Talk about films scores here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By texasvinyl
I'm curious to hear! The dejavu is very solid, but there is some room for improvement compared to the sermi. I like the dejavu cover, they did an awesome job with the replica art on a heavier jacket.

Currently spinning Mondo Operaio, santucci + scoppa are so good
By texasvinyl
Ps if you have not ordered the Alessandroni ost from sonor it is selling out fast. I had my rappcats order cancelled and had to buy one from Europe.
By havershaw
Whoa, I literally just ordered it from Rappcats a couple of hours ago and so far, so good.

EDIT: Oh you mean the recently released OST - mine arrived today actually! I thought you meant that butterfly record.
By inksb
havershaw wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 11:04 pm Whoa, I literally just ordered it from Rappcats a couple of hours ago and so far, so good.

EDIT: Oh you mean the recently released OST - mine arrived today actually! I thought you meant that butterfly record.
My copy of the OST is MIA right now along with 16 other packages :(
It left LA 2 weeks ago. I have a sneaking suspicion I'm going get a bunch of fucked up records next month if at all.
As for the new butterfly record (E IL SUO COMPLESSO) that has sold on Sonor's bandcamp. I ordered that and the Morricone OST the moment they hit rappcats.
By havershaw
inksb wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 11:39 pm As for the new butterfly record (E IL SUO COMPLESSO) that has sold on Sonor's bandcamp. I ordered that and the Morricone OST the moment they hit rappcats.
I saw that it was sold out on Bandcamp and immediately headed over to Rappcats and ordered both.

This has been a bad couple of months for mail.
I have 7 Chappell records floating somewhere in the ether.
By havershaw
And I definitely had records take an insane amount of time to get to me in Nov and Dec.
I always assume they’re going to arrive trashed, and then they end up being fine, so maybe you’ll be ok.
By texasvinyl
Ok with a new alessandroni ost in the mail I picked my favorite ten alessandroni records-- ones with only his name (so no rino + alessandro, braen machine etc to muddy the water)

Would you add or remove any from the top ten? Is it even possible to rank these?

Prisma Sonoro
A Trip Around the World
Panoramic Feelings
Spontaneous
Alessandro Alessandroni (farfalla Sr st 132)
Alessandroni e il suo complesso (blue farfalla)
Ust 370
Open air parade
Ritmo Dell'Industria N2
New farfalla

But that order probably changes a lot based on which ones I listened to more recently.

Bonus: which one of the ten is the original vintage pressing?
Attachments
PXL_20201223_031030955~3.jpg
PXL_20201223_031030955~3.jpg (2.73 MiB) Viewed 2316 times
By havershaw
I have no idea from looking at them which one is OG, but I’ll guess either UST 370 or Prisma Sonoro.

These would also be my top 10 for sure, though I’d also be tempted to put Angoscia in there somewhere too. I’m not sure what I could bump for that, though.
By inksb
I have not heard UST 370 or Panoramic Feelings. To the internet I go to give them a listen. Seems like both have a US seller on discogs for under $40 for a copy. May have to pick them up.
By havershaw
I also love Sangue Di Sbirro, as far as AA records go.

I haven’t heard the new OST yet - hoping to have some time tomorrow, now that I’m finally off work for the holidays.
By texasvinyl
I have been waiting to hear it too until I get the LP. I heard a short preview clip that was enough to sell me in an instant.

UST 370 is like 1970s AA gumbo, there is a little bit of all of what he was doing around that time on it. Panoramic Feelings is close to a perfect record and my favorite thing I Cantori Moderni di Alessandroni ever recorded. It is bliss with headphones on. and stuff like "North Wind" has the dynamic energy of stuff like Spiagge Azzurre from open air parade.

https://www.discogs.com/Alessandro-Ales ... ter/903191

By inksb
texasvinyl wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 3:17 am Ok with a new alessandroni ost in the mail I picked my favorite ten alessandroni records-- ones with only his name (so no rino + alessandro, braen machine etc to muddy the water)
What are your top 5 (or 10) Alessandroni that are not limited to just his name?
By texasvinyl
A couple of the ones @milliondollars is hoarding and I've never found hahaha

Nel mondo del lavoro as girolamo ugolini
Tema Amore
Vacanze
Shopping in carnaby is a favorite
The l'ora del cocktail with amadeo Tommasi is amazing
Mostra collettiva
Braens machine underground (man I couldn't afford this when one appeared a couple years ago, too bad!!)
Carnet turistico
L'avventura n.2
Temi ritmici e dinamici
Intermezzi 04A "Jazz"
La Natura E L'Uomo
Il Mondo Della Natura

I am sure several/many others I'm not remembering

Also I forgot Inchiesta in the top ten! Better make it top eleven...
By havershaw
I hadn’t done this in a while: not quite blind-buying, but I’ll only check out a track or two if the record is cheap enough, so there’s still some mystery for me when the records arrive. Again, only really plausible when they’re fairly inexpensive.
Found these all cheap from one seller a few weeks ago, made an even cheaper offer on all of them, and tonight they all arrived!
FE907228-7512-4C09-B68B-1485FA00EB55.jpeg
FE907228-7512-4C09-B68B-1485FA00EB55.jpeg (585.1 KiB) Viewed 2245 times
By Molnbär av John
I'm excited to hear what you all think of the new edition of Alessandro Alessandroni E Il Suo Complesso (SP 110) that's being released on Sonor Music Edition. It wasn't an easy task especially since modern manufacturers doesn't leave you with that many nice options for making the sleeves. We also considered the tip-on sleeve, as the 2005 edition, but decided to stay as close to the original as possible. In other words a standard sleeve, without this nice spine that flattens out on the top and bottom, that many Italian sleeves had around that time.

Instead of making a scan-the-original-and-print solution did I try to rebuild as many parts as possible by sourcing the typography (not 100% correct, but almost) with some minor changes and adjustments like the "Psichedelico" typo on the label (that's also been corrected on the SR SP 110 pressing) plus added new credits and logos (unavoidable unfortunately). Labels are being printed with pantone 877 C silver as the original Sermi releases. The critical part is the colours since the paper on the original sleeve is more yellow (at least on the copies I've seen) and I've used the white of the paper instead, which will be more optical white than off white. I thought it will look better with time doing it like that instead of trying to make that yellowing effect in the print. No printed barcodes on the sleeve at least.
1.JPG
1.JPG (157.81 KiB) Viewed 2223 times
2.JPG
2.JPG (152.33 KiB) Viewed 2223 times
Since you are all enthusiasts, please let me know what you think if you decide to buy it. Would be glad to get some feedback to take with me for forthcoming projects.

Regarding an AA top ten, it's not an easy pick. Besides his lounge masterpieces (mentioned above) am I enjoying his releases on Coloursound a lot (especially Romance and Drama) and Angoscia. One that I listen to a lot is Sensazioni Sonore on Silver by him and Kema: https://www.discogs.com/Alessandro-Ales ... e/11012678. It's really beautiful, especially if you like his world of melodies and soft sounds played by two guitars. It reminds me of Mostra Collettiva, even if the arrangements are completely different.

Happy holidays everyone! I'm John and I've been following this thread off and on for some years and been enjoying it a lot.
By Molnbär av John
texasvinyl wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 3:17 am Ok with a new alessandroni ost in the mail I picked my favorite ten alessandroni records-- ones with only his name (so no rino + alessandro, braen machine etc to muddy the water)

Would you add or remove any from the top ten? Is it even possible to rank these?

Prisma Sonoro
A Trip Around the World
Panoramic Feelings
Spontaneous
Alessandro Alessandroni (farfalla Sr st 132)
Alessandroni e il suo complesso (blue farfalla)
Ust 370
Open air parade
Ritmo Dell'Industria N2
New farfalla

But that order probably changes a lot based on which ones I listened to more recently.

Bonus: which one of the ten is the original vintage pressing?
A Trip Around The World is the vintage pressing. The reissue has been very poorly made and looks like this:

R-13424112-1553944960-7627.jpeg.jpg
R-13424112-1553944960-7627.jpeg.jpg (197.4 KiB) Viewed 2222 times
By texasvinyl
Thanks for the colorsound recs I will look for those. The silver has been on my want list for many years but never even seen a picture of one before!

I did hear not great reviews of the trip around the world repress. This same label is reissuing Meccanizzazione, I hope they don't do a bad job. That's another one like the silver, invisible
By texasvinyl
I just ordered a farfalla I will write a review of it and compare to the original and dejavu. It looks great and so nice to see the loving treatment!!
By havershaw
I ordered Alessandro Alessandroni E Il Suo Complesso through Rappcats a few days ago too, so I’m looking forward to hearing how it sounds vs the 2005 reissue!

I love both Angoscia and Romance and Drama. Never even heard the silver one!

I had both the green and black vinyl reissues of Trip Around the World...the green was super noisy and the black was a lot better (though wasn’t perfect).

@texas thanks for all of those recommends - I have some of them (didn’t I get Carnet Turistico from you?), but a lot of those are totally new to me.
By thewaystation
I love Alessandroni‘s “Light and Heavy Industry“ on Coloursound as well. Great to learn about the yellowing of the sleeve being factored in. Fascinating attention to detail, thanks for the insight, John!
By Molnbär av John
Please let me know what you think and thanks for purchasing. I'm interested to hear the comparison between the Déjà Vu and other copies of the original pressing.

Indeed, the AA's on Coloursound are very underrated. Both Romance & Drama and Light and Heavy Industry are excellent. Guitar Poetry is nice too, but then I prefer the Sensazioni Sonore on Silver since it's acoustic guitars and a 70s recording with much warmer sound. I made a mix for Mr Bongo lately and used a song from that one as the opening track. You can listen to it here: https://soundcloud.com/mrbongo/mr-bongo ... no-records

@texas, both Meccanizzazione and Sensazioni Sonore was sold on Discogs lately and went to good homes.
Last edited by Molnbär av John on Sun Dec 27, 2020 9:51 am, edited 3 times in total.
By texasvinyl
It's better I didn't see them!! I pretend discogs doesn't exist when I don't have extra to buy stuff

I love this record and appreciate milliondollars for selling his spare copy, it gets frequent spins
Attachments
PXL_20201226_232458928~2.jpg
PXL_20201226_232458928~2.jpg (893.22 KiB) Viewed 2172 times
By Mateo Sanboval
That is one of my absolute faves right there, Tex. I'd love to hear how an OG compares to the Sonor repress.