Talk about films scores here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By Revolver_OcelScott
inksb wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 6:58 pm I forgot to post this.

Mega Man 1-11 Collection

https://www.lacedrecords.com/collection ... collection
Prepare to fight for everlasting peace! Laced Records, in partnership with CAPCOM, proudly presents Mega Man 1-11: The Collection: 152 tracks pressed onto six ‘Mega Man blue’ 180g vinyl LPs, packaged in deluxe spined inner sleeves, and housed in a luxury ridged board slip case. Music includes the full soundtracks to Mega Man, Mega Man 2 and Mega Man 3, as well as a large selection of fan favourites from Mega Man 4 through to Mega Man 11.

I'd like to get this but I am holding off on any big purchases like this for a while. I also kind of wish we got full OST's for 4-6. The rest I don't care as much about but overall it's a really cool release.

Hopefully we get a Mega Man X 1-3 on vinyl, that would make me so happy.
I was seconds away from buying this when I saw that 4 onwards weren't complete, and I do not get why they aren't. I already have the official Rockman 1-3 vinyl, with 2 being my favorite soundtrack to a game, so o ended up not grabbing it.
By inksb
Ship to Shore have announced...

Castlevania the Adventure: Rebirth OST

A game I was completely unaware of, it's a remake of the original Gameboy game on the Wii. I wish I had played it.

I checked out the soundtrack on youtube and it sounds pretty great. Apparently it was created using the Konami Arcade Soundboard.
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... 46A7121966

Available for preorder 10/31. Debug Records have their own variant that will be available the same day on their site (I think I prefer their color to STS)
By inksb
Anyone into JRPG soundtracks may want to check this out. I'm enjoying it quite a bit

https://gaijinblues.bandcamp.com/album/gaijin-blues-ii

nspired by Japanese Role Playing Games, Super Nintendo and some serious hours playing Dragon Quest V, Final Fantasy VI, VII and IX, and Phantasy Star IV. This an LP of samples, live instrumentation and programming as a love note that you’d never find inside a video game box...until now.

Gaijin Blues II takes you a step further. With this LP the band have created their own fictional JRPG, an end to end narrative with the music weaved around it all. Even the back cover is a homage to a classic video game magazine, designed by Tom Miller in the style of a walkthrough of the "game", detailing how to get through each chapter/track.

In the words of the creators themselves: “This is a sequel to a story you’ve never experienced. You are the protagonist who is coming back home to see his world completely changed by seemingly harmless technology. Each track is a chapter in this tale. Collect the items, gather a party and use your wit and imagination to find out the truth. Because technology usually comes at a price…”

This about as conceptual as it gets: where a brand new story matched with an audio narrative meet together in a fictional world. In terms of electronic music that doesn’t happen often. Gaijin Blues II is a truly unique record whether you’ve ever owned a console or not.

Gaijin Blues’s live performance mixes MPC’s, drum machines and synths with loopers, live flutes and percussion. They have caught the attention of some of the UK’s biggest names in electronic music. They’ve opened for Anchorsong and were hand-picked by Romare to support him at London’s Jazz Cafe. In November 2019 they’ll be opening for Actress and Amon Tobin.

@tex or @jgibbs, did either of you snag a copy of Final Fantasy IV? I saw a pic posted on IG and it looks like a beautiful set. I see one is already on ebay for $80
By texasvinyl
If it is $80 buy it now I would pull the trigger. Cost on this record was $64. Can see it easily being 200-400 in the secondhand market.
By inksb
texasvinyl wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 8:12 pm If it is $80 buy it now I would pull the trigger. Cost on this record was $64. Can see it easily being 200-400 in the secondhand market.
$64 for a double LP? That's a bit much. It's not buy it now, it's actually over $100 with bids now that I checked it. I personally didn't play IV until much later and I don't have the attachment I do to VI & VII so I would have passed on it for $64, haha. It's a good soundtrack but that's more than I want to pay.

I bought Kirby's Adventure cassette, when I got it in the mail this weekend I just looked at it and thought to myself, why the hell did I buy this? I don't even really like Kirby games. I listened to it once. It's a bit muffled and muddy for the first two or three tracks but get's better after that. I really should not have bought that, haha.
By Revolver_OcelScott
Tetris Effect Soundtrack on sale Friday, 4 week open pre order.

5LP, 40 tracks, 99.99
2LP, 20 tracks, 34.99

Limited Run Games

Awesome soundtrack, and I hate to spend this kinda money close to Christmas, the soundtrack is amazing.
By Revolver_OcelScott
texasvinyl wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 8:12 pm If it is $80 buy it now I would pull the trigger. Cost on this record was $64. Can see it easily being 200-400 in the secondhand market.
FFIV is my favorite FF and FF OST. I'd pay good money for a legit release. But Square is one of the stupidest companies when it comes to this stuff.
By inksb
jgibbs4053 wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 11:16 am I just saw a copy of FF4 as well on IG. Who released it? There are too many labels to keep up with
I don't know who released it but the center labels are designed exactly the same as the Secret of Mana LP so I would assume that person (or group). Speaking of Mana, I received a copy yesterday. So incredibly excited to own it.
By inksb
Metal Gear NES - 10" LP - Mondo - $20 - soonish???

They are also releasing Metal Gear MSX OST separately at a later point. If we continue down the Metal Gear rabbit hole then I would absolutely love Metal Gear 2 MSX2 OST (it's amazing) and of course Metal Gear Solid 2 & 3 OST's. 3 In particular is my favorite outside of the original MGS.
By Revolver_OcelScott
We're like 100% on the same page. I definitely need Solid 2 and especially 3. Kinda wish they made this release 2 12s with NES on one, MSX on the other. But im still in, im a crazy MGS fanboy.
By inksb
Yeah I'd be more inclined to buy the NES version if it was bundled with the MSX one. I have no attachement to the NES version so I'll buy the MSX version for the better sounding music. I do like the artwork.

I wonder what's going on over at Data Discs. They have released two records this year, Thunder Force IV and Sonic CD (which wasn't even a main line entry). They announced Radiant Silvergun in the spring and I've been impatiently waiting for more info on that. I haven't picked up Sonic CD yet myself due to the cost and the fact that I never really played it so priority wise it's pretty low. And there are plenty of copies out there so I'm in no rush.
By deafmetal
Photo stolen from a DCON attendee:

Looks great. This game was my jam on NES for many long months way back in the day. Got stuck at the end for weeks until I remembered the radio channels from the manual. I remember getting to go on a rare trip to a real video game store hours away, and I had enough cash for one game. I was really hoping to find Bionic Commando, but ended up with Metal Gear instead. It was probably the box art with the rad mech that got me:

By Revolver_OcelScott
I didn't get into Metal Gear Until Metal Gear Solid myself. But man I love the series. I've met Hideo Kojima 3 times, got almost all of the series signed by him!

Really hoping they are doing Metal Gear 2, and Metal Gear Solid 2 and 3. 4 has some great music too, but I am doubtful they're going that far into it, if at all.
By inksb
Revolver_OcelScott wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 12:05 pm I didn't get into Metal Gear Until Metal Gear Solid myself. But man I love the series. I've met Hideo Kojima 3 times, got almost all of the series signed by him!

Really hoping they are doing Metal Gear 2, and Metal Gear Solid 2 and 3. 4 has some great music too, but I am doubtful they're going that far into it, if at all.
That's really awesome you've met Kojima. Where did you meet him? Have you played Death Stranding?
By Revolver_OcelScott
NYC for MGS4 Midnight Release, and twice in NYC for Uniqlo Clothing Lines for MGS clothing. Was easier when I had more free time to just drop everything and go haha.

I have not, it's on my list though, probably going to pick it up on PC next year because the PS4 is being phased out soon anyways. A friend of mine played it and he was not impressed, but I still want to check it out.
By inksb
Revolver_OcelScott wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 1:32 pm NYC for MGS4 Midnight Release, and twice in NYC for Uniqlo Clothing Lines for MGS clothing. Was easier when I had more free time to just drop everything and go haha.

I have not, it's on my list though, probably going to pick it up on PC next year because the PS4 is being phased out soon anyways. A friend of mine played it and he was not impressed, but I still want to check it out.
That's cool, he's always seemed like a nice guy.

Well as some one who does have Death Stranding I highly recommend it, especially if you are a fan of Kojima games. It's one of my favorite games this year and that's coming from some on who didn't want to play it because the gameplay looked like it wasn't for me. I have over 50 hours into it at this point and I'm maybe half way through it? I understand the people who want to go "bang! bang!" in their video games don't like it but any one who's a fan of Kojima's story telling and game design should love this. Also a good choice waiting for the PC port, while the PS4 version runs great and looks incredible, it does have some frame hitching problems on the Pro while driving, it's not game breaking but still annoying when you are traveling on the roads a lot.
By inksb
These arrived a few days ago. I've only had a chance to listen to the first one and it sounds great. I'm really excited to listen to III as it's my favorite one and has such a great soundtrack.

By reddye6
This soundtrack looks pretty cool to me. It's for a game called Paper Beast. The main composer is Roly Porter, who has a few albums under his belt. He does these epic, black-hole, abyss-type soundscapes. You can hear samples here, and the page has a link to a vinyl pre-order.
By texasvinyl

Binds on production has Diablo 2 up for sale unless it sold out already.

Given the thousands of hours I spent playing Diablo and Diablo 2, this might be music I've listened to more than any other. For video game music to have been this good back in 1996 is pretty remarkable. For me they are two of the finest video game soundtracks of all time alongside maybe FFVI and Link to the Past.

I can't wait for the D2 to ship. I might have spent $200 buying pic disc and normal versions of D2 + LoD.