Talk about films scores here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By inksb
Revolver_OcelScott wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 6:57 pm You know. I want more VGM vinyl, and I'm glad to pay a little more for a niche product. But why on Earth does Square make it so difficult.

https://store.na.square-enix-games.com/ ... 1598899560

57 bucks for 4 tracks, single LP, 2 versions of each track.
Yeah that's absurd to me. They know everyone wants the original soundtracks yet they love shoving arranged versions on to everything. I want FF7, FF8 and the Chrono arrangement album but that's almost $150 for 3 albums. It's too much. I'm glad they repressed them though, it's a step in the right direction.

I'm kind of scared at what they would charge for the full FF7R soundtrack on vinyl.
By texasvinyl
Feels weird to call the Waterworld SNES record essential listening, but damn if this isn't an extremely good soundtrack. I think they only pressed like 100 copies of this.

I couldn't think of why I never heard of the game growing up. I guess it was only released overseas and not in the states.
Attachments
MVIMG_20200906_185532~2.jpg
MVIMG_20200906_185532~2.jpg (2.96 MiB) Viewed 3800 times
By inksb
Yeah it's so weird that Waterworld SNES has such a fantastic soundtrack. That's definitely one I would have grabbed if I had the opportunity. Splatter looks pretty cool.
By ScoJo
Haha! A good friend of mine does game soundtracks, quirky library-influenced/Joe Meek/50s electronica dub mashup stuff mainly, his latest is for Surgeon Simulator 2. Looks like one of those games that people only play when hammered at the end of a night out. The music is great fun though and ridiculously upbeat for me, but it's really soundtracking the heck out of my morning's dull admin! Tell 'im ScoJo sent ya:

https://grandmastergareth.bandcamp.com/ ... ator-2-ost
By texasvinyl
Final fantasy mystic quest. I.e. the game your parents got you because it was $30 not $70 like Final Fantasy 3 or $80 like Secret of Mana

There was a snazzy purple splatter, but I was able to find this jewel tone green one behind a dumpster
Attachments
IMG_20200914_191134~2.jpg
IMG_20200914_191134~2.jpg (1.91 MiB) Viewed 3675 times
By inksb
I never played Mystic Quest but I remember seeing it everywhere. How is the music?

Did you get a copy of Wave Race 64? I just saw that posted and it has some beautiful artwork
By texasvinyl
Wave race I am currently scoping out various dumpsters and hope to find it soon. The cover art for this is outstanding as well as pilotwings resort and f zero x.

The mystic quest music is okay in parts and really great in others. The battle theme is a good one. There are tracks that sound like they were done by Soyo Oka (sim city / pilotwings / super mario kart), but I don't think they were.

The game was decent but very basic. The mechanics and story were stripped down for a budget audience and people who were not familiar with rpg games.
By Mateo Sanboval
I don't think I would vehemently argue with anyone who chose do call Jim Andron's score for the 1992 Philips CD-i of Tetris "cheesy", but I'll be damned if it isn't one of the two VGM LPs I've spun the most this year. I think it's fantastic, Even in spite - or perhaps because - of the label giving it a Vaporwave-esque sleeve design.
By inksb
Mateo Sanboval wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 1:12 am I don't think I would vehemently argue with anyone who chose do call Jim Andron's score for the 1992 Philips CD-i of Tetris "cheesy", but I'll be damned if it isn't one of the two VGM LPs I've spun the most this year. I think it's fantastic, Even in spite - or perhaps because - of the label giving it a Vaporwave-esque sleeve design.
It's a great album, unfortunately for me it was put up for sale at a time I had no money and I missed out on it. It definitely seems to be an inspiration for the vaporwave sound so I get the reason for the artwork even though I don't care for it all that much.
By Mateo Sanboval
inksb wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 1:47 am
Mateo Sanboval wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 1:12 am I don't think I would vehemently argue with anyone who chose do call Jim Andron's score for the 1992 Philips CD-i of Tetris "cheesy", but I'll be damned if it isn't one of the two VGM LPs I've spun the most this year. I think it's fantastic, Even in spite - or perhaps because - of the label giving it a Vaporwave-esque sleeve design.
It's a great album, unfortunately for me it was put up for sale at a time I had no money and I missed out on it. It definitely seems to be an inspiration for the vaporwave sound so I get the reason for the artwork even though I don't care for it all that much.
Proto-Vapor to be sure, Inks. In a way, I;m guessing a whole group of people that would never have heard this mucis became aware of it because that label tends to release Vaporwave and they certainly marketed this as such.

Speaking of great music, as we were, Wave Race 64! I had no idea. Now, who do I have to beat to get a copy? Dolphin Park. Midnight. Come at me, bro. And be prepared to leave lighter than you arrived.
By Mateo Sanboval
Jimmy_Mike wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 4:24 am @mateo - I trust you got your hands on an Outrun repress?
James Michael, as I live and breathe! Indeed, sir, and thank you kindly for the check-in. Brother ScoJo alerted me to its presence and, though it was sold out on my first few attempts, I managed to persevere by sheer fortitude of will. Or dumb luck. Who can say for certain?
By texasvinyl
Nice! Hope to get a shipment soon.

I am listening to yoshi's island over here
Attachments
IMG_20200929_104210~3.jpg
IMG_20200929_104210~3.jpg (2.13 MiB) Viewed 3526 times
By inksb
texasvinyl wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 9:02 pm Nice! Hope to get a shipment soon.

Is this another pressing from 2D Ninja? Or did another label do a version of it?

Any of you fine folks here get all of Final Fantasy IX? I just saw a TP posted of FFIX volume 3 but I have only seen Volume 1 posted by most people. Are they doing 4 volumes? I know the CD version of the soundtrack is 4 CDs but not sure how that would line up on vinyl.

Some company announced an official pressing of Comix Zone which had a great soundtrack, I guess it's coming early next year.
By jgibbs4053
inksb wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 7:04 pm
texasvinyl wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 9:02 pm Nice! Hope to get a shipment soon.

Is this another pressing from 2D Ninja? Or did another label do a version of it?

Any of you fine folks here get all of Final Fantasy IX? I just saw a TP posted of FFIX volume 3 but I have only seen Volume 1 posted by most people. Are they doing 4 volumes? I know the CD version of the soundtrack is 4 CDs but not sure how that would line up on vinyl.

Some company announced an official pressing of Comix Zone which had a great soundtrack, I guess it's coming early next year.
3 volumes for FF9 I have 1&2 waiting for 3 now
By inksb
jgibbs4053 wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 1:02 am 3 volumes for FF9 I have 1&2 waiting for 3 now
Awesome. Once you get all three I'd love to see some pics of the set. Aside from Chrono Trigger that's the one other boot I'm insanely jealous of. The music is so good in FF9
By inksb
I saw a few people post that a few days ago, what a completely absurd soundtrack to release. Incredible packaging design though. I've never played the game, I need to check out the music.
By texasvinyl
It is basically a meme in record form. The music is just "PEPSI MAN!!!!" and a four note riff over and over again

Normally I wouldn't...but I had to because it's so absurd.