Talk about films scores here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By inksb
So jealous of that Demon's Crest, such a great score.

I saw a bunch of people post that Wind Waker set, looks really nice.
By inksb
@tex were you able to grab a copy of Super Mario RPG? That seems like one of the last "big" SNES games to the boot treatment, kind of surprised it took so long. I think the art design on it sucks though, it's so basic and bland.
By texasvinyl
yeah I did snag the rpg that one turned out pretty great. I don't know how they make these so nice. This one with a foiled clam shell box, spot varnish jackets and 8-page booklet. And the yellow envelope is sealed I think it is a flexi? Haven't opened it yet. I should finish this one some day. I played when it came out but was into the final fantasy and secret of mana games more.
Attachments
PXL_20220925_031946921~2.jpg
PXL_20220925_031946921~2.jpg (1.92 MiB) Viewed 1785 times
By texasvinyl
Genesis Castlevania jams! There are a couple different covers I went for the Japanese one with the art for the vampire killer Japanese version and a red disc.
Attachments
PXL_20221003_194347802~2.jpg
PXL_20221003_194347802~2.jpg (1.25 MiB) Viewed 1740 times
By inksb
That seems like an odd one to boot as Mondo has done Castlevania 1-4, SOTN & Rondo of Blood/Dracula X. Wonder why some one did that unless Mondo stated they were not doing Bloodlines. Either way, killer cover and jealous as always. That's a bad obi though.
By texasvinyl
True but it's been almost five years I think since mondo did one. And bloodlines seems to get konami's cold shoulder. Maybe they did not see a demand for a niche game. Totally agree that Obi could definitely be better and the jacket is lower quality than some, pressing is solid.
By inksb
texasvinyl wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 8:34 pm True but it's been almost five years I think since mondo did one. And bloodlines seems to get konami's cold shoulder. Maybe they did not see a demand for a niche game. Totally agree that Obi could definitely be better and the jacket is lower quality than some, pressing is solid.
Sure but one thing that's consistent with Mondo and Konami games, they come out at a fucking snails pace years after they were announced. 3 years between Silent Hill 1 and 3 I think? MGS1 came out and they said MGS2 & 3 were coming soon, it's been over 2 years since that. It would be odd if Mondo didn't do it but maybe Konami doesn't want it done. The whole licensed video game thing is a giant shit storm. Why can Data Discs do Sonic CD, Sonic Spinball and Sonic Mania but haven't released 1-3 yet?!?!? They can't blame bootlegs for that as there's no good boots of 1 or 2 and there's no way it wouldn't sell out, the boot of 3 was limited to 500 copies I believe, there's way more than 500 people that want an official pressing.
By Revolver_OcelScott
I kinda gave up on MGS2/3. I really want them, but Mondo's releases have been stagnant for me for some time. Just checked and my last orders from them were last October for Dune and Halloween 3 Season of the Witch Tiki Mugs, and before that was June.

I used to have a record a month coming from them, now they've slowed big time, and I'm wondering if the partnership with Funko is to blame for less and less output coming, as I'm sure that was in the works for some time.
By inksb
I think Mondo in general just releases stuff that's too broad for me (us?). I'm not interested in any of the Marvel movie scores, Pixar scores or even Disney stuff in general, which seems to be a major focus lately. There's been some Netflix movies and other "smaller" stuff. I assume their actual slow down is attributed to production delays, they can't do 6 month pre-orders for everything, it's not sustainable especially for a company that thrives on limited pressings & FOMO. You give people 6 months to decide whether they need the new Thor soundtrack they tend to second guess that impulse to buy immediately. That's just my perspective on it.

As for MGS2 & 3, I think we'll get it at some point. Just like we'll get represses of SH1-4 at some point.
By texasvinyl
This soundtrack is awesome, I recommend it for anyone. It doesn't sound like video game music at all. I don't know how to describe it-- folk island tunes? It sounds like taking a beach vacation feels. Someone did a boot of it, then a legit Japanese release popped up.
Attachments
PXL_20221006_155613097~2.jpg
PXL_20221006_155613097~2.jpg (1.58 MiB) Viewed 1692 times
By inksb
texasvinyl wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 4:01 pm This soundtrack is awesome, I recommend it for anyone. It doesn't sound like video game music at all. I don't know how to describe it-- folk island tunes? It sounds like taking a beach vacation feels. Someone did a boot of it, then a legit Japanese release popped up.
Completely agree on this, what's even weirder is that it's a N64 game. I had never heard of it before but the score is top notch.
By reddye6
Hildur Gudnadottir and Sam Slater - Battlefield 2042 2-LPs
Attachments
06214E53-F6C0-4EAA-B6C7-30BA5E772389.jpeg
06214E53-F6C0-4EAA-B6C7-30BA5E772389.jpeg (1.74 MiB) Viewed 1614 times
By Revolver_OcelScott
Got my 15LP Persona Set today. What a behemoth. Close in size to the Godzilla Set. Thankfully arrived in great shape. Already had the deluxe Persona 5, so I sold that on discogs for 130. So the set ended up only costing me 330. Still a large chunk, but it looks to be a great set.
By inksb
Revolver_OcelScott wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 12:55 pm Got my 15LP Persona Set today. What a behemoth. Close in size to the Godzilla Set. Thankfully arrived in great shape. Already had the deluxe Persona 5, so I sold that on discogs for 130. So the set ended up only costing me 330. Still a large chunk, but it looks to be a great set.
The pics of that set look quite nice. I'm not a huge fan of the artwork they went with on most of the jackets but that's just a personal preference.

When you say you sold the deluxe Persona 5 set do you mean the 6 LP set??? Because some one got a fucking steal for that if it was only $130 but I'm assuming you mean the 4LP set. Especially since the new big box set doesn't include the 2 LP's from the deluxe P5 which are exclusive to that.

I may pick up that SMT3 boxset from Fangamer at some point. Did you grab that?
By Revolver_OcelScott
inksb wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 1:27 pm
Revolver_OcelScott wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 12:55 pm Got my 15LP Persona Set today. What a behemoth. Close in size to the Godzilla Set. Thankfully arrived in great shape. Already had the deluxe Persona 5, so I sold that on discogs for 130. So the set ended up only costing me 330. Still a large chunk, but it looks to be a great set.
The pics of that set look quite nice. I'm not a huge fan of the artwork they went with on most of the jackets but that's just a personal preference.

When you say you sold the deluxe Persona 5 set do you mean the 6 LP set??? Because some one got a fucking steal for that if it was only $130 but I'm assuming you mean the 4LP set. Especially since the new big box set doesn't include the 2 LP's from the deluxe P5 which are exclusive to that.

Sorry, I meant that I sold the Regular P5 that was in the box set, kept my Deluxe. Never selling that bad boy.

I did grab the SMT set top, haven't gotten to listen to it yet, but a very nice looking set.
By inksb
Revolver_OcelScott wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 1:44 pm
inksb wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 1:27 pm

Sorry, I meant that I sold the Regular P5 that was in the box set, kept my Deluxe. Never selling that bad boy.

I did grab the SMT set top, haven't gotten to listen to it yet, but a very nice looking set.
That makes more sense haha.

You gonna grab that Portal 2 set today from Mondo? People have been clamoring for that for so long.
By reddye6
My daughter really wants the Portal 2 soundtrack, so I'll be getting it today for a Christmas present.
By texasvinyl
Hard rockin SNES jams. Actually a really solid vgm soundtrack
Attachments
PXL_20221202_015044956~2.jpg
PXL_20221202_015044956~2.jpg (735.93 KiB) Viewed 1466 times
By inksb
Terrible cover, awesome soundtrack. People are looking for that one hard, I'm seen more trade offers flying around for that than almost anything lately minus SMRPG, WW & MM.
By texasvinyl
I doubt very many of these pop up. But, I wouldn't be surprised if someone else does a power ranger release. The mmpr the movie the game side B is killer!
By inksb
I like the lighting @tex and per usual great spin! I was going to be spinning Breath of Fire 2 today but STS sent me part 1 so now I have to play the return game and not get my correct record until they receive the incorrect one they sent me.
By texasvinyl
Ah man that's a pain they make you send it back first.

Haven't spun psycho dream for a while. I like the jacket art for it.
Attachments
PXL_20221209_183512579.jpg
PXL_20221209_183512579.jpg (1.24 MiB) Viewed 1398 times