Talk about films scores here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By milliondollars
since i am into motorcycles, i love the Harlem Pop Trotters obviously, haha...great stuff @Dollar!

i think i have libraries on wax, dated to 1990. but this must have been the very last year. at least i don't know any older stuff.

have mentioned this in my review on Speleologia a while ago.
By havershaw
@million, I haven’t seen a specific list on Discogs, no. I should try to find it and see how it squares with my list!

Hoping I’ll have all the Dawn cues in a few months.
By milliondollars
here you go:

Dawn OT Dead Full Library list!

i have located a few more and asked the creator of the list to add them but he did not reply yet. since it was in 2016 i doubt i will ever get an answer...

the missing ones from the list are:

The London Big Sound ‎– Tilsley Orchestral No. 4
--> B11 - We Are The Champions

Electric Banana With Tilsley Orchestral
--> A4 - Cause I'm A Man

The International Studio Group ‎– Band 8
--> B3 - Deserted Vaults

happy hunting!
By texasvinyl
Looking at Discogs someone paid €500 for it

I don't know this one or much about Musax label, though apparently I've had the flipper Italian version on my want list for many years.
By havershaw
@million, thanks for that link!
There are a few things on there that weren’t on my list. I think there’s at least one track I know of that isn’t on there.
By milliondollars
just had A.R. Luciani's Jazz In Liberta in my discogs log. $999 for near mint record but bested cover. wondering where this one will show up...great record.
By texasvinyl
Maybe I will list Paesi Del Sud for 25,000 euros and see who is a Luciani superfan. Although I wonder how involved in Jazz in Liberta Luciani really was even though his name is on it.
By milliondollars
once you make it into it, it sounds really fascinating. it took me quite some attempts, haha! this sounds like a score to some weird b-movie space horror flick. was reissued by Creel Pone rated as a classic piece of electronic music. reissue seems to be rarer than the original pressing though...fantastic crappylicious cover art on this one!

https://www.discogs.com/Giuliano-Sorgin ... se/4729834
20190730_064716_resized.jpg
20190730_064716_resized.jpg (550.96 KiB) Viewed 3294 times
By texasvinyl
milliondollars wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 12:37 pm haha! yeah sure...give it a try. you never know. what makes you unsure on Luciani being involved in it, by the way?
It is more robust, not orchestral, you have more Luciani than I do by a long shot but this one is just so very different from anything else I've heard with his name on it. Drums, rhythms, structure. I'd love to hear of a lineup someday on it.
By texasvinyl
Will have to check that one out, 1962 is normally earlier than I look at.

I have been spinning this one a lot lately. Really lovely record which grooves but is also really pretty (Alessandroni strikes again!).
By texasvinyl
Got the Spontaneous reissue in the mail today. It's more than decent, the mix is slightly boomy on the low end. There is some distortion in the brighter frequencies especially noticeable on the clarinet features. Fortunately not too noticeable. The snare on "Green Salad" is nice and crispy, so I bet they just went a little hot on it to help counter the boominess of the low end. "Blue Waves" sounds excellent and pretty well balanced. And "Watergate" sleaze funk opus is sounding mighty fine. My copy is slightly off-center on the A-side, and given the size of the press run it's possible half or all are similarly affected if a bad stamper was used.

The cover is a replica minus the RCA logos which were removed. The color is much darker orange on the reissue, and it got a tip-on upgrade vs pretty thin jacket originally.

Overall they did a nice job, and this is definitely one not to miss. It's just an outstanding record, it boggles the mind this was just production music. It's insane, when you think about it. I think of all the countless American and British trash libraries I've heard over the years with cheese jingles, 15 second commercial stabs, news lead-in cues, and just unspecified crap, but records like this ... ... impossible.

You've got two days left on this link (rip of the RCA press) before it expires: https://wetransfer.com/downloads/35b89e ... 517/67730f
By Jimmy_Mike
Thanks for the review. I picked one up after listening to your rip. Yet another gem in my collection because of these fine folks.
By milliondollars
interesting review @Texas. a much appreciated reissue...

wow!! crazy price tag on that Drammatico! i believe i sold mine for even more in real life but i will stick to my opinion, that this record is a unpleasant listen and there is no better way to throw money out the window, haha! this was your copy? no reason to be sad, unless you are a Panda completist...
By milliondollars
for me the best New Tape, no doubt! what a classy Santucci/Scoppa production! as @Texas said, it is not easy to realize this was made for production purposes only and pressed up in micro batches. what a jewel. people should be grateful for having a good reissue!

i believe Lorenzo from Sonor is selling a OG copy, but you have to get into the Drammatico price range for that one...

https://www.discogs.com/Scoen-Mirage/release/11344724
20190808_064858_resized.jpg
20190808_064858_resized.jpg (725.97 KiB) Viewed 3202 times