Talk about films scores here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By inksb
So jealous of you guys and your Secret of Mana LPs.

Nice grabs @jgibbs I've heard that the Batman LP sounds great. His LP4 is hilarious, Yo!Noid / California Raisons.
By inksb
Bloodborne (Original Soundtrack) - Ryan Amon, Tsukasa Saitoh, Michael Wandamacher, Yuka Kitamura & Nobuyoshi Suzuki
Coming from Laced Records
September/October
$35 + shipping
A shame they didn't actually put any effort into the jacket design. That's just old promo artwork with some minor tweaks. There are thousands of artists who would have created something incredible for this and probably for something pretty cheap as they love the series, just hit up r/bloodborne you could find tons artists.

https://www.lacedrecords.com/collection ... uble-vinyl

I'll definitely be picking this up.
By inksb
Well unfortunately iam8bit has just announced and put up for pre-order one of my most desired VGM soundtracks. For those unaware, iam8bit is widely considered the worst VGM vinyl label out there, lots of unexplained and unacknowledged delays, tons of pressing issues, generally shit quality pressings and rude customer service

TMNT IV: Turtles in Time

It has the WORST artwork I've ever seen on a release. Seriously that shit had to have taken 15 minutes in illustrator to create. So much great material in that game and that's what they fucking chose. Oh well I ordered it because it's one of the best SNES OST's out there.

"BIG APPLE 3AM" - forever burned into my head

https://store.iam8bit.com/collections/t ... soundtrack

By texasvinyl
I had to pass on this one (I am out of buying game except for that Musax which I haven't been caught for yet!!). Great score but meh art. What would have been cool is printing the pizza and bomb designs on a coaster or making them square center labels.
By milliondollars
Alleycat Blues!!! :O

i try to buy only those VG records that i have a personal relation to. games that i played to death in my youth. so many video game music on wax nowadays and i pass on 99% as i don't even know these games, but i am in for this one for sure...
By inksb
texasvinyl wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 10:38 pm I had to pass on this one (I am out of buying game except for that Musax which I haven't been caught for yet!!). Great score but meh art. What would have been cool is printing the pizza and bomb designs on a coaster or making them square center labels.
Did you happen to pick up 2D Ninja's SMW2: Yoshi's Island? I saw some pics on IG and it looks like he did a fantastic job. It seems he did 3 variants again similar to Zelda?
By frost
inksb wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 5:26 pm
texasvinyl wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 10:38 pm I had to pass on this one (I am out of buying game except for that Musax which I haven't been caught for yet!!). Great score but meh art. What would have been cool is printing the pizza and bomb designs on a coaster or making them square center labels.
Did you happen to pick up 2D Ninja's SMW2: Yoshi's Island? I saw some pics on IG and it looks like he did a fantastic job. It seems he did 3 variants again similar to Zelda?
Does this guy have a regular shop? I sent him e request via instagram but he seems to not care.
By texasvinyl
This has been a pretty incredible week for vgm stuff with several outstanding projects, and also some announcements I missed out on.
By inksb
frost wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 9:58 pm
inksb wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 5:26 pm
Does this guy have a regular shop? I sent him e request via instagram but he seems to not care.
He runs a private group on facebook now., his IG is basically dead. Apparently you can message him through FB and get waitlisted but I'm pretty sure they are at capacity. I'm not part of it but I follow folks on IG who are. The Yoshi's Island LP looks beautiful.
texasvinyl wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 10:18 pm This has been a pretty incredible week for vgm stuff with several outstanding projects, and also some announcements I missed out on.
You talking boots or some official releases? The only thing that I saw release was Final Fantasy 1 & 2 cassettes from some UK boot label. And Metal Gear Solid from Mondo with that awful Snake cover.

I did receive a pretty cool package that came in a bloodied paper bag. I haven't seen any one post about it yet so I haven't mentioned it anywhere.
By jgibbs4053
Most of these “labels” are all private Facebook groups now. Seems like for the most part they all communicate w each other. It’s kinda frowned on if you sale their albums on eBay or make your own Discogs entry. Surprisingly they do a great job on the packaging
By inksb
jgibbs4053 wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 11:36 am Most of these “labels” are all private Facebook groups now. Seems like for the most part they all communicate w each other. It’s kinda frowned on if you sale their albums on eBay or make your own Discogs entry. Surprisingly they do a great job on the packaging
Yeah, most of them all come from the big VGM vinyl group on FB, from there they started doing their own little labels and then as people got upset about not being able to buy them, they started reporting them. And it's been a continuing inward move, more and more private. I've bought records from a lot of them when they were on IG but after one record (sometimes two) they move to FB private groups.
By inksb
texasvinyl wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 3:15 pm I noticed a new Discogs entry was created https://www.discogs.com/Nobuo-Uematsu-F ... e/14003973
Damn. I heard he was doing a FF release, didn't realize it was 6 and 3 LPs???? That's going to cost a fortune. I know you bought his previous releases, did you grab this one? Or has it not actually gone up for sale?
texasvinyl wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 3:06 pm Did you guys see the Raygun post. I don't buy it, but I guess we'll see. I finally did a credit card chargeback not too long ago.
Yeah I'm not sure about this, it all seems plausible but I was informed by some one who was in contact with them a few months ago and the only story at that point was that the original pressing plant just took the money and disappeared, no mention of being reported . I paid with paypal and we are way past the 6 month mark for a refund. I'm just taking the hit on this one.
By inksb
Brave Wave just announced something exciting...

http://bravewave.squarespace.com/genseries/010
SNK AND BRAVE WAVE CONTINUE THEIR EXCITING PARTNERSHIP TO BRING CLASSIC NEO GEO SOUNDTRACKS TO CD AND VINYL
SNK and Brave Wave Productions are proud to reveal their fourth collaboration, Generation Series 010: Samurai Shodown for both CD and vinyl. Known as Samurai Spirits in Japan and originally released for NEOGEO in 1993, Samurai Shodown is one of SNK’s most classic and timeless 2D fighting games, featuring fast-paced gameplay, beautiful graphics and catchy music.

The soundtrack, composed by Norio Tate, achieves the difficult task of producing traditional Japanese sound comprised of instruments such as the shamisen and shachihata while maintaining a distinct NEOGEO vibe. The result is a beloved soundtrack that is simultaneous timeless, yet historical.

There are two variations of the soundtrack: an AES version and a NEOGEO CD arranged version. Samurai Shodown The Definitive Soundtrack will include both versions, featuring the entirety of the original soundtracks remastered and restored to the highest possible quality, in collaboration and consultation with SNK.

The CD and vinyl editions will feature a booklet containing artwork from the SNK archives, in addition to in-depth liner notes written by some of the original creators of the game, including series creator Yasushi Adachi, as well as Tate. In addition, the booklet will feature an in-depth essay by Greg Kasavin of Supergiant Games on the impact of Samurai Shodown on video game culture and history.

As Brave Wave’s first 3-LP vinyl set, Samurai Shodown The Definitive Soundtrack will come in a box set featuring three LP sleeves decorated with artwork from the game, with the box set featuring the original iconic Japanese cover drawn by famed illustrator Shinkiro.

The following variants will be available in North America, Australia and Europe:
3-LP Vinyl
3-LP Limited Edition (limited to 300 copies) - US $60 / €60
3-LP Standard Edition - US$50 / €50

CD Edition
2-CD Set: Standard Edition - US$18 / €18
By inksb
jgibbs4053 wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 8:30 pm Final Fantasy 6 - 3LP
I am insanely jealous of that one! How much did that end up costing you? I assume he sold all the copies of it?

I see some one is already selling one for $200 on ebay.

Any one pick up the Jet Set Radio Future 2LP set that went on sale this week? I have no attachment to those games but I know lots of people do. If any one wants a copy of it and doesn't have access to them I can pick one up. It's $40+shipping.
By texasvinyl
This one is just good clean fun, and however they figured out how to make a console sound chip sound like this is really incredible
Attachments
image000000.jpg
image000000.jpg (129.66 KiB) Viewed 4657 times
By inksb
I forgot to post this.

Mega Man 1-11 Collection

https://www.lacedrecords.com/collection ... collection
Prepare to fight for everlasting peace! Laced Records, in partnership with CAPCOM, proudly presents Mega Man 1-11: The Collection: 152 tracks pressed onto six ‘Mega Man blue’ 180g vinyl LPs, packaged in deluxe spined inner sleeves, and housed in a luxury ridged board slip case. Music includes the full soundtracks to Mega Man, Mega Man 2 and Mega Man 3, as well as a large selection of fan favourites from Mega Man 4 through to Mega Man 11.

I'd like to get this but I am holding off on any big purchases like this for a while. I also kind of wish we got full OST's for 4-6. The rest I don't care as much about but overall it's a really cool release.

Hopefully we get a Mega Man X 1-3 on vinyl, that would make me so happy.