Talk about films scores here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By texasvinyl
That looks cool. I don't know the game.

I've been enjoying TMNT 1 + 2 that just came in the mail, as well as a couple of other SNES bootleg things. Been thinking about doing a one-off personal lathe. Anyone had one made before-- do they sound really horrible?
By inksb
Yeah that TMNT NES LP is great fun. I love the artwork and insert they put in there. What other SNES boots are you talking about? Did you happen to get Sim City and Pilotwings?

What were you thinking of doing as lathe? I know the quality is lesser but I haven't heard one myself so I can't speak to it.

Into the Breach is a great little strategy game. You control a team of 3 mechs and protect cities from giant monster bugs. It distills the best parts of RTS games. It's on PC and Switch and made by the team that did FTL -Faster Than Light a few years ago.
By Mateo Sanboval
Someone bootlegged Sim City? That's awesome! I need to find a rom of the OG SC that I can play on a Mac. Holy smokes was that a fun game.
By inksb
Yeah a small boot label called Totakuribo. They released F-Zero earlier this year and apparently attracted more attention than they intended so they went private and you had to email them your info, be part of some group on Facebook I think and have purchased the F-Zero release in order to have him offer you the ability to buy Sim City and Pilot Wings, both were limited to 100 copies. I emailed him but he ignored me since I'm not on facebook and wasn't privy to purchasing F-Zero. I would have grabbed them if offered but not too upset about missing them as they are not top tier SNES soundtracks IMO.
By texasvinyl
I was thinking of doing a Diablo lathe for fun since it's my favorite game. Someone really should do 1 & 2 properly as the music is second to none.
By texasvinyl
Secret of Mana would be awesome! And preferably not a version you can only buy with 100,000 loyalty points on the Square store, only in Japan...

TMNT is lots of fun. I got one of the test pressings although I might regret that. The regular is plenty cool.

Also, this TMNT 1 water level song is giving me video game PTSD I didn't know I had... That entire game was stupid hard
Attachments
IMG_20181115_200039781.jpg
IMG_20181115_200039781.jpg (3.41 MiB) Viewed 4612 times
By inksb
Damn @tex those test pressings were stupid expensive. Looks cool though.

I would absolutely love a Secret of Mana OST on vinyl. I'm working on my own boot cassette of Secret of Mana 2. It's over 3 hours of music so I'm working on splitting it up between two tapes hopefully. Currently on the back burner, probably pick up working on it again during my winter vacation in a few months.
By texasvinyl
Yeah they tried to make it fun, wrapped in tissue paper, tied with some ribbon and in an envelope stamped with the label logo, with a separate box that has a printed wood block, pins, stickers, cards printed with all the different test pressing jackets etc. But the artwork is like middle school caliber. It isn't one of Scott's hand-mades in other words!!
By Mateo Sanboval
texasvinyl wrote:But the artwork is like middle school caliber. It isn't one of Scott's hand-mades in other words!!
We are spoiled by those lofty standards. Not much is.
By deafmetal
Looking forward to this one:

Enjoy The Ride Records is proud to announce the release of Mortal Kombat I and II - Music From The Arcade Game Soundtracks. Composed by Dan Forden (some of you may remember him from the game - he's the dude who appears in MKII and says "Toasty!" is a perfect falsetto), the iconic music for one of the 90s most popular video games is now available for the first time on vinyl. The music to the games was previously only available on CD via mail order - fans had to send a check and pre-paid postage to Forden's PO Box in order to secure the score. In celebration of 25 Years of Mortal Kombat II, this release will be available in three exclusive ninja colors, housed in a 400 gsm jacket.

Enjoy The Ride Records is the exclusive retailer for three variants: Scorpion Yellow (limited to 400 copies), Reptile Green (limited to 200 copies) and Sub Zero Blue (limited to 400 copies). Our friends at ThinkGeek will be carrying an exclusive picture disc, which is limited to 1,000 copies.

Side A

1 In The Beginning
2 The Courtyard
3 The Temple Gate
4 The Cavern
5 The Bridge
6 Goro And The Emperor
7 Victory
8 SCRLAHTS
Music From Mortal Kombat II
9 Prologue: The Battlefield
10 The Dead Pool
11 The Screaming Forest
12 The Armory

Side B
1 The Portal
2 Air Kombat
3 WDYLMA
4 Epilogue: Shao Kahn's Last Stand
5 MK II Death Jam
6 MK II Audio Tour
Bonus Track
7 The Immortal(s): Mortal Kombat

By Mateo Sanboval
NathanLurker wrote:That's great, but not gonna buy if it's their usual pricing. I still can't find Commando under 55$CAD.
Real Gone did Commando, Predator, Escape From LA, etc. Enjoy The Ride did True Romance, Transformers, Beverly Hills Cop, and lots of Nicktunes stuff.
By deafmetal
inksb wrote:MK Reptile variant sold out in 3 minutes, I didn't expect that.
Oops, I was going to grab that one. Oh well, Scorpion was always my go-to ninja.
By NathanLurker
Mateo Sanboval wrote:
NathanLurker wrote:That's great, but not gonna buy if it's their usual pricing. I still can't find Commando under 55$CAD.
Real Gone did Commando, Predator, Escape From LA, etc. Enjoy The Ride did True Romance, Transformers, Beverly Hills Cop, and lots of Nicktunes stuff.
oops. thanks for correcting me
By inksb
Dollarhyde wrote:Great release, I would prefer the sega genesis soundtrack though over this one, from the arcade.

data discs you know what to do!
I would have loved a second LP of the Sega OST. MKII was a big staple from my arcade days so having that music for me is priority. I loved being the punk ass little kid that beat on the teenagers. I was especially good at SF2.

Not sure if any one here is into it but Stardew Valley has a nice 4LP boxset availble at a great price of $60 over at Fangamer. I haven't played it but my brother loves the game.
By deafmetal
inksb wrote:I would have loved a second LP of the Sega OST. MKII was a big staple from my arcade days so having that music for me is priority. I loved being the punk ass little kid that beat on the teenagers. I was especially good at SF2.
I played a lot of SF2 like most other arcade rats, but the first Mortal Kombat cab triggered such gorehound lust in my teenage brain that I became instantly obsessed and mastered every fatality. When MKII was released, I only heard rumors from afar of wondrous tales of cyborg gore and babality/friendship madness. I grew up in the middle of nowhere, and the local arcade could not source a cab. I called all the vending machine companies in the area and nobody could get one. My friends and I traveled two hours to the nearest "big city" arcade to just get a chance at some quarter-munching ultraviolence. The cab finally landed in our local arcade some months later, and I ended up dominating the system over the next year. I don't remember how or where we picked up all the moves, but I had all the various finishing moves and secret deaths memorized, and kids used to line up quarters just to see all the various ways I could slaughter them or turn them into babies or friends. Fast forward a couple years, and you could find me selling full move lists printed off the 'net for the MK3 release. I remember getting kicked out of the local arcade back then for selling "contraband material", haha.