Talk about films scores here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By inksb
Hot damn Tex! That's some fucking fire. Who the hell did that one? 2D Ninja? Totokuribo? I'm happy some one repressed that, the one from Moonshake has been hard to find and from everyone I've talked to it has issues so I was never willing to spend the aftermarket price.

Hopefully I'll be grabbing a copy of DKC3 tomorrow when it goes up for sale.
By texasvinyl
I should take it down I guess in case it will cause problems. most unfortunately the project was cancelled so there won't be a release, but I was lucky in a raffle a while back and got a test press as a prize. So it is probably moonshake or bust unless someone else does it
By milliondollars
a (little) dream seems to come true very soon! this is incredible. got the hint from a very kind person and did a little research. a new label dedicated to point and klick adventures from the 90s. they do the soundblaster version of Day Of The Tentacle and have other stuff like Monkey Island in the pipeline... look for thereal_dnb on instagram. i guess it is kind of semi-official but i really do not care.

By inksb
Any of you that are in the boot groups get a copy of Turtles in Time? That's one I really wish I could get my hands on. No terrible looping, actually has stage audio for the beginning of the stages, sequenced properly. And art that doesn't suck.
By inksb
texasvinyl wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 6:58 pm I see one listed in the UK at present on the 'bay but really haven't seen this one pop up much
I thought maybe you picked up a copy since you're in the group that released it, not too sure if the other folks in here are part of it. I've only seen copies just starting to pop up on IG but really have no clue how long it's been out since they are making people wait to post about them for a bit or what ever is going on with the delayed posting.
By reddye6
Skymelt - Black Future '88 LP
Attachments
IMG_0940.jpg
IMG_0940.jpg (1.67 MiB) Viewed 2236 times
By texasvinyl
I get the sense this boot frenzy will be slowing down. What a fascinating thing this has been to behold.

I got one today, has to be the nicest thing anyone's done so far. The jacket is on the level of like an Assault on Precinct 13 subber from back when death waltz made those super heavy high gloss jackets.
By inksb
texasvinyl wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 8:38 pm I get the sense this boot frenzy will be slowing down. What a fascinating thing this has been to behold.

I got one today, has to be the nicest thing anyone's done so far. The jacket is on the level of like an Assault on Precinct 13 subber from back when death waltz made those super heavy high gloss jackets.
Why's that? I heard Tota closed up shop and peaced out because he was being outed. More labels going to stop making stuff? Or just all the big stuff has been done and there's less need now?

Did you buy the Crash Bandicoot boot?
By texasvinyl
A little of column A, little of column B. I did buy crash but only one, maybe I should have grabbed an extra but they were too expensive
By inksb
texasvinyl wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 1:42 am A little of column A, little of column B. I did buy crash but only one, maybe I should have grabbed an extra but they were too expensive
Yeah I should have bought a copy to flip/trade but I just didn't feel like spending that money.
By reddye6
Now playing Ghost of Tsushima release
Attachments
IMG_0982.jpg
IMG_0982.jpg (2.01 MiB) Viewed 2147 times
By inksb
reddye6 wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 9:16 pm Now playing Ghost of Tsushima release
That set looks beautiful. I've been waiting to play the game on the PS5 but I can't get my hands on a PS5.
By inksb
texasvinyl wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 8:38 pm I got one today, has to be the nicest thing anyone's done so far. The jacket is on the level of like an Assault on Precinct 13 subber from back when death waltz made those super heavy high gloss jackets.
Is this one the Breath of the Wild comp? I just saw the set posted and it's quite impressive. I managed to grab that Mario Kart LP from Ozeki. I have no clue what game it is lol but I'll hopefully flip it to fund a more entertaining purchase.
By texasvinyl
Which one? There are two that have had pictures posted, 1LP ballad of the champions and a 2LP one. I missed the 2LP and will have to trade for one of those. Ballad of the champions is great, I did get one of those

But no it isn't one of those.

The ozeki is double dash.
By inksb
I was referencing the 2LP one, beautiful packaging. The ballad of champions one looks nice too and I thought the TP cover with the Akira homage was pretty cool.

I've never played Double Dash, it'll be a nice surprise to listen to when it arrives.
By texasvinyl
Perfect dark, saw they're making a new game although I'm sure it won't be quite the same hype as the original back in the day
Attachments
PXL_20210201_025525349~2.jpg
PXL_20210201_025525349~2.jpg (1.02 MiB) Viewed 2062 times
By inksb
One of those soundtracks I thought might be cool to have in the collection, passed on it as I didn't need it and have since regretted it. I don't love the art they went for here but it's not bad. How does that one sound? I know iam8bit are a little hit or miss on sound quality with their pressings.
By texasvinyl
Sound is great I played this a lot on n64 so had to get it back when it came out. Figure closest thing to goldeneye unless someone can boot that one. I think there are rights issues so it'll never happen otherwise