Talk about films scores here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By Dollarhyde
thanks,

I have 230, 231 and 232. So there are 33 in total, not 233.

And I'm assuming to-days sound is not part of this series, right?
By Volzom Zofbie
M. Zalla ‎– Problemi D'Oggi (Black Sweat Records 2015)

Italian maestro Piero Umiliani, during his period of fascination with psychedelic and electronic atmospheres, composed a good number of musical portraits dedicated, as this title reveals, to the problems of his time. In the early '70s, Italians were worried about the mafia, terrorism, and social conflicts; and one can sense that the music represents these anxieties in its experimental nature. Dark, disturbing, and unique in the long and extremely productive career of Piero Umiliani. And if, in 2015, titles like "Mondo in Crisi," "Problemi Sociali," "Azione Sindacale," and "Mafia Oggi" sound sadly relevant, it's even more surprising to find that the music of Problemi d'Oggi (Problems of Today) still sounds alien and unique. The record, released under Umiliani's M. Zalla alias in 1973, presents various styles, from Pink Floyd atmospheres (or The Braen's Machine, if you prefer...) to compositions characterized by a great use of drum machines and Moog synthesizers. One listen to the beginning of the opening track "Produzione" justifies the words of Sean Canty (Demdike Stare), citing the music as the first techno/trance track in history. But between the grooves of this record, reissued here for the first time, it's easy to find moments that many other artist and musicians -- from The Residents to Aphex Twin and Four Tet -- may have caught during their careers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cptcz21bvr4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=940ea8qlUGM

Soundohm €17.90 >LINK<

Discogs

By texasvinyl
Anyone know offhand if anyone in the states distributes for Fabio @ SoundOhm?

Also, To-Days Sound reissue is up at DustyGroove. The other 2x Umiliani and the 2x Lesimans from Schema both seem delayed.
By Volzom Zofbie
^ Contacting Fabio and asking him is easy. Contact info on the bottom of each page on his site.
By freshoj
I order to the states from Fabio all of the time. I usually have him build me a pile until I reach the magic free shipping value (150 euro?) and then send payment. I then get the records within a couple days. AMAZING.

but, maybe that is because Fabio likes me best. ;)
By Volzom Zofbie
Ha! Yeah, and I who was thinking all the time that he likes ME the best, because I buy for an insane amount of money in his shop each month. ;)
No, I think Fabio has enough love for both of us.

Didn't know about the free shipping btw. 150 Euro? Oh noes, this is meaning even more wax from our dear friend.

- Just looked at my previous orders. Four of them are over 150 Euro, but I can't remember anything about free shipping.

Screw it, his shipping (9 Euro) is already extremely fair. So are his prices on wax. Love that guy.
By thewaystation
I have yet to order from Soundohm, but the website (link) details the amounts needed to secure free shipping. Cracking deal, no doubt.
By picnicinthejungle
I can vouch for Fabio Carboni, he is an excellent seller. He has often sent me unexpected extras with my packages that are awesome.

His label Die Schatchel is also brilliant, if I had the money I would love to buy the whole back catalogue.

My last purchase from him was the Feruccio Ascari 7'" Boxset, the first box was lost and he sent me another one immediately. These were limited to 25 copies and 100 euro each. He is the real deal.

Nothing but respect

By texasvinyl
Just got a shipping notice from Cometa Edizioni Musicali for the Alessandroni + Tower of Power reissues, can't see these sticking around forever esp. the Alessandroni.

Between this and Killer Nun it's a good year for Alessandroni releases!
By deafmetal
I also ordered the Alessandroni and Tower of Power reissues, as I was on the hunt for both of those. Thanks for the heads up.

Oh my aching bank...
By texasvinyl
You're telling me! another four Contempo releases, another four from Sonor Music Editions, a bunch of AMS stuff, Dagored releases and $150 of Popol Vuh reissues. And I'm sure more to come. It's a blood bath!
By Volzom Zofbie
^ Record collecting is a curse.
By DrRhythm
It's a beautiful affliction!!
By deafmetal
Not to mention those Lesiman Here-and-Now LP's and Umiliani's To-Day's Sound, which are probably sitting on my doorstep right now... I need to take a staycation just to get caught up on listening. So jelly of you dudes who get to work at home and spin all day long!
By Vapormeyer
Just to add to your woes. A new compilation up for preorder at Norman Records. It's got some big names of the library music staple on it and might be worth a spin:
By Volzom Zofbie
Look what the lovely little postman brought me this morning.

"The Butterfly" is fantastic. The needledrop .. and BOOM! Features some really nice and smooth scat too. Total loungecore.

Discogs link w/ music

Discogs link w/ music
By milliondollars
that butterfly is very nice indeed, especially if you did not know it before but that one in not too exciting because it has been arround for that long.

i an really curious to hear the Tower Of Power and hope Cometa will unearth some more unheard stuff father than reissue that well known stuff...
By Volzom Zofbie
I welcome an affordable re-issue. The original "Butterfly" costs up to €1,500.00 on D.
By texasvinyl
Do not put that T-shirt in the dryer. And if you happen to be a little person, ive got a cool Comets Violence! shirt for you.
By Volzom Zofbie
Oh, but I always let my T-shirts and polos dry on a hanger. I'm a Medium guy, but mostly orders L or XL for comfort. And that Violence LP + T-shirt bundle I just ordered today. It's yellow! Eew.
By Volzom Zofbie
Tullio De Piscopo ‎– Suonando La Batteria Moderna (Archeo Recordings 2015)

This release is individually 1000 hand-numbered limited edition. The first 300 copies are pressed on RED vinyls (AR004).

The heaviest and most sought-after DRUMS BREAKS LIBRARY LP, a true "cult" among DJ and producers.

Discogs Link

Archeo Recordings Link
By blue15
Juno Records will be stocking this - Link
By Vapormeyer
Great hunting @volzom, this looks great. Any more information anywhere about when in June this is released? I only ask as Juno sometimes seem a little slow in getting the copies in from my experience.
By Volzom Zofbie
@Vapor, hhv.de says: Preorder: Ready for Shipment at 19.06.2015 - LINK