Talk about films scores here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By Mateo Sanboval
inksb wrote:@hatter313 just the con release so far, speculation is late October as there is the new season of Castlevania on Netflix and the PS4 release of Castlevania Requiem which is a two pack of Rondo and Symphony of the Night. I'm hoping this is true, especially since the October heavy hitters of Halloween have already been put up for sale. This week would have been perfect as it's a really light release week but who knows with Mondo.

@Mateo I can post what ever I come across for the bootleg front on here if you are interested. I've been kind of doing it lately but I can make a more conscious effort if you're interested in them. Although facebook and instagram seem like better sources for the super limited stuff. I'm not on facebook but I use IG for it. There is a Donkey Kong Country 2 LP in the works that I'm insanely excited about. I hope it comes to fruition, the music is apparently getting mastered right now and test pressings should be coming in shortly after.

An informed heads up here at STBC is always appreciated, Inks, but I need to be more on it myself as well. I don;t want all of them, but I have missed stuff that I would've grabbed.
By inksb
Hatter313 wrote: Sorry....did you say that there's a PS4 release of Symphony and Rondo coming out...like the un US released rondo...Like am i going to have to buy a PS4 just for this...hot damn.
https://store.playstation.com/en-us/pro ... VANIA00001

It is a port of the original Rondo of Blood which has really only ever been available in US on the PSP locked behind the 2.5D remake of Rondo. So yeah, it's pretty fucking awesome. Plus Symphony of the Night is one of the best games ever. I've beaten that many times, owned it on PSone and PS3. I'll probably pick this up as well but I'm holding off for a bit as I'm hoping SOTN comes out on the Switch as that is my preferred console to play it on at the moment. I guess the SOTN has the re-translated text rather than the OG from '97 but that doesn't really bother me, it's still incredible with out some of the awkward phrasing.

Now if Mondo would hurry the fuck up and give us SOTN on vinyl as well I'd be one happy camper. But I'm willing to bet that will be a 2019 release.

I'm currently playing Rondo of Blood with a PC Engine CD emulator. It's an incredible game, very difficult but it's one of the best in the series. Top three for me goes SOTN, III, Rondo in that order.
By deafmetal
I have successfully given up video games for the last many years, but this one is really testing my resolve. I'd say I'm pretty fucked at this point.

@inks and other Castlevania fans - did you pick up one of those insane Kilian Eng prints? I live under a rock and did not know it even existed until a random ad popped up on my IG feed last week. The artwork is the proverbial tits.
By Hatter313
Yeah I haven’t had a console since ps2 and it’s been years since I’ve played a video game of any kind that wasn’t some annoying puzzle thing on my phone, but I legit just looked up how much a pa4 would be just to get that.
By inksb
@deafmetal, I have not seen that poster and it's incredible. I have taken a break from buying posters, I currently have probably 15 hanging in my house and another 4-5 framed and another 6-7 in poster tubes still. An expense I decided to cut so I can buy more movies and records, lol.

If you guys don't want to spend the money on consoles but want to play those games still I can hook you up with roms and emulators to play them on your computer. You'll need a controller and a half way decent computer but it's better than spending $250 on a PS4.
By Mateo Sanboval
inksb wrote:@hatter313 just the con release so far, speculation is late October as there is the new season of Castlevania on Netflix and the PS4 release of Castlevania Requiem which is a two pack of Rondo and Symphony of the Night. I'm hoping this is true, especially since the October heavy hitters of Halloween have already been put up for sale. This week would have been perfect as it's a really light release week but who knows with Mondo.
Boom.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2018-10-17 at 7.15.46 PM.png
Screen Shot 2018-10-17 at 7.15.46 PM.png (631.46 KiB) Viewed 5138 times
By Hatter313
Yay!
By inksb
I figured I would share this here since Mateo expressed interest. Select Start Records is releasing their over stock of SSR01-03 today at 12 EST, limited to about 20 copies each. These are lathe cut records and from what I've heard the sound quality on 01-02 is not the greatest, people were not overly happy with them. I think @texasvinyl may have one of them (or all), maybe he can hop in and share his thoughts on them. The tapes are fine, nothing special as they are definitely bootleg tapes but his quality has gone up and Metroid Fusion tape is his best release so far. His release of Super Mario World is actually going to be on vinyl.
SSR01 - The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
SSR02 - Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island
SSR03 - Sonic 2

These are going to be $35 plus shipping. This may be higher than what he originally charged but I know he put himself in a hole on the price originally and he had to start making tapes to offset the loss. These will be at selectstartrecs bigcartel site.
By inksb
If you missed them Mateo he is going to do another run of 25 each because people have been messaging him like crazy I guess. They go on sale at 2PM today I think and will be 8-10 weeks before they ship.
By Mateo Sanboval
inksb wrote:If you missed them Mateo he is going to do another run of 25 each because people have been messaging him like crazy I guess. They go on sale at 2PM today I think and will be 8-10 weeks before they ship.
And thank you again! I did miss them. Twice in fact. I was traveling today. Ah well. Them's the breaks.
By texasvinyl
Mateo they are lathes so you could do one yourself if you wanted. In fact if I were Select Start guy I would make a wwtransfer link with the full music and art package and say "y'all bitches on your own, get your own lathes cut"

I did not order these assuming the sound quality and durability are below average.
By inksb
I wasn't a fan of the game, after 12 hours I quit but I know lots of people love it. The Witcher 3 OST - gold variant is available, I'm sure for not very long on Spacelab9's website

https://spacelab9.com/collections/featu ... yl-variant

They also have a few copies of their Namco Muesem LP available too.

A few older releases are clearance out at $10, The Raid 2 being a highlight. Although it's $8 shipping which kind of killed that deal for me. But if I was ordering more than just that I guess it would be fine.
By deafmetal
I have paid the color vinyl tax for the new Castlevania offerings. I am surprised that Dracula X splatter vinyl sold out already though. Bring on the retail black wax.
By inksb
deafmetal wrote:I have paid the color vinyl tax for the new Castlevania offerings. I am surprised that Dracula X splatter vinyl sold out already though. Bring on the retail black wax.
They've only done black for two of the 4 previous Castlevania releases (1&3) so I wouldn't hold my breath. Who knows though,maybe they will with Rondo since it sold out so fast. My guess is new colorway because that's their MO.
By deafmetal
@inks - While I believe only I and III were available via black vinyl on the Mondo web shop (for whatever reason), black vinyl versions of all four of them hit retail distro like LitA, 2HD, etc. That is where I found copies of II and IV.
By inksb
Oh cool, did not know that about them. I honestly didn't even know they had retail distro on those titles. I wish I had bought the black ones....
By inksb
Select Start has some of their remaining tapes up for sale at their cartel
SST-001 - Legend of Zelda Link to the Past
SST-002 - Super Mario World 2 Yoshi's Island
SST-005 - Metroid Fusion (on sale for $10 instead of $15)
SST-006 - Luigi's Mansion

@Mateo, not sure if you grabbed any of these in the past, figured I'd let you know they are available again. Probably not for long.
By inksb
Data-Discs informed me today that Okami has just under 100 copies left. I'm going to try and offload some bluray's this evening on another forum and see I can get enough to cover this.

Also Donkey Kong Contry 2: Diddy Kongs Quest bootleg vinyl is nearing production. Test pressing has been approved and final artwork seems to have been approved as well, hopefully it goes on sale soon.