Talk about films scores here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By texasvinyl
Also someone just bid $260 for that really forgettable Ayna record... why. Not even Lorenzo could put lipstick on that one... "Dark pastoral" and "prog references" are all he could come up with
By milliondollars
haha! did not see the describtion but i was expecting to see this for even more.

it sounds like one of those privat press stoner folk albums that appear in the Acid Archives book. of course this has nothing to do with the beloved innovative library stuff but it is a nice and enjoyable album in my opinion. the people who bid on this paid more for the rarity than for the music...
By thewaystation
Ha, I made a bid on the Ayna record but was soundly beaten. I really enjoy the three tracks on Lorenzo's Soundcloud - plus, there's @million's five-star-rating, of course ;)
By milliondollars
just read the ebay item describtion and i wonder if Brugnolini was really involved in this? it sounds so much different to his stuff from that era. will try to ask Lorenzo once i get the chance.

rating is four-and-a-half stars only actually @thewaystation :)
By texasvinyl
Who knows LOL the credits are never right!

Speaking of credits, I thought of a challenge list for you. What about a list of potential Alessandroni recordings -- stuff he is not credited for but which can reasonably be suspected he was involved with.

For example I hear tracks on records like Rebus (either N.3 or N.4 I forget), Renosto Major, Sfere Luminose and so many others that I really hear Alessandro in some of the tracks because of clues in the arrangements, key changes, instrumentation, stylistic choices etc. For example I was listening to Divagazioni today and this track https://youtu.be/0Ugr4rSb4is sounds like it has to be Alessandro. Maybe I am hearing things in my imagination, but I think it would be a really fun and interesting project.
By texasvinyl

At least one track on here might be Alessandroni. The other Carillo record (Henry Stone Orchestra) has one as well, so I wonder what his involvement might have been. Credits are only Elvio Monti & Mustang (aka Monti)
By milliondollars
nice to see that Action record! also...the Spontaneous is a very welcome reissue. that one is seriously one of Alessandronis best works.

speaking of Alessandroni. funny challenge @Tex. i suggest a easier way. grab your best italian libs. throw out the electronic obscurities and leave the most melodic stuff in there. throw the Alessandroni stuff out....now, with a blindfold on, pick every second record from that pile. the chance that Alessandroni is on records from the remaining pile is BIG! haha...
By texasvinyl
Or maybe not everything he worked on, but rather the tracks that jump off the record as obvious Alessandroni progressives, like on this Esperimenti it almost doesn't belong on the record, then boom there it is.

Spinning this great Impress LP this morning. Nice jazz-funk, whole record is pretty good. Tough to find but it was very inexpensive.

By texasvinyl
I never thought I'd have this record, and I admit to massively overpaying like a tool. But I sold lots of things recently at pie in the sky prices so I regret nothing!!

By havershaw
whooaaaa, @texas, that is one of my major wants.

The reissue is still like $50 and I’ve been having to pace myself cause of all the library stuff.

That’s killer!
By milliondollars
texasvinyl wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:18 pm I never thought I'd have this record,...
can we change the mindset here, please? i rather want to hear statements like:
"i always knew, i am going to have this record one day,..." haha!

inspiered me to pull my copy out, even if i do this on festive days only. you have N.1 as well? that one is very good but a bit overshadowed by N.2 obviously...

https://www.discogs.com/Alessandro-Ales ... se/5497614
20190712_061714_resized.jpg
20190712_061714_resized.jpg (730.7 KiB) Viewed 1978 times
Last edited by milliondollars on Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
By milliondollars
was trying to sort and categorize some stuff yesterday. i think i will never be satisfied with it but have accidently found this (moderate) similarity. never have noticed it before. excuse my bullshit snapshot! for the library aficionado only...

https://www.discogs.com/Daniela-Casa-Am ... se/4525959
https://www.discogs.com/Arawak-Accadde- ... se/3232363
20190712_061122_resized.jpg
20190712_061122_resized.jpg (296.55 KiB) Viewed 1978 times
By milliondollars
by the way, don't forget...it's the 1500€ blow out today. every record is one and a half grand, as much as you can take... :)
1500€ blowout.JPG
1500€ blowout.JPG (103.97 KiB) Viewed 1957 times
By deafmetal
@million - wow, what a.... sale.

There was a nice copy of Amore Libero on YJA for the last month or two that nobody bid on. I think the seller dropped it down to 32k yen before finally giving up.
By texasvinyl
Boy, Marco is really swinging for the fences!! I believe he spent a large sum to acquire a high end collection and is trying to recoup.
By texasvinyl

Another one with a totally out of the blue Alessandroni progressive towards the end that is beautiful but doesn't fit on the record at all. Very random. The record is otherwise great, better than I remember with several great psych laced parts.
By havershaw
First of my Dawn of the Dead De Wolfe acquisitions - the whole record is pretty solid!
Attachments
287C2D8B-12A2-4282-B591-FC546C17C2EA.jpeg
287C2D8B-12A2-4282-B591-FC546C17C2EA.jpeg (2.56 MiB) Viewed 1928 times
By milliondollars
nice one @havershaw!!!

did you see that discogs list with cues? would love to complete this list one day but i am very far from it. it is so much fun collectong Dawn Of The Dead cues...
By milliondollars
just playing this obscure 80s beauty from one of Leonardi's numerous offshoots. seldom seen record, at least for me. beautifully refreshing synth stuff with a few cues going below the water surface. the cover art is a winner.

just realized, this was released on NRE the same year and some clips are available on youtube.

https://www.discogs.com/Fernando-Fera-G ... e/11163684
20190716_064124_resized.jpg
20190716_064124_resized.jpg (810.15 KiB) Viewed 1881 times
By Dollarhyde
Some epic vinyl going down in here!

@million i see that Azzurra is from 1988, I wonder when the last library lps were pressed?

Technically not a library but an instrumental LP produced intirely by library session dudes, and it's as funky as hell.