Talk about films scores here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By milliondollars
^that Alessandroni is nice, in fact, all four on Coloursound are nice Spence, i like Light And Heavy Industry the best...
By milliondollars
[quote=64485]Good god. Outstanding. The mere thought of starting to seriously collect library labels as well as OSTs literally brings me out in a cold sweat though, if I’m honest. The days of picking those things up for buttons are pretty well over aren’t they?

So….if you could just quietly let this thread die, that would be great thanks!

Do you guys dig Nino Nardini btw? Along with Roger Roger, those are guys which are definitely on my radar. The track “Escapade” is probably the single best library track I’ve ever heard (it’s on this awesome WFMU mix…)

https://wfmu.org/playlists/shows/60305

[/quote]

@disco: days of cheap libraries are definitely over... i remember this Nino Nardini was a 20-30€ record like 10-15 years ago. just sold one of my copies for 350€ on discogs last month. i just threw one in for fun and did not expect somebody to buy it immediately but these original pressings seem to be in huge demand.

it is one of the classic albums of the genre and highly recommended to anybody.

By milliondollars
picked this one up recently and i am really impressed! it just blew me away as i never expect to hear something like this on the Bruton label. in fact so creepy my kids insisted on playing another record after the first tunes and they are used to some other stuff...

witchcraft, black mass, necromancy...you name it, you got it. it's all there.

highly recommended to all fans of horror music!

the John Cameron tunes are outstanding
By discophagus
Just a quick heads up for you library lovers: Cometa just reissued the Alessandroni "Butterfly" album, true classic and one of the most rare and expensive lps from the maestro discography. Must have!

Check it out here: LINK

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6SsSx5eATf0[/video]
By DrRhythm
Absolutely - I've had it on pre-order since late March so hope they start shipping soon!
By Vapormeyer
Good news, been waiting a while but well worth the wait.
By deathwaltz
Light and Heavy industry is just behind this in the collection - totally amazing
By deathwaltz
Milliondollars I'm not sure the days of cheap Library gets are gone , they certainly are on discogs etc but you can still find stuff in stores if you mooch hard enough .
Library does seem to be the 'next big thing' thought with all these reissues kicking around.
By freshoj
Grand Royal Magazine was so cool - Lee Perry primers, Thurston's top ten free jazz joints, etc.

Minor quibble on "The In Sound From Way Out" - it is actually a compilation of Beastie Boys instrumentals from other records. (which doesn't mean it isn't an homage as described - clearly the cover is and clearly they always wore their inspirations on their sleeves)

here is my most recent library pickup:

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=12&v=8_9IA2U0fwY[/video]

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n3VTMLbsd8k[/video]

discogs LINK
By discophagus
I have been today at Cometa Headquarter to pick my copy as they came yesterday from the plant. It's a 180g pressing! They will start shipping very soon!
By Vapormeyer
Really looking forward to receiving this.
By deathwaltz
Here's a bit of a tip pop pickers and perfect for those that want Library vibez without the Library prices!

Brian Bennet
Voyage - A Journey into discoid funk

DISCOGS LINK

You can pick it up at the link above for around a tenner .

This is THE EXACT SAME RECORD as the Bruton release Fantasia that usually sells for £50+ and can be found here

DISCOGS LINK

The record is amazing and it's totally worth picking up.

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ao5uiWUzMx4[/video]

Thank you and you're welcome
By Vapormeyer
@Spencer This is a fantasic record that's still easy to pick up and one I often play to those unfamiliar with the genre as it's really accessible and downright cosmic. Didn't know it was the same as the Bruton release which is interesting. I'm currently listening to the i gres series which sure is some of the best 'library' music i've heard. Can't wait for the represses from Cometa. I'll have to listen to the CD comp until it happens.

By milliondollars
exactly Spence!

went for the Bruton one as I got it for cheap though. this record has been a mystery for me for a long time. arround 15 years ago i heard one tune as an interlude for an mixtape and never could find out what it was. great record but beware, there are some differences between the DJM and Bruton and i consider the Bruton the better pressing...

By deathwaltz
There are no differences in the tracklisting at all , track titles are different but the tracks are the same .
Pressing on the other version is fine !
By milliondollars
sorry for bitching arround but there are diferences. just realized that there is even a discogs comment that is explaining the difference:

http://www.discogs.com/Brian-Bennett-Fa ... se/1964389

"Track A1 has an "alternate ending" (approx 15 seconds) on the BRI10 version - a short interlude before A2, which does not feature on the gatefold "Spaceship" picture sleeve version."

i think there are even some more differences mix and mastering but i have to investigate first...

By StrangeVices
I think we just posted the same picture @Spencer hah
By Vapormeyer
This is nice, still easy to pick up:
By chuck
This just landed Cometa Edizione. Somehow I managed to knacker the stylus on my cart again, so this'll have to wait. Gutted.

By Vapormeyer
@chuck One of my very favourites that.
By chuck
I can't wait to spin it.