score soundtrack quiz, coming this saturday. It was a blast. I love these guys.

www.forevermidnight.net
By Bezulsqy
Spun out of control wrote:For you prog rock and horror score fiends... the Bixio Music Group has made a You Tube mix of what it terms Goblin's Best tracks:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WiXBuHX ... ture=share

[Ah, can't seem to embed YouTube videos any more - any one else having this issue?]
Remove the S from HTTPS at the beginning of the youtube link. And don't use the link with Share in it. Only this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zQejiArD608

By m-bryce
Cabinet of Curiosities: Modern Horror OST's by The Nomadic Subject.

https://www.mixcloud.com/christopherbal ... rror-osts/

From m/cloud page..
I compiled some of my favorite horror score cuts from the last decade or so. Whether or not the films are great is irrelevant. I hope you enjoy the mix.

Christopher Young - Ju-On VI (The Grudge)
Disasterpeace - Heels (It Follows)
David Julyan - The Bone Dam (The Descent)
Brian Reitzell - Soon There Will Be Just Five (30 Days of Night)
Johan Soderqvist - Eli and Oscar (Let the Right One In)
Cliff Martinez - Something's in My Room (The Neon Demon)
Joseph Bishara - As Close to Hell (The Conjuring 2)
Thomas Bangalter - Rectum (Irreversible)
Kenji Kawai - Small Human Figure (Dark Water)
Bear McCreary - Message from Megan (10 Cloverfield Lane)
Sinoia Caves - Forever Dilating Eye (Beyond the Black Rainbow)
Mark Korven - Caleb's Death (The VVitch)
Ben Salisbury & Geoff Barrow - Hacking / Cutting (Ex Machina)
Lars Von Trier & Kristian Eidnes (Anti Christ)
Ulas Pakkan - Baskin (Baskin)
Mica Levi - Lipstick to Void (Under the Skin)
By m-bryce
There is a tasty new RENEZVOUS mix available.

"On Saturday, 24 September 2016, Sonor Music Editions owners Lorenzo Fabrizi and Andrea Galtieri made their RENDEZVOUS debut! Direct from Italy, these fine gents brought with them and DJ'ed the most insane, jaw-dropping collection of Italian library records and soundtracks."

https://soundcloud.com/rendezvousla/sonor
By texasvinyl
About halfway in, great stuff so far, I am having fun getting stumped trying to guess the tracks.

Riflessi - Riflessività
Pop Paraphrenia - Big Clown
I Pyranas - Romeo
Maybe one from Grand Tour?
A couple on the tip of my tongue but I can think.
What is the jazz-funk flute track at 37 min?

*Edit- man they were digging deep! I didn't recognize most of the stuff! Would love if anyone can fill in the track list...solid set :)
By m-bryce
m-bryce wrote:^^ I have sent a track list request to RENDEZVOUS, I'll let you know if they can help ;)
OK, so Rendezvous suggested I contact the Sonar guys direct. They told me that the track list would be too long and they can't provide one. In other words they can't be bothered :) At least they replied though.
I guess the non-archived thing must have been part of the deal.... I didn't see it widely advertised either.

In fact I only happened to see it flagged up as I follow the station on Twitter. The reason for that was because they occasionally have cool types on there...like the guys from Finders Keepers, Erased Tapes, Mica Levi etc... think Clint Mansell may have done a mix too, if my hazy memory serves.

One to follow on the old social media anyhow :)
By m-bryce
Christmas stressing you oot?
Chill with this tasty video game soundtrack ambient mix by Basco - https://soundcloud.com/basco/gamebient

1. Martin Stig Andersen – Menu (Limbo)
2. Akira Yamaoka – White Noiz (Silent Hill 2)
3. Floex – The Mezzanine (Machinarium)
4. Ben Prunty – Cosmos (Explore) (FTL: Faster Than Light)
5. Chris Zabriskie – CGI Snake (Her Story)
6. Ben Benjamin – Air Parsing (Hohokum)
7. Disasterpeace – Formations & Memory (Fez)
8. Dual Ryan – Va (The Beginner's Guide)
9. Chris Remo – Calm After The Storm (Firewatch)
10. Chris Remo – A Very Long Phase (Gone Home)
11. Disasterpeace – Wisdom's Tragedy (Hyper Light Drifter)
12. Michiru Oshima & Kōichi Yamazaki – Impression (Ico)
13. Austin Wintory – The Call & First Confluence (Journey)
14. Heathered Pearls – Raising Our Ashes (Hohokum)
15. C418 – Subwoofer Lullaby (Minecraft)
16. Jim Guthrie – The Cloud (Sword & Sworcery)
17. Dual Ryan – D.S. Al Coda (The Beginner's Guide)
By ScoJo
deafmetal wrote:Check out the Dr. Death podcast if you are up for an insane tale of nonfiction medical horror... just totally fucked.
That sounds traumatising :-/
By inksb
deafmetal wrote:Check out the Dr. Death podcast if you are up for an insane tale of nonfiction medical horror... just totally fucked.
Yeah, I really enjoyed that one. Don't bother with the two follow up episodes they were not worth listening to though, just fluff. I hate Wondery podcasts, the over produced bad reality TV aspect of them bothers me. It's a truly terrifying story and it blows my mind that he was allowed to do what he did.

I'll have to check out that Shudder podcast.