Talk about films scores here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By inksb
Nice to see that some have been sorted and actually arriving in the US. The only people I've seen get them are the ones that paid extra to have better shipping. Mine shipped out the day he said that shipping was finished. It's been sitting in "preparing shipment status" since 6/9 but I saw Kawadeka post saying that it will keep saying that until the USPS accepts it into it's system (which may take weeks). This is my first record from Red Alert, glad to know it sounds pretty good.
By texasvinyl
Yes mine was the same, then it picked up a scan yesterday saying Elk Grove IL. Today it's on my doorstep so must have really been in Texas for at least two days.
By inksb
Mega Man X Collection - 8LP set - $145

Looks like complete soundtracks for 1-6 and selections from 7&8 on the final LP. That's the best case scenario this could have been. I am going to be waiting to see if LITA gets copies, direct from Laced it's $145 + $38 shipping. Just too much for me right now. I may not even be able to afford the set when LITA puts it up.

https://www.lacedrecords.com/products/m ... soundtrack

By Revolver_OcelScott
inksb wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 1:35 pm Mega Man X Collection - 8LP set - $145

Looks like complete soundtracks for 1-6 and selections from 7&8 on the final LP. That's the best case scenario this could have been. I am going to be waiting to see if LITA gets copies, direct from Laced it's $145 + $38 shipping. Just too much for me right now. I may not even be able to afford the set when LITA puts it up.

My thoughts exactly. They did say LITA was going to get the black version. I've spent so much money in the past 2 months that 40 dollar shipping just isn't happening.
By inksb
Revolver_OcelScott wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 11:15 am
inksb wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 1:35 pm Mega Man X Collection - 8LP set - $145

My thoughts exactly. They did say LITA was going to get the black version. I've spent so much money in the past 2 months that 40 dollar shipping just isn't happening.
Black version is on LITA right now. $145 but I haven't checked shipping yet. I'm tapped out this week so I'll have to wait to pick it up in a week or two.
By Revolver_OcelScott
inksb wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 11:58 am
Black version is on LITA right now. $145 but I haven't checked shipping yet. I'm tapped out this week so I'll have to wait to pick it up in a week or two.
I'm hoping it sits on there for a bit. I'm tapped out for a bit myself

*Edit* Just sold a record for 140 on discogs, so I bit the bullet hahaha.
By texasvinyl
Metroid Prime! About 1/4 way into the game on my GameCube at the moment. I consider this one of the very best all-time video game scores.
Attachments
IMG_20200629_191719~2.jpg
IMG_20200629_191719~2.jpg (1.2 MiB) Viewed 4772 times
By inksb
texasvinyl wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 12:19 am Metroid Prime! About 1/4 way into the game on my GameCube at the moment. I consider this one of the very best all-time video game scores.
That looks pretty sweet. I've never played any of the Prime games, even though I love Metroid I've never been a big fan of first person perspective games so I avoided it. I know it's great everyone loves it that has played it.

Did you buy a copy of Water World SNES? I just saw some one post it over on IG and had to laugh that some one actually pressed that soundtrack. It's actually a pretty good soundtrack just not one I would expect some one to release.
By texasvinyl
The Water World music is way better than it has any right to be!

The first person view of Prime is a little weird. The game is excellent. I beat it when it originally came out. Then never wound up playing the other two Prime games, but I heard they were good. I think I even have one of them for the Wii somewhere. Definitely worth a playthrough, it's a lot of fun.
By inksb
texasvinyl wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:02 pm The Water World music is way better than it has any right to be!

The first person view of Prime is a little weird. The game is excellent. I beat it when it originally came out. Then never wound up playing the other two Prime games, but I heard they were good. I think I even have one of them for the Wii somewhere. Definitely worth a playthrough, it's a lot of fun.
Did you get a copy of Illusion of Gaia? I just saw some one post it. Looks like it's Paladin records, the same folks who did Bomberman 64 and Super Punch-Out!!

That's definitely one I wish I could have gotten. I love Illusion of Gaia. I wonder if they'll do Terranigma at some point.
By inksb
texasvinyl wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 6:35 pm Last call on a Metroid Prime, it is 50+ ship. I have 2.
This is a good price for anyone considering it. I'm pretty sure it was $55 shipped direct from the label.

I have no attachment to the game and I've been trying to not buy soundtracks to games I'm unfamiliar with (which is why I passed originally when it went up for sale).
By inksb
texasvinyl wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 12:51 pm major popcorn thread going on the vgm facebook page
What do you mean by that?

Were you one of the lucky 250 people to order the 4LP Chrono Trigger OST? These boot groups crack me up, they had an embargo on that release.
By texasvinyl
It is negative chaos, I think whoever did it should have considered a no social media/no sharing rule given the title. No one going to give a shit about waterworld or something but you just can't post pics of Chrono trigger to a vgm collector group with 4000 members and think it will go well or people aren't going to feel shitty
By Dollarhyde
This is what I don't get about the bootleg community, in particular the very active VGM bootlegs. What is the point in paying above the cost of production for any of these? with a little ingenuity and possibly a little comradery you could make yourself, or selves, your own even more limited even better boot lathe cut. Boot the boot ;) Surely bootlegging any VGM has to be one of the easiest things to bootleg. I guess some of the more current gen OSTs are quite sonically complex compared to 8/16bit and so may be a little more tricky to master, but still.
By inksb
texasvinyl wrote:It is negative chaos, I think whoever did it should have considered a no social media/no sharing rule given the title. No one going to give a shit about waterworld or something but you just can't post pics of Chrono trigger to a vgm collector group with 4000 members and think it will go well or people aren't going to feel shitty
Gotcha. I didn't realize that group was so big, I bet there are a bunch of really upset people.

Did you end up with one?

Dollarhyde wrote:This is what I don't get about the bootleg community, in particular the very active VGM bootlegs. What is the point in paying above the cost of production for any of these? with a little ingenuity and possibly a little comradery you could make yourself, or selves, your own even more limited even better boot lathe cut. Boot the boot ;) Surely bootlegging any VGM has to be one of the easiest things to bootleg. I guess some of the more current gen OSTs are quite sonically complex compared to 8/16bit and so may be a little more tricky to master, but still.
Most of the nice boots are really nice and actually pressed, not lathes. A lot of time and care go into the design of some of them. Chrono Trigger in particular is incredibly impressive looking. Not sure if you've seen the set yet but check it out here https://www.instagram.com/p/CCuqHnrn6lb/
By texasvinyl
Dollarhyde wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 2:22 pm This is what I don't get about the bootleg community, in particular the very active VGM bootlegs. What is the point in paying above the cost of production for any of these? with a little ingenuity and possibly a little comradery you could make yourself, or selves, your own even more limited even better boot lathe cut. Boot the boot ;) Surely bootlegging any VGM has to be one of the easiest things to bootleg. I guess some of the more current gen OSTs are quite sonically complex compared to 8/16bit and so may be a little more tricky to master, but still.
The sourcing depends on the system but as I understand it can be pretty complex. It can be a mixture of using the original hardware, emulating audio components and even recording audio out and using combinations of each to achieve the best result. Track listing and sequencing is also complex especially these big RPGs which have a lot of different themes and content to parse. I would bet this box is the product of countless hours of work over a lengthy period of time. Some hardware like N64 is supposed to be difficult to deal with.
By Dollarhyde
@inks I have to admit I've not owned any so not seen them up close, maybe I would have a different opinion if so, paying a lot for a release is something, and I can understand if it is really well done, but paying crazy flipper prices is another level, but that is my opinion. For me there is a difference if it is an official release, especially if it is from the time of the original movie/game or anime.
By inksb
Dollarhyde wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 3:29 pm @inks I have to admit I've not owned any so not seen them up close, maybe I would have a different opinion if so, paying a lot for a release is something, and I can understand if it is really well done, but paying crazy flipper prices is another level, but that is my opinion. For me there is a difference if it is an official release, especially if it is from the time of the original movie/game or anime.
Yeah I don't pay flipper prices either. That's insanity. I bought the Super Mario 64 release from the label that released it and it was $62 including shipping from Greece which isn't terrible for a small pressing double LP, I think it was €35 before shipping. I'm paying over $65 for a single LPs lately from certain companies in Europe with shipping.
By inksb
Dollarhyde wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 3:48 pm Maybe this illustrates my opinion better.

Recent sales on yahoo Japan of vgm vinyl. It surprises me that new releases and boots sell for way more than many rare og vinyl from the 80's. Again of course I guess personal taste plays a key factor.

https://auctions.yahoo.co.jp/closedsear ... 0&select=2
A lot of that OG vinyl from 80s is pretty limited, are not complete for some stuff and just isn't super sought after. Donkey Kong Country 2 will always be more popular than almost any NES game that's not called Mario or Zelda. Also those DKC2 sales are crazy, it sells pretty often in the states for $80-$150, not $300 like on yahoo auctions.

Also nostalgia plays a major role in these boots. We want soundtracks to the games we played over and over and over as kids. So when I see stuff like Mario Sunshine or Jet Set Radio, I skip releases like those as they don't really have any nostalgia for me. Super Mario World? Sign me right up. If I had the opportunity to buy something like Illusion of Gaia, FF6 or Chrono Trigger at it's original sale price, I'd buy it.