Talk about films scores here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By shaqfu
Hi everyone!

Is there a custom cover thread already?
Let's start one, my fellow custom cover designers :)

It Follows
Original art by Richey Beckett
(Click for better quality)

Normal Version

Limited Bloody Pool Edition

Version 2
By hncreature
Those are really great shaqfu! I like the not so much edge to edge feel ala WW's Rosemary's Baby than say Mondo's Pet Sematary or WW's F13II while the bottom version has a nice throwback feel - Why the ring wear? I think the way you have them set up...very nice presentation by the way...with the vinyl and the shadows leads to not needing it - Would love to see more of what you have done...as well as what others will come up with...excellent post and I hope it continues! - Bloody pool...how awesome!
By shaqfu

I kinda liked the "used" effect, not that my records do look like this :D
By shaqfu
Here are some other custom covers

Cold In July

Kung Fury (Limited Translucent Baby Blue Edition) :D
By Spun out of control
Great work here.

Also liked the ring wear effect - adds 'authenticity'...

In fact much, much prefer these three mocked up It Follows covers to the 'Marmite' one Milan went for. Would buy that 'bloody pool' variant in a shot - but doubtless it would be limited to an impossible-to-buy 100 :)

Who was the original artist for the bottom Ver 2 It Follows?
By shaqfu
Hehehe, the bloody pool variant was just for fun.
Since there are a lot of variants in the soundtrack business, I thought I would a variant.

At first I didn't found the artist to the poster. I tought it was an official one, but now now I found her....Akiko Stehrenberger
By philball1974
Not sure I understand the thread. Is it just someone else's artwork made into a square? or am i missing something?
By shaqfu
Well kinda, just custom LP artworks.
By hncreature
I'm seeing some effort and talent in those "squares" Phil - Let's say he's the guy doing layout...just like someone would be doing at any of the labels...and honestly I'm liking shaqfu's covers more than some of what were getting from the labels - Keep on keepin' on shaqfu!
By DISCOSUCKS...
I gotta agree, @HNC - while I'm really stoked that It Follows got a release,the official sleeve isn't great when put up against current output of other labels...different strokes n all that,but it seems quite a few people think the same, and I'm down with playing the 'what if' game. I might contrib a couple at some point
By shaqfu
Just having fun ;)

Terminator: Genisys is based on the motion poster

Back to the Future Trilogy is based on the artwork of Phantom City Creative.
What if Mondo would release the complete score like this?

By shaqfu
Hahaha, great gif :D
By NathanLurker

Cool custom sleeves yeah ! There's a couple of ost I got that have pretty beat covers and I'd been thinking of doing custom cover art for them. I should get to it and post them.

[quote=66919](...)while I’m really stoked that It Follows got a release,the official sleeve isn’t great when put up against current output of other labels…different strokes n all that (...) [/quote]

I actually like the It Follows LP sleeve art more than the CD/Digital cover art. Different strokes yeah
By DISCOSUCKS...
@Nathan - It's a crazy world, fo sho. It's great how there is mostly no real consensus on what makes a great genre OST sleeve. Keeps things innerestin'!

Here's a few of my own "variations" for Cold in July - have posted them before, but just wanna throw summat in to contrib somehow, I'll def have a crack at some others soon. Hmm, may tackle IT FOLLOWS actually....

By shaqfu
The third one looks really nice.
Maybe a die-cut version would be cool.
By Hatter313
Really like that back to the future idea....l

Actually the more I look at it the more upset I am it's not real, very cool layout idea
By hncreature
Nice disco!

Lurker...please do!

Agree with Hatter...there in lies the rub...not being real
By NMA
My "Psycho":

By hncreature
NMA - Nice!

Hey Mondo-DW / One Way Static / WaxWork / Lunaris / and others...got some talent here...how about a contest for an upcoming release for the STBC artists???
By NMA
@shaqfu My favorite is BTTF trilogy so far ;) Awesome and delicious!
By NMA
@Spun, @HNC Thanks. Glad you liked it ;)
By DISCOSUCKS...
I'd buy this in a New York minute...

Hats off sir!