Talk about films scores here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By Pain_Bubbles
Was looking forard to The Last of Us, was even considering breaking my "no-Mondo-rule" for it but that price is just crazy, factor in extortionate conversion rates, top it off with a crazy amount of shipping costs and it will probably end up somewhere well in the 100+ € range in Europe.

The price of records has skyrocketed, the pressing quality is at an all time low while aquiring these "art objects" becomes more and more problematic with all the continent/convention/store exclusive releases.

I realise a lot of my comments on this board have not been exactly inspiring or positive,for whitch I apologise to those that do appreciate current releases, but as a long time soundtrack collector this stuff just breaks my heart. I recently canceled most of my pre-orders because of my issues with new vinyl releases and am seriously considering just calling it quits alltogether.

By Little Walter
@deafmetal - The Moonshake soundtracks go for that price from the start. It's definitely a scam.
By deafmetal
RE: Moonshake bootlegs

Thanks for the input. As much as I love all things Castlevania, I am going to pass on overpriced boots. I also do not understand the decision to use that cover art. I would love to see a legit release with appropriate artwork and sleeve notes.
By datadiscs
Forced Exposure really shouldn't be distributing those. Shame on you!
By rpbtz
Forced Exposure were also among the first (and only afaik) to sell the recent Super Mario 7" "reissues", which are also counterfeits.
By jgibbs4053
$44 is crazy considering they are only $25 when they went up for sell.
By Pain_Bubbles
Just checked the shipping costs on "The Last of Us" seems my pessimism about shipping costs were not just justified, but actually pretty conservative.

They charge 52$ for shipping to the Netherlands, making a grand total of 127$ it's a relatively big , expensive box so import tax is pretty much guaranteed during holiday season, so expect to pay around 175$ for this.

Really hope Music on Vinyl gets to do a EU version or something, because this is just crazier than even I thought possible.
By rpbtz
@Pain_Bubbles - I've been writing with New On Vinyl (Dutch online record store) and they expect to get some copies, so you might save some money on shipping and import fees buying it from them, although import costs might drive the price up a bit. They expect to have pre-orders ready on their site sometime within the next two weeks.
By Pain_Bubbles
Thanks rpbtz , I will keep it in mind, but really not planning on buying this, now matter how fantastic the release, I am not going to reward them by spending way too much money on stuff like this.

The Last of Us is from Sony,so I wouldn;t rule out a EU version on MOV. (Hopefully with the "correct/real" artwork)
By rpbtz
It seems likely that there will be a standard version eventually. I wouldn't be surprised to see it just include the TLOU soundtrack and not the Left Behind DLC so it'll fit on a 2LP. And I agree that MOV seems to be a likely candidate for putting out such a thing.

Personally I think the Mondo artwork is fantastic and I'd be disappointed if they hadn't try to do something special with it as that's what they do with their releases.
By ninjaqutie
I would like tenchu to be released. I was obsessed with that games music. I would record the music. HAHA.
By Purplemule74
Hey -

I know this isn't video game soundtrack related, but Bethesda announced a fun package for a Fallout anthology for the PC:

They also have a sale going on at Bethesda on Fallout clothing:

Clothing Link

I'm a little bummed I didn't purchase the Vault 101 hoodie, it was deal when their asking price was $60 and they dropped it all the way to $20.
By deafmetal
@Purplemule - ^mini-nuke! You made my heart stop for a second there, as I thought that was a vinyl soundtrack anthology.

Btw, the Vault 101 hoodie is still in stock at

Think Geek
By Purplemule74
@Deafmetal - Ha! My heart would have exploded if it had been a vinyl anthology. That would be awesome. ....I don't want to set the world on fire...
By Pain_Bubbles
@Purplemule74: The songs by The Ink Spots in Fallout are probably easily available on vinyl, maybe even as singles.
By Purplemule74
@Pain_Bubbles -

Thanks!

Yeah, I know a number of the songs are readily available, it would just be cool if they released the score and soundtrack to at least Fallout 3. If they released it in such a fun package as this PC Mini-Nuke, that would be heaven.

They did release a vinyl record for Bioshock a few years ago along those lines, fun little record.
By rpbtz
@Purplemule74 - Spacelab9 is supposedly working on a vinyl version of the Fallout 3 OST
By deafmetal
@rpbtz - That would be excellent. The Fallout 3 OST is sublime. One of my all-time favorites for overall atmosphere.
By diskotron
little walter were did you find these vinyl's at ,, i can't seem to find a website for this ? thanks any help is appreciated ,
By rpbtz
Pre-orders for Battletoads will go up tomorrow. Not only that - Iam8bit will also be releasing the soundtracks to Banjo-Kazooie and Perfect Dark on vinyl. Pre-orders for those up tomorrow as well.

http://store.iam8bit.com/collections/rare
By Dollarhyde
@rpbtz

Awesome news but where the hell are the donkey kong country osts!!! Nintendo licencing issues maybe?
By Purplemule74
Doublefine has a summer sale going on that includes 50% off the DropChord Soundtrack:

DropChord Vinyl LINK

By Dollarhyde
Iam8bit preorders are up.
Link

Copped a copy of battle toads but passed on the perfect dark and banjo. As mentioned before would jump on a DKC vinyl though.