Talk about films scores here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By inksb
NathanLurker wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 7:06 pm Artwork is okay. Its the chiral Crystal hand flowers. Makes sense. I'll get that and the following release with the songs. I'm not far in the game, I'm in central knot city. I hate going to deliver to the elder, that dude is so isolated I can't bring my vehicles. I stole a truck from the Mules, that was fun. Smooth sailing once the highways are rebuilt and you can drive above the mule camp.
Oh man, I loved the game. I'll be curious to hear your thoughts once you finish it. I put a lot of hours into that game and I didn't expect to. And yeah the Elder sucks to deliver to but he's pretty easy to max out early on and then you never have to go there again.
By Revolver_OcelScott
Got Death Stranding. I had to resist the urge to get the splatter since I always have the B&W Splatter of the previous Mondo Death Stranding Single they released a few years ago. Went for the black because all I can think of is their God of War/The Fountain splatters that are horrendous.
By inksb
Revolver_OcelScott wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 6:22 pm Got Death Stranding. I had to resist the urge to get the splatter since I always have the B&W Splatter of the previous Mondo Death Stranding Single they released a few years ago. Went for the black because all I can think of is their God of War/The Fountain splatters that are horrendous.
I'm hoping that it sticks around for a few weeks. I'm broke and can't order it right now but honestly 3LPs for $45 is very reasonable.
By Revolver_OcelScott
inksb wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 7:30 pm
Revolver_OcelScott wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 6:22 pm Got Death Stranding. I had to resist the urge to get the splatter since I always have the B&W Splatter of the previous Mondo Death Stranding Single they released a few years ago. Went for the black because all I can think of is their God of War/The Fountain splatters that are horrendous.
I'm hoping that it sticks around for a few weeks. I'm broke and can't order it right now but honestly 3LPs for $45 is very reasonable.
I guess it's open pre-order, so I'm sure you'll be ok.
By inksb
Revolver_OcelScott wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 12:02 am
inksb wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 7:30 pm
I guess it's open pre-order, so I'm sure you'll be ok.
Awesome. That's good to know and I'm really happy they have black available :)
By inksb
Laced Records has announced RESIDENT EVIL 3

I'm pretty excited about this one, I've always enjoy the soundtrack to 3.

re3.jpg
re3.jpg (87.99 KiB) Viewed 5118 times
46 Tracks from original 1999 Playstation soundtrack
X2 180g purple coloured vinyl packaged in a deluxe gatefold sleeve

It’s time to meet your Nemesis. Laced Records and CAPCOM once again partner to bring fans Resident Evil™ soundtracks on audiophile-quality vinyl. Pre-orders are now open for the Resident Evil™ 3: Nemesis (aka Biohazard 3: Last Escape) double LP, featuring remastered audio from the original 1999 PlayStation game, and brand new vinyl sleeve artwork by Boris Moncel.

Resident Evil™ 3: Nemesis saw the series move in a more action-oriented direction, whilst retaining the fixed camera angles of the previous titles. It also introduced the world to Nemesis: a merciless walking bio-weapon who fixated on destroying Jill Valentine and any remaining S.T.A.R.S. members in Raccoon City. Composers Masami Ueda, Saori Maeda, and Shusaku Uchiyama chose a moody cinematic action sound for the score, whilst retaining the series’ woozy, synth-horror stylings.

The soundtrack has been remastered specifically for these releases, and will be pressed onto audiophile-quality, 180g heavyweight vinyl LPs housed in a striking gatefold sleeve. It is available as a Standard Edition (traditional black discs) and Limited Edition (purple discs — exclusive to the Laced Records store.)

Track List
Disc 1

Side A
The Last Escape
Option Screen
Title Calling
The Opening
The Beginning Of Nightmare
The Great Novelist
Free From Fear
Meeting Brad
Cold Sweat
The City Of Ruin
Imminent Slaughter
Nemesis' Theme
Feel The Tense...
The Front Hall

Side B
The First Floor
Well Dressed Up
Carlos' Theme
Nicholai's Theme
Coldhearted Soldier
Complete Rest
An Impending Danger
The Clock Tower
Don't Lose Courage
Mysterious Orgel – Correct
Mysterious Orgel - Wrong

Disc 2

Side C
Unstoppable Nemesis
Bring Back Her Consciousness
Traitor
The Grave Digger
Defiant Behavior
Nemesis Doesn't Give Up
Missile Approaching
Against The Chopper
Emergency Level D

Side D
Nemesis Final Metamorphosis
The Last Decision
Euthanasia Of Raccoon City
Unfortunate Event
Staffs & Credits
Ever After
Title Calling - Arranged Ver.
Choose The Best One
The Doomed City
Hellish Agony
Reward And Result
CM-2 - Long Ver.
By Revolver_OcelScott
Ori and the Blind Forest Repress and Ori and the Will of the Wisps are both up for preorder on iam8bit.

39.99, 180gm Black Vinyl, Single Sleeve. Shipping Q3.

I really don't get iam8bit and their releases. Some releases randomly have gatefold, others dont.
By inksb
Revolver_OcelScott wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 1:19 pm Ori and the Blind Forest Repress and Ori and the Will of the Wisps are both up for preorder on iam8bit.

39.99, 180gm Black Vinyl, Single Sleeve. Shipping Q3.

I really don't get iam8bit and their releases. Some releases randomly have gatefold, others dont.
Also $40 for their releases is laughable to me. It's so hit or miss with them and their quality, their jackets are generally flimsy, the pressing may sound like shit. But for Ori, that's a good price compared to what it has been selling for on discogs and ebay over the last year.
By inksb
Jimmy_Mike wrote: Sat Mar 14, 2020 9:02 pm DATA is repressing Out Run. Someone get the word to Mateo on Twitter.
Yeah I ordered one. Not ideal time but fuck it I already over spent this week what's another $35?
By inksb
And Out Run has sold out again. I feel like they severely under pressed this new edition. Glad I ordered it, it gives me the complete run of number Data Discs releases.
By texasvinyl
Holy shit this is cool! I was really grumbling about the price when I ordered it. But this is a VERY well done release, properly mastered double LP picture discs in a full color numbered gatefold jacket with UV spot varnish finish and all housed in an embossed velvet slipcover with 12" printed insert and lobby card.

I am like a kid again. My favorite video game of all time, and the music is terrific.

I also bought a red/blue copy which is not picture disc and doesn't have the velvet jacket.

These are still on sale. Diablo 1 also lasted a while before it sold out, but now that they're gone it sells for quite a bit.

I'm surprised these didn't sell out quickly. Once they're gone people surely will regret not getting this if they played the game.
Attachments
IMG_20200325_151623~2.jpg
IMG_20200325_151623~2.jpg (1.45 MiB) Viewed 4945 times
By inksb
Yeah the price on that one kept me away. Like we've discussed in the past, Diablo was one of those series that I just never played so it's a complete miss on my mark. Music is great though. I saw some photos on IG of the full set you got there and damn is it impressive looking. They did a great job with it.
By deafmetal
I should have bought a copy of Out Run, but I have been trying to avoid buying video game OST's. Now I see one of my all-time favorite NES games up for a ridiculously overpriced preorder, and suddenly all my willpower drains away:

We used to slog quarters on this cab at the corner store, and when it was released on NES it ruled our free time. Nothing like some cold war era d-pad mashing, and this game was hard af to beat on NES. It was up there with Megaman 1 and Ghosts & Goblins on the impossible level of completion. The NES APU synthesis is probably ingrained into my synapses already, so who knows what listening to this will do to me.
By inksb
Thats awesome @deaf, I definitely played this at a friends house or maybe a cousin. It was so hard. I never played it much but definitely remember that cover.

There was a repress of Hotline Miami 3LP today but I guess it sold out in an hour or so. A great soundtrack but not something I ever felt like I had to own on vinyl.
By texasvinyl
Oh man, I never played it but just fired up the emulator. Fuck this game! Those red dudes jump and kick your face. I can't hang haha
By jgibbs4053
Super Mario World released by Select/ Start Records
Attachments
099988FE-0F24-4D88-A3C7-8C64077FEA11.jpeg
099988FE-0F24-4D88-A3C7-8C64077FEA11.jpeg (2.57 MiB) Viewed 4855 times
By texasvinyl
This one is so cool. Pic disc graphics are a little dark but the sound is really good. Jacket with spot varnish. The Lord of Destruction music is phenomenal.
Attachments
IMG_20200409_120632~2.jpg
IMG_20200409_120632~2.jpg (1.58 MiB) Viewed 4792 times
By inksb
@tex, is that an expansion to Diablo II?

Laced Records announced Resident Evil 4 yesterday. I'm not too impressed with the image they chose for the cover but I'll still buy the set once it hits stateside with it's retail version. I saw on reddit yesterday that some one went through the tracklist and it's only missing one 0:54 cue from the "complete" CD tracklist.
Laced Records and Capcom team up once again to bring fans Resident Evil™ soundtracks on audiophile-quality vinyl. Pre-orders are now open for the Resident Evil™ 4 soundtrack on four LPs, featuring remastered audio from the 2005 Nintendo GameCube™ title, and brand new vinyl sleeve artwork by Boris Moncel.
re4.jpg
re4.jpg (44.99 KiB) Viewed 4762 times

They also announced a week or two ago Tekken & Tekken 2. I guess they stated on Twitter they will be doing all of the Tekken series on vinyl. I'm excited for Tekken 3.
tekken1.jpg
tekken1.jpg (61.81 KiB) Viewed 4762 times
tekken2.jpg
tekken2.jpg (61.4 KiB) Viewed 4762 times