Talk about films scores here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By Volzom Zofbie
Piero Umiliani ‎– To-Day’s Sound (Schema 2015)

TO-DAY’S SOUND (1973)

Originally released as a double album and conceived as a collection
of episodes destined to various tv sonorizations, “To-day’s sound” has
quickly become one of the most popular works by Piero Umiliani and it
certainly is one of the best ones composed in his career. Umiliani,
here on the job with Moog, Hammond and keyboards, is accompanied
by a good group of excellent and talented jazz players, like Franco
D’Andrea and Giovanni Tommaso (both in the Perigeo group),
trumpet player Oscar Valdambrini, guitar player Silvano Chimenti
from I Grès group, percussionist Ciro Cicco and many others.
With the original intent to offer radically different styles and
atmospheres, in order to promote the use of the tracks in movies and
tv series – in fact, the the psycho-funk “Open space” was used for
the opening credits of the movie “Baba Yaga” – “To-day’s sound” is
the perfect example of Umiliani’s incredible and varied talent, capable
of mastering diverse genres and sounds without losing his personal
touch. As stated on the cover: “Rock, rhythm and blues, beat,
underground, country, pop”, we can also add electronic music and
funk, in order to complete a sound palette that only very few other
composers had. It is hard to pick the best track in a record (a double
album to be specific ) so rich of gems, from the title track to “Caretera
panamericana” (with “virtuoso” Moog improvisations ), to “Bus stop”
and “Music on the road” , to end with the wonderful soul of “Green
valley”: it is better to enjoy Umiliani at his best

Released: 18/05/2015 – £23.99

Whole album soundclips HERE
By texasvinyl
This is my favorite Umiliani. Mandatory!

I still haven't been able to figure out whether this album was recorded before or after Dark Side Of The Moon.
By Macready
VZ - this is a massive touch-stone record for me, and one I keep coming back to, even within Umiliani's massive catalogue. For someone who listened to virtually zero library music a few years ago - but was getting hooked on soundtracks, funk and exotica - it was instrumental (literally) in bringing me into a new world of adventurous and abstract jams.

As well as being hugely and wonderfully varied, it's also incredibly well produced and performed. Other than parts of Tortoise's 'TNT' I can't think of a record whose sense of open space, tonal balance and musical execution I like as much.

Standout for me is Coast to Coast: I love the way it's both incredibly measured but bristling with energy and anticipation:

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_5-Babh ... 8&index=16[/video]
By Volzom Zofbie
Oscar Rocchi E Il Suo Modern Sound - Erbe Selvatiche (Sonor Music Editions 2015)

Released around mid '70s, this scarce Italian Library composed by maestro Oscar Rocchi was released on the same Fonovideo label of the infamous Giancarlo Barigozzi's WOMAN'S COLOURS, who also probably played in this session. This is one of the finest Funk Breaks even Jazz-Funk samples from the Italian Library circle, with terrific drums breaks, stoned flute, Fuzzy guitars and Fender Rhodes solos. Many tracks here are perfect Bboy samples, and have chipped in to make this LP just legendary. Huge session for a very solid album from the beginning to the end.

180gr. HQ vinyl, €24.99

Bandcamp
By Volzom Zofbie
Puccio Roelens - Research Of Sound (Sonor Music Editions 2015)

From start to finish this album features the most insane Jazz-Funk tunes ever released on a Library LP from Italy. Amleto Armando aka 'Puccio' Roelens was a great and requested composer and arranger of the time, been working for Rai and Vedette Records and being also and orchestra leader and pianist. Along with "ROCK SATELLITE" this a KILLER Funk record all the way through, and the most similar record to mythical Torossi's FEELINGS. Incredible B-boy drum breaks in this session with spacey Fender Rhodes, cosmic Synth, mad Fuzz and treated Wha-Wha, heavy basslines, and huge horns section where Dino Piana Jazz trombone seems to play and so on..

180 gram vinyl, edition of 500. €24.99

Bandcamp
By Volzom Zofbie
Bernard Fevre ‎– The Strange World of Bernard Fevre (Sound Obsession 2015)

An electronic masterpiece full of moogs and analogue drum machines where Fèvre’s deft touch with the synthesizer bring to life alien and eldritch scenes.

Nice re-issue here. Original 1977 disc goes for €200.00 - €300.00!!

Up for pre-order @
HHV.DE for 25,95 €

Norman has it for £15.39!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lgH3cw5cdHQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VZomNej-nqU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TMEg-rOtkH8

Discogs
By deathwaltz
This is what I am talking about.
Thanks for making me spend even more money !
By Vapormeyer
Stupid bloody thread. Wish I'd never seen it.
By deathwaltz
You bloody started it !!!
By Dollarhyde
So the guys behind that im release (sound obsession) are also releasing the disco club, cosmos 2043 and suspense lp's for the UK, via lo recordings. So is this the same press as the private?

Also worth noting from this related article

LINK

The lp's are remastered by fevre from his og master tapes :)

Too many records!!! Hope these are for sale for a while, im all spent.
By texasvinyl
I am wondering how much overlap (if any) there is between this Fevre and the Pr1vate 3LP bundle.
By Dollarhyde
@texas

no songs are repeated on another release if thats what your asking.

Disco club is full on italo disco, albeit not your usual kind of italo disco.

I cant recall cosmos 2043 although im sure I have a rip of it from years ago.

Suspense and The strange world IM Lp are both oddball electronic library jams.
By Volzom Zofbie
Moggi - Omaggio Ad Einstein (Dagored 2015)

Piero Umiliani - Omaggio Ad Einstein
Omaggio ad Einstein', among the many albums of electronic music composed by Piero Umiliani, has a very relevant place. In this homage to the German physicist, Umiliani subverts the rules of space and time in music and creates an album with 23 compositions, all of them less than 2 minutes long, instead of following the traditional 7-10 tracks usually present in an LP.

Reissue of the Omicron 1976 LP.

Preorder: Ready for Shipment at 05.06.2015 (16,95 €)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e7SGEl85P-0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hxAiQ8cFmwA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UIbbGvn9dCQ

Discogs

P.S. Also available as Deluxe Edition - Limited to 500 copies on yellow vinyl in a special 'big hole' jacket. (18,95 €)

By Little Walter
Holy hell . . . library records are out of control right now.

@Volzom - If only you worked on commission for these.
By texasvinyl
One of the umiliani records I don't quite love..it is very strange
By deathwaltz
Easy pass on this from me , no where near up there as his other works
By Vapormeyer
Thank god for that, i can spend no more.
By Volzom Zofbie
Roger Roger ‎– Musique Idiote (Sonitron 2015)

180-gram vinyl. Roger Roger (August 5 1911 - June 12 1995) was a French film composer and bandleader. His aliases included Eric Swan and Cecil Leuter, the latter a pseudonym he used for his electronic productions. He was one of the first, along with Pierre Henry and Jean-Jacques Perrey, to experiment with the Moog synth; his Pop Electronique album was released in 1969, five years after Bob Moog put his synth on the market. Musique Idiote is his super-rare experimental Moogy LP with beautiful cover art, a definitive collector's item for fans of Dada, the absurd, or Monthy Python. It's full of short analog synth compositions on the theme of "extremely annoying and devolved." Kinda like the total madness of a circus calliope album, but more circuit-bent. This is music to bash your brains in with a hammer to! Roger Roger was one of the kings of library music; this album was originally released in 1971 by the French label Neuilly, easily one of the coolest libraries, with a roster that included Janko Nilović, Yan Tregger, Jean Bouchéty, and Nino Nardini.

Esteemed moog fans, listen up: Roger Roger helped popularise the ridiculous electronic instrument and then spent a lot of time experimenting with it, much in the spirit of academic tinkerers Jean-Jacques Perrey and Mort Garson. Musique Idiote is a little unfair as a statement: his moog music was surreal and silly, and its established concept may well have been to be "extremely annoying", but it carved out a niche for excruciating and addictive avant-garde.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JylwDr5bWQs

Norman £19.49 (30,18 USD)

SoundOHM €18.90 (21,06 USD)

Juno £17.75 (27,48 USD)

Discogs
By Dollarhyde
I love this library, surprised at the negativity. This records almost like umiliami does carpenter in places

Although Having said that I would say pass on the reissue and grab an og. There seem to be a lot around 2nd hand due to those lost and found comps.

That og omicron vinyl sounds soo good.
By milliondollars
@Dollarhyde: agreed, it is a great record.

don't get the point though, there are Omicron records that are REALLY rare and deserve a reissue. this record was on auction last week for 30€ if i remember correctly: no bid...
By DrRhythm
According to the Cometa website, the Alessandroni and Tower Of Power reissues aren't too far away - it's been a long time!
By Dollarhyde
Exactly!

God knows how many other gems there are out there, that einstien lp is Background Music number 230!, right?
By texasvinyl
The 4x new Sonor reissues are now listed on forced exposure
By Vapormeyer
And fanatastic they are too.
By milliondollars
@dollahyde: Einstein is Background Music 231, the series starts with 201 and ends with 233