Talk about films scores here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By CrossedPete
@bez that 4th Man soundtrack is pretty good and I shouldn’t be too expensive to track down. I found one locally months ago and it was really affordable. I have to give it another spin soon.

I think there are a bunch of Sleeper VS titles out there that can be had for few bucks.
By Bezulsqy
I’m listening to episode 11 and you guys talking about Malignant. I feel so stupid because almost everything you guys are talking about and the movies you are referring to I’m in thinking: huh?
My mind sort of goes blank when I watch a movie I think. In hindsight I understand some of the references but I never thought about Fulci or Argento or Raimi. I loved the third act btw :-)
I should rewatch it but there are so many other movies I still need to see…
Highlander for instance. And Stendhal Syndrome. Fuck me.
And now onto the Varese part :-)
By CrossedPete
I started ep.11 on the T&G podcast but had to pause it due to I still haven’t watched Malignant and so far I’ve stayed spoiler free. I’m hoping to watch real soon. In the meantime I’ll check out this Halloween podcast thanks for sharing.
By Bezulsqy
Listened to episode 12 today and again loved listening to you guys chatting. And there is always food for thought.
I am glad that this year sees less new releases than in previous years. Because of it I was able to buy a lot more old releases that I want.
I can imagine that for some who have been collecting records for ages a lot of those older wants are already in their possession. Next year probably will be the same as this year. I am wondering if Waxwork is going to create a new subscription for 2022. For this year we only have received 1 of the 5 records.
And I am not paying for pre-orders anymore for records that might be delivered in 6 months or later... Unless it is something that I really really think I need. And to be honest I cannot think of a title.
And sure it is strange/ridiculous that the new Venom score is going to have 5000 discs pressed but looking at a lot of releases from big labels in the past 5 years one cannot be that surprised.
The same can be said about a lot of re-issues. Why repress 2001 a Space Odyssey?

I endorse TG's Twin Peaks score extravaganza fully but I cannot comprehend why he must have the best sounding version of the score but cannot be bothered with the best looking and sounding version of the TV show :-)
By ScoJo
Bezulsqy wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 9:55 am I hear some interesting news on the latest Forever Midnight podcast!
I want to jump on it!
That was a surprise to me too!

31BE1F9E-8C0A-45A2-A6E8-16A7FC269630.gif
31BE1F9E-8C0A-45A2-A6E8-16A7FC269630.gif (129.11 KiB) Viewed 1841 times
By inksb
ScoJo wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 11:33 am Nice mix Mike! Thanks, made great background for some Halloween based craft activity :) Think I identified about 80%
Thanks for checking it out. I'm glad people listened and enjoyed it. I'm very surprised almost 30 people listened to it.

Bezulsqy wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 9:55 am I hear some interesting news on the latest Forever Midnight podcast!
I want to jump on it!
I don't listen to their podcast, what was the interesting news?
By ScoJo
inksb wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 12:06 pm
ScoJo wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 11:33 am Nice mix Mike! Thanks, made great background for some Halloween based craft activity :) Think I identified about 80%
Thanks for checking it out. I'm glad people listened and enjoyed it. I'm very surprised almost 30 people listened to it.

I want to jump on it!
I don't listen to their podcast, what was the interesting news?
You’ll hear full details soon enough, my droog :)
By ScoJo
Haha…

TG needs a break from non-proper/work/family stuff for a while. We might get back at it in the new year.

The record in question is the reissue of Peau d’Ane, a fantastic 60s soundtrack by Legrand. It’s good, apart from on the vocal tracks there is really prominent sibillance/high end distortion which as we know is death to the ears :(

Apart from that I was also gonna rave about Stone Killer. But that’s old news now ;)
By frost
A good friend of mine and talented dj of electronic/techno music made this sweet ambient soundtrack mix. It's his first attempt at mixing only science fiction soundtrack scores, the tracklist is in the description:

https://soundcloud.com/orbiting/science-fiction-movie-soundtrack-ambient-vinyl-mix?utm_source=clipboard&utm_medium=text&utm_campaign=social_sharing

You can find his past mixes in his Youtube and Soundcloud channels, look for Jonas Orbiting / Orbital Strike Controller.
By texasvinyl
inksb wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 12:57 pm I made mix for the holiday. You guys might enjoy it, I included a few "vinyl elite" cuts on there :)

https://soundcloud.com/user-885116196/what-is-a-man

Nice mix I carved our pumpkin with my son to it in the background. What is the track that sounds like zoo folle but isn't (or maybe it is from the 2LP) but definitely has to be sorgini
By inksb
texasvinyl wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 12:31 am
inksb wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 12:57 pm I made mix for the holiday. You guys might enjoy it, I included a few "vinyl elite" cuts on there :)

https://soundcloud.com/user-885116196/what-is-a-man

Nice mix I carved our pumpkin with my son to it in the background. What is the track that sounds like zoo folle but isn't (or maybe it is from the 2LP) but definitely has to be sorgini
I have the tracklist saved somewhere, can't quite remember where though. It's probably from Occulto as I think there were one or two tracks I used from that on here.
By inksb
I have a little mix I wanted to share. I like to do mixes around this time of year and rarely have time. Work has been a little slow this week so I took some extra time on my lunch yesterday and today to whip this one up. It originally was going to be two tracks, track A was going to be scary themes from NES and track B was going to be scary themes from SNES. Ended up only having time to do the SNES version. There's a few pretty well known tracks on here as I had to include them but quite a bit of deep cuts as well. So I present to you...

16 SPOOKY BITS by King Boo's Butler

https://on.soundcloud.com/iUZCB

16 bits small.png
16 bits small.png (308.01 KiB) Viewed 291 times
Last edited by inksb on Tue Oct 31, 2023 5:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.