Talk about films scores here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By waxinmyhead
Time for another new topic? I'm big on jazz and love turning up unexpected jazz scores or just a jazzy cue or two on an otherwise non-jazz soundtrack. Please share your jazz related OSTs here.

Here's three to kick off with- two outright classics and a third, 'Faces', that was new to me, at least. http://jonny-white.tumblr.com/
By Occhionero
Three faves of mine: (two classics, one contemporary):

By waxinmyhead
Yes- love Smog. Obviously I only own the humble reissue which, to my ears at least, doesn't sound like the best pressing, sadly.
By waxinmyhead
George Gruntz "Mental Cruelty" (ost) Very cool jazz score recorded in 1960 and then released erroneously by Decca as the musicians hadn't been paid for a released product- just a film soundtrack. Decca had to destroy all unsold copies and it thus became a serious rarity. A very welcome reissue from 2011- great pressing, top sound quality.
By waxinmyhead
From the inimitable quill of John Barry, a smattering of jazzy moments plus the top tune "I'll Drink To That"
By waxinmyhead
Some jazz, some pop and some groovy stuff.
By blue15
<not vinyl, but...>You can really clean up on these jazz OST collections from Moochin' About right here.</not vinyl, but...>
By texasvinyl
This was recently reissued by Music on Vinyl for their At the Movies series.
By waxinmyhead

1964. Smokey, late night sounds and a killer, teasing sleeve.