Talk about films scores here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By inksb
Such a great soundtrack. I didn't find out about the vinyl release until after it sold out. Hoping some one reissues it eventually. The going price on that set is crazy.
By inksb
Is that the OST to the first Y's game or is it a collection of tracks for the first few games?

Also I think you posted that SMT ost as well in the anime soundtrack thread, I added that to my discogs list as well.
By Dollarhyde
Love this record, thanks for the heads up on this one @inksb. Chill Sunday vibes.

The Ys LP is just for the first game but, not sure off the top of my head, but I think it contains music from different console versions, also has a few arranged synth covers too!

That SMT LP is great. It is the OST to the anime but is the type of late 80's anime OST that really sound like crossover VGM.
By inksb
texasvinyl wrote: Sun May 03, 2020 11:25 pm

Note for note, the best ever

The YouTube will have to suffice
Yeah it really is an incredible soundtrack. I thought you picked up the triple LP set, did you sell it off or am I remembering incorrectly?
By Revolver_OcelScott
I wish Square would wake up and start selling the OSTs. They seem to be completely oblivious to the demand and when they do release, they do mostly terrible jobs.

The mediocre, but fairly priced, Distant World's album's
The abysmal FF7 Remake Picture Disc.

Just give us each game, single sleeve, black records and I will pay!
By inksb
Revolver_OcelScott wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 1:34 pm I wish Square would wake up and start selling the OSTs. They seem to be completely oblivious to the demand and when they do release, they do mostly terrible jobs.

Square love picture discs. FF7 OST....picture disc. FF8 OST.....picture disc. FF7R+7 OST......picture disc. I guess the packaging on the new FF7R release is stellar but that still doesn't help that it's an $80 double LP picture disc set.

The only thing they have done right that I've seen is the Xenogears release. That one is on black and sound wonderful.
By Revolver_OcelScott
inksb wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 1:54 pm
Revolver_OcelScott wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 1:34 pm I wish Square would wake up and start selling the OSTs. They seem to be completely oblivious to the demand and when they do release, they do mostly terrible jobs.

Square love picture discs. FF7 OST....picture disc. FF8 OST.....picture disc. FF7R+7 OST......picture disc. I guess the packaging on the new FF7R release is stellar but that still doesn't help that it's an $80 double LP picture disc set.

The only thing they have done right that I've seen is the Xenogears release. That one is on black and sound wonderful.
The Nier boxset was great too, fairly priced, black vinyl, nice packaging.
By inksb
Revolver_OcelScott wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 2:18 pm The Nier boxset was great too, fairly priced, black vinyl, nice packaging.
I always forget that they released Nier. I still don't have that boxset. They recently did a small repress and it sold out very fast and I didn't have the spare $80 for it anyways. I feel like they may repress that one a bunch though as people are constantly asking for it. The music in the game is wonderful.

I'm actually pretty excited for the full soundtrack for FF7R to release. There is so much great stuff on there. I don't think they will ever do a full vinyl release it would be 6-8 LPs probably. I think the CD release is 4 or 5 discs. I'll be happy with digital
By inksb
Square has put up a pre-order for a repress of the FFVII picture disc from a few years ago. It's a little pricey at $55 but considering these have been selling for around $300 lately that's a pretty good deal. I don't have the extra cash right now but hoping in the next few weeks the pre-order is still open and I can order one.

https://store.na.square-enix-games.com/ ... -vii-vinyl
By Revolver_OcelScott
inksb wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 5:47 pm Square has put up a pre-order for a repress of the FFVII picture disc from a few years ago. It's a little pricey at $55 but considering these have been selling for around $300 lately that's a pretty good deal. I don't have the extra cash right now but hoping in the next few weeks the pre-order is still open and I can order one.

https://store.na.square-enix-games.com/ ... -vii-vinyl
Saw that this morning, too rich for my blood.

Also Distant Worlds IV went up this morning and has been popping throughout the day.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B085KHQLB9/re ... 6EbF9BTRHH
By texasvinyl
I am selling two outstanding vgm soundtracks to fund a drunken Italian purchase

First is final fantasy IV. This is professionally mastered and pressed on 2LP clear/blue splatter in a gatefold jacket.

Second is Ultimate Doom. This one is audiophile quality 2LP cut at 45RPM on black vinyl.

$100 each, both are NM/NM
By milliondollars
texasvinyl wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 12:04 am I am selling two outstanding vgm soundtracks to fund a drunken Italian purchase
haha, i love it. this speaks volumes about humanity. buying things we don't need with money we don't have.

what did you score by the way? :)
By milliondollars
i am really not too much into VGM but try to score some of the scores of games that i have played to death, just for the memory. my collection of VGM is less than 10 records i guess but i was able to get into the 2D Ninja circle and got a copy of the Mario Kart 64 which I am really happy about...
By texasvinyl
I mostly do the same! I enjoy the ones that I played a lot as a kid. I will post photos of another one here in another month or two when I am able to, it is really something
By inksb
milliondollars wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 1:04 pm i am really not too much into VGM but try to score some of the scores of games that i have played to death, just for the memory. my collection of VGM is less than 10 records i guess but i was able to get into the 2D Ninja circle and got a copy of the Mario Kart 64 which I am really happy about...
That's awesome. I really love the way the packaging they did on that one. I definitely would have bought a copy if I was in the group. How is the sound quality? I don't think I've heard any boots taken from N64 games.
By inksb
Laced Records just teased a pixelated image of what was quite obviously a Mega Man X collection. It features Axl pretty predominately on the cover so it's safe to assume it covers X-X8. I'm just hoping it's complete OST's of X-X4 and then a highlight selection of X5-X8.

Mega Man X-X4 are some of my favorite games ever.
By texasvinyl
The wait is finally over .... sounds really good. jacket is a bit cheap feeling.
Attachments
IMG_20200625_130526~2.jpg
IMG_20200625_130526~2.jpg (1.37 MiB) Viewed 4124 times