Talk about films scores here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By inksb
I see the embargo was lifted on that one today. I saw about 6 posts pop up with in 30 minutes of each other on IG. I feel like pressing up a Disney property is much riskier than the usual boot fair.
By texasvinyl
Yes they've got some mean ole lawyers that's for sure.

Fun Disney fact, they are the #1 donor to the Florida state senator and head of the state republican party whose official office just happens to be the same as an archived mailing address for "cyber ninjas"

So my Disney+ subscription in a way is paying for the Arizona fraudit. Yay! I'm wikibear!!!
By inksb
Cold Shadow has a fantastic soundtrack! Some one did a cassette a year or two ago.

I assume both of you got Ocarina vol 2? I just saw some one post that today. Another beautiful set.
By texasvinyl
It was made for exactly the opposite reason!

Honestly I am shocked any copies have traded hands. The last one auctioned for $2250 (!!). I think the only people who sold are people who really needed the $$ or just couldn't say no to that much money. But otherwise there's no incentive to sell this one.

I don't think the creator made any money from this. The cost to make everything in this thing is insane, and there was also a test press edition I've never seen but understand is supposed to be extremely elaborate. I don't think there are more than 250 boxes in total, and the more time passes the bigger % of those 250 are in permanent collections.

I am not surprised someone will pay a lot for this. But I'm still absolutely speechless that nearly 1000 people bought a Dee Gees EP for $100-200+ that was part of a 12,000 unit pressing run!!! That shit is bananas.
By inksb
For $2200 you could get your own pressing done lol. That's crazy. I find it interesting that there's only one copy in the ebay's history of sold copies but I've seen it up for sale with bids a few times. Maybe those auctions never finished.

I'm honestly surprised to not see a ton of Ocarina vol 1 copies up for sale with the different variants that 2D Ninja usually does. Also that poor Zelda 2 pressing that literally no one wants. It's consistently put up for $55 and a steady stream of listings since release.
By Revolver_OcelScott
texasvinyl wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 6:01 pm It was made for exactly the opposite reason!

Honestly I am shocked any copies have traded hands. The last one auctioned for $2250 (!!). I think the only people who sold are people who really needed the $$ or just couldn't say no to that much money. But otherwise there's no incentive to sell this one.
I have to resist selling a few of my VGM OSTs, Okami, Hotline Miami 1 & 2, Gris....

I see those numbers and I'm just in shock.
By inksb
Revolver_OcelScott wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 7:25 pm
texasvinyl wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 6:01 pm It was made for exactly the opposite reason!

I have to resist selling a few of my VGM OSTs, Okami, Hotline Miami 1 & 2, Gris....

I see those numbers and I'm just in shock.
That Okami boxset has some crazy prices on it, $850 is current asking price on discogs. Even more baffling the black edition has never been sold on discogs. How is that even possible? The most "basic" edition has zero sales.
By texasvinyl
Yeah man I sold okami for cost! Whoops. That one is crazy now. But I didn't have any nostalgia attachment to that game, and it made someone happy.

I do wonder what the CT box cost to make. It has a proper textured clamshell box stamp numbered with a ribbon pull, embossing and foil- and color printing inside of the box- plus the four LPs on clear vinyl with full color labels, pro cutting and mastering, four full color sleeves with soft touch finish and foil effects, inserts, two different slipmats including one with UV inks, outer bag with reflective decal. I think a very substantial amount of time and work went into sourcing and sequencing, all the layout and design, etc and it took a couple of years to get done. And wildest part is I have one, and I don't have even a hunch who made this.
By inksb
texasvinyl wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 7:48 pm Yeah man I sold okami for cost! Whoops. That one is crazy now. But I didn't have any nostalgia attachment to that game, and it made someone happy.

I do wonder what the CT box cost to make. It has a proper textured clamshell box stamp numbered with a ribbon pull, embossing and foil- and color printing inside of the box- plus the four LPs on clear vinyl with full color labels, proper cutting and mastering, four full color sleeves with soft touch finish and foil effects, inserts, two different slipmats including one with UV inks, outer bag with reflective decal. I think a very substantial amount of time and work went into sourcing and sequencing, all the layout and design, etc and it took a couple of years to get done. And wildest part is I have one, and I don't have even a hunch who made this.
Yeah, my wife ordered Okami for me when I was complaining about the cost and how I couldn't afford it when they announced it. It was quite the Xmas present. I have no attachment to the game either, never played it but I really enjoy the music so it's staying in the collection unless there's a financial emergency in the future.

I assume a large portion of the cost of that CT set went towards the packaging, wasn't it $250? It's only 4 LPs so that's quite high for 4lp boxset in normal pricing standards, usually a 4lp would run $80-$160 depending on the company and type of boxset they went for which is usually pretty standard. As for who is responsible I always assumed a certain Frank was involved in the production even if he didn't do the sales as he has his hands in many of these releases, I know he's sourced a lot of the audio for these boots.
By texasvinyl
this was sort of out of the blue, a nice surprise. It's the Mario freaks orchestra arranged versions. The original bgm is also on here as a medley.

I played very few game boy games, but this was one of them.
Attachments
PXL_20210729_155612764~2.jpg
PXL_20210729_155612764~2.jpg (1.62 MiB) Viewed 2129 times
By inksb
Did they ever make a box for all of the FFIX LPs? Definitely one of the boots I wish I had access to, they would have been instant buys. FFIX has such a fantastic soundtrack