Talk about films scores here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By StrangeVices
I was curious to know what other soundtracks you may listen to regularly that don't get mentioned here often. I absolutely love the score to the Grace Jones movie "Vamp". It's fun, dancey, kind of captures the sub-cultured night club vibe of the era and I love synth-pop. I can't be the only one who loves it this much.

By DISCOSUCKS...
SV -- you most certainly aren't! I've loved this film/soundtrack forever, you must be as saddened as me that the incredible strip number sung by grace isn't on the OST huh? I have a (home-remastered!) edit, using the bluray and other sources to get the complete song. Has "graced" many a compilation of mine in the past......heh heh.....
By StrangeVices
Yes! I'm so pumped someone here loves it as much as I do.

Wow, dude I'm jealous. I'd love to hear that:)
By ghostfires
The Labyrinth soundtrack has been a favorite of mine since childhood. I'm sure it gets made fun of a lot, but not at my house. Love it on vinyl. Especially....

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VppuD1St8Ec[/video]
By Whip Wilson
Oh, disco, To Live and Die in LA is fantastic. One of my all time favorites. Probably my best summertime night driving score. Cheers.
By StrangeVices
I'm going to throw this one up there for some more Bowie love!
By PaulZaza
i think it's been loved again since inglourious basterds used it more powerful than the original film does...
By StrangeVices
Yeah I'll agree with you on that one, I still love the rest of the score thought, especially Irena's theme.
By roydamnit
Sadly I haven't see a vinyl release for it yet but One Hour Photo has a really great soundtrack...

By waxinmyhead
And I have no idea why photobucket.com is stretching out my pics!
By waxinmyhead
Maybe this one will be better?
By waxinmyhead
Finally! I think it's just me. It's tricky dragging a vinyl dinosaur into the age of hi technology.
By 4000days
Pretty much everything Danny Elfman has ever touched is gold in my book. And the Beetlejuice soundtrack is my single favorite soundtrack of all time, and most likely the reason I got into the genre to begin with.
By unpopular_poet
I think Matt and Bubba Kadane's (of Bedhead and New Year) score to the documentary Hell House is quite awesome -- it clocks in at a brief 18 minutes or so, and only got a CD release, but it is sure good. Both the score and the movie are well worth checking out.

Here is the whole movie on youtube, but please keep in mind I don't support this garbage:

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BbhQsRJ6ARw[/video]
By deathwaltz
I'd say the Warriors gets more than enough love.
Full Circle aka The Haunting Of Julia is going to get some attention later this year ;)
Xtro is a bit of an unheard gem.
By renpen21
One I don't see get mentioned a lot but I love is The Fifth Element by Eric Serra , played this to death would love a vinyl release.
By repulsion
James Horner's PERFECT STORM and JUMANJI... Vinyl please!!!
By reelybored
@deathwaltz that is awesome news! I absolutely love the Full Circle (Haunting of Julia) soundtrack. Was actually looking for a good copy of one but will certainly wait for your release (hopefully it will be made available here in the states).
By DISCOSUCKS...
Wolfen.

Later John Carpenter - In The Mouth of Madness and Ghost of Mars both rock hard.

The Underneath - brilliant Martinez score that paved way for Solaris' genius..

Danger: Diabolik!! Morricone masterpiece!!!

;)

By reelybored
I second In The Mouth of Madness
By VBERKVLT
The "support music" to "Computer Chess" is pretty interesting. It definitely fits the movie since it's a bit minimal. I am not talking about the soundtrack though, they created a bunch of reference games for the movie's website, and I believe they also go with the special features on the disc. I don't own the film yet, but I purchased the music from the link below for $5!

http://monofonuspress.com/music-for-computer-chess

There is a lot of music in Andrew Bujalski’s movie Computer Chess, but most of that music is NOT what is here. Music for Computer Chess is the music that was made for the eight reference games that were produced to support the movie. The music was performed and recorded live to two track by Morgan Coy.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gHRkgNCSFOc[/video]
By Whip Wilson
Okay, VBERKVLT, this is phenomenal. Thank you.