Talk about films scores here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By inksb
I'm putting this here as I think it will get the most traction.

Ahwlee - VII
Hip hop beat tape that samples Final Fantasy VII music, it's excellent stuff. So many little moments where you go, oh shit that's this music or this sound effect. Some clever implementation. Overall very fun album, my wife who is not the most musically versed person but loves music mentioned that it felt like the Samurai Champloo soundtrack, which she's not wrong, there's some definite Nujabes inspiration at parts.

By inksb
Some recent announcements:

Sekiro - Laced Records - 4LP - https://www.lacedrecords.com/collection ... -die-twice

Ikaruga - Data Discs - 1LP - on sale 10/24 or 24/10

Street Fighter III: The Collection - Laced - 4LP - https://www.lacedrecords.com/products/c ... lp-box-set

Shenmue III - Brave Wave - 2LP / 5LP / 6LP /11LP versions - https://bravewave.net/genseries/020
This is so absurd, Shenmue III was a failure, I can't believe some one licensed all the music and is doing such an exhaustive release. I guess some people will be happy

Resident Evil 5 - Laced Records - 3LP - https://www.lacedrecords.com/products/r ... iple-vinyl

Splatterhouse - Space Lab 9 - no info on this just listed in coming soon of their recent newsletter
By Mateo Sanboval
Nice update. Not sure any of these are for me, but I appreciate the heads up. Thanks, Inks.
By Revolver_OcelScott
inksb wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 7:09 pm Some recent announcements:

Sekiro - Laced Records - 4LP - https://www.lacedrecords.com/collection ... -die-twice

Ikaruga - Data Discs - 1LP - on sale 10/24 or 24/10

Street Fighter III: The Collection - Laced - 4LP - https://www.lacedrecords.com/products/c ... lp-box-set

Shenmue III - Brave Wave - 2LP / 5LP / 6LP /11LP versions - https://bravewave.net/genseries/020
This is so absurd, Shenmue III was a failure, I can't believe some one licensed all the music and is doing such an exhaustive release. I guess some people will be happy

Resident Evil 5 - Laced Records - 3LP - https://www.lacedrecords.com/products/r ... iple-vinyl

Splatterhouse - Space Lab 9 - no info on this just listed in coming soon of their recent newsletter
Just give me an 11LP of Octopath Traveler already!
By inksb
Mateo Sanboval wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 12:53 am Nice update. Not sure any of these are for me, but I appreciate the heads up. Thanks, Inks.
For me Sekiro is a maybe, I would have preferred a more affordable 2LP set with a smaller selection of songs but I may end up grabbing the set. Street Fighter 3 Third Strike is one of my favorite games of all time, I feel inclined to buy the soundtrack and 2nd Impact has an arguably better soundtrack than Third Strike.

I already own Ikaruga on vinyl (boot) and two cassettes, not sure I really want to buy it a third time but if I can get it for a reasonable price stateside I'll grab a copy to keep my Data Discs collection complete.
By inksb
I was offered to buy a copy of Mega Man X OST, it's a boot that was already in production by the time Laced announced their big boxset. Since I don't plan on coughing up $140 for that boxset any time soon I grabbed a copy of this. It came in a white generic sleeve but they had also made a few jackets for it on low quality paper stock. They are flimsy but the color isn't bad and image is crisp. MMX is one of my favorite SNES games and soundtracks.

By Revolver_OcelScott
Someone on the VGM Vinyl reddit got their copy (won through twitter contest) of Cadence of Hyrule vinyl. Wanted to win that bad. And assuming it was only pressed for the contest (25 copies), I assume resale prices will be astronomical
By inksb
Revolver_OcelScott wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 8:26 pm Someone on the VGM Vinyl reddit got their copy (won through twitter contest) of Cadence of Hyrule vinyl. Wanted to win that bad. And assuming it was only pressed for the contest (25 copies), I assume resale prices will be astronomical
Wonder if it was the same person that just posted to reddit. Looks awesome and it's a shame that didn't receive a huge pressing. I would love to have that soundtrack.
By texasvinyl
Wonderful. I regret selling Fez. Rumors of a repress possible. This one has become quite expensive.
Attachments
PXL_20201202_045709723~2.jpg
PXL_20201202_045709723~2.jpg (2 MiB) Viewed 2213 times
By inksb
Hyper Light Drifter. "THE" Holy Grail of officially pressed VGM. This and Persona 5 I see requested for a repress more than anything else out there. Nice spin @tex
By texasvinyl
It's pretty wild, I checked and I got this in mid/late 2018 for $60 which was below retail because of some damage on the box. And thought it was still a little expensive for an indie ost.

Current spin is F Zero
Attachments
PXL_20201202_205746325~2.jpg
PXL_20201202_205746325~2.jpg (1.3 MiB) Viewed 2188 times
By inksb
Jimmy_Mike wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 4:17 am Who’s playing Cyberpunk tonight?
Not me. My computer won't run it very well so I'm waiting until I can actually get my hands on a 3070. Until then I'll be working on my back catalog
By texasvinyl
I got two hours in last night, it looks absolutely incredible, the ray tracing implementation is out of this world good.

I think people will want a 2080ti or 3070 for 1440p, or a 3080/3090 for 3440x1440 ultrawide and 4k.

It runs very well, and I'm going to take forever with the playthrough so I can see it all and hopefully give them time to push patches, although in the first two hours I did not get any glitches or bugs.
By texasvinyl
I will say I did not expect it to be closest to Borderlands in terms of gameplay

Watched some ps4 gameplay, ouch. They should have cancelled that, it looks freaking ROUGH. And the cpu on older xbox is even slower, i bet it is even worse on that system
By inksb
texasvinyl wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 1:53 pm I will say I did not expect it to be closest to Borderlands in terms of gameplay

Watched some ps4 gameplay, ouch. They should have cancelled that, it looks freaking ROUGH. And the cpu on older xbox is even slower, i bet it is even worse on that system
Yeah I've seen reports of Xbox One running sub 20fps, I guess the PS4 Pro is capable of running a fairly stable 30fps. But overall everything I've seen has not been great for the base model consoles.
By Mateo Sanboval
inksb wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 1:04 pm Hyper Light Drifter. "THE" Holy Grail of officially pressed VGM. This and Persona 5 I see requested for a repress more than anything else out there. Nice spin @tex
Whoa. You aren't joshing. I had no idea these were held in such high regard. I have both cassette and vinyl; perhaps it's time to sell one off.
By texasvinyl
I suspect console age/use could play a role, like a vintage base ps4 with an aging hdd that has been put through paces and has dusty interior hampering thermals vs a newer one or ssd equipped, that is why folks are seeing some varying levels of performance on same consoles
By inksb
Mateo Sanboval wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 4:49 pm
inksb wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 1:04 pm Hyper Light Drifter. "THE" Holy Grail of officially pressed VGM. This and Persona 5 I see requested for a repress more than anything else out there. Nice spin @tex
Whoa. You aren't joshing. I had no idea these were held in such high regard. I have both cassette and vinyl; perhaps it's time to sell one off.
You may want to get on that sooner than later, iam8bit may end up repressing it in the next year or so, it's their most requested along with Persona 5 and they have confirmed Persona 5 repress coming. They haven't denied or confirmed a Hyper Light Drifter repress but I can't imagine Diasterpiece wouldn't want more money but then again he supposedly doesn't like vinyl due to physical waste? or something like that.
By Revolver_OcelScott
Persona 5 Repress tomorrow and Persona 5 Royal

I already have the 6LP, but definitely grabbing Royal.

Shadow of the Colossus, Cuphead, Rocket League, Journey represses as well tomorrow
By Revolver_OcelScott
inksb wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 1:37 pm Not me. My computer won't run it very well so I'm waiting until I can actually get my hands on a 3070. Until then I'll be working on my back catalog
Missed so many opportunities to get a 3060ti or 3070, and now that I get further into CP2077 I definitely need one and can't get one anywhere. The Newegg/Best Buy stock goes instantly, even if there on the dot.

And here I thought Mondo poster drops were tough.
By texasvinyl
I ordered 3080 strix in September. Every 2 weeks I get an email saying they will get stock in 2 more weeks. At our micro center they camp out nightly and have since September.