Talk about films scores here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By milliondollars
i've been at home with my family for two weeks now which must have been the strangest but loveliest times of my life. pulled many old boxes from the basement, like early funk & soul that i was hunting in the 90s as a little kid, haha!
among many other things i really enjoyed this almost classic album by El Michels Affair, which has that certain library sound . the title Sounding Out The City matches quite well because the city was sounding vivid and even funky not too long ago. during the nighttime i have played Suoni Di Una Citta (which is the same title as the El Michels Affair record). this is such a fantastic Luciani masterpiece and it is the perfect contrast, since the city sounds so empty today. lovely ambient experimental stuff using some great field recordings. this record sounds like you slip out the house in darkness for a walk through the abandoned and quiet city...fantastic piece of art. luckily this was reissued by Finders Keepers.

https://www.discogs.com/El-Michels-Affa ... ase/557300
https://www.discogs.com/Maria-Teresa-Lu ... se/4523105
20200331_072954_resized.jpg
20200331_072954_resized.jpg (711.61 KiB) Viewed 3764 times
By sostark
Absolutely love that Maria Teresa Luciani record...been dying to hear a rip of Barocco 2000 and figure out if I need an original. The reissue from Finders Keepers has incredible notes, and at least pushes the legitimacy that it is truly Maria and not her brother Antonio Riccardos music. The latest Dead Cert ( Finders Keepers sister label) compilation of Antonio Riccardo Luciani is incredible and features one tune in particular that sounds like an outtake from Sounds of the City. I love how confusing and indecipherable/impenetrable the alias and varied work of the maestros will lead you in a haunted mansion of styles and questions.
By havershaw
I have (and love) that El Michels Affair record - I think I have all of their records and they’re all pretty great, but that one is the one that got me into them.
By milliondollars
sostark wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 6:04 am Absolutely love that Maria Teresa Luciani record...been dying to hear a rip of Barocco 2000 and figure out if I need an original. The reissue from Finders Keepers has incredible notes, and at least pushes the legitimacy that it is truly Maria and not her brother Antonio Riccardos music. The latest Dead Cert ( Finders Keepers sister label) compilation of Antonio Riccardo Luciani is incredible and features one tune in particular that sounds like an outtake from Sounds of the City. I love how confusing and indecipherable/impenetrable the alias and varied work of the maestros will lead you in a haunted mansion of styles and questions.
i don't know if Barocco 2000 is really that good? never heard that one...a rip would help for sure, haha!
you really think this record is made by his daughter? even if i did not read the liner notes, i believe how cool they are. but seriously, there are a few hints that really poing towards her father...he is a uncrowned master by the way. can't tell you how much i have enjoyed some of his experimental records...
By milliondollars
havershaw wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 8:01 am I have (and love) that El Michels Affair record - I think I have all of their records and they’re all pretty great, but that one is the one that got me into them.
this was the record that put me on El Michels Affair in 2002. i made a mix tape the same year that was really not bad! :) Soul Fire is a label, that i have bought every single release without hearing it. i think i still have the complete discography. another label that has put me on library music...
By milliondollars
another Luciani masterpiece and one that matches the current mood quite well. some people from the LMT consider this the best electronic library ever and somehow i think they are right :)

this should be reissued by Finders Keepers as well...full album on youtube by the way!

https://www.discogs.com/DH-Kimball-Mare ... se/9153266
20200331_211402_resized.jpg
20200331_211402_resized.jpg (667.59 KiB) Viewed 3733 times
By havershaw
also, I don’t think I’ve posted all of my Patchwork before, but here they are.
B5C998D4-09E6-41C9-B0F2-CF5FA99F0DDA.jpeg
B5C998D4-09E6-41C9-B0F2-CF5FA99F0DDA.jpeg (396.52 KiB) Viewed 3682 times
I decided tonight to start ripping all of these Patchwork. I’ve only got 5 done so far, and they’re just going to be single WAV files (I don’t think I’ll have time to break them down track by track), and the records range from VG+ to NM, so you’ll hear the occasional crackle here and there. I’m not going to go crazy mastering these or really cleaning them up - I just wanted to burn some CDs of them so I could listen to them in my car.

aaaanyway, DM me if you want any of these and I’ll be happy to send you a link to download them once I have them all done.
By havershaw
milliondollars wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 6:38 am great shot @havershaw!

looking forward to see a rip of #34 :)
I am on 34 as I type this!

It’s a bummer that some of these records, while looking pristine, are fairly noisy. I knew this, but had forgotten which were the worst. I had planned to get them all ultra-sonically cleaned, which usually makes them perfect, but then the world started to end.
I did clean a few with an old RCA vinyl cleaner I bought years ago, and it did seem to help the noise on some of them.

Ironically, I just put 34 on, and that one *looks* like a low end VG+ and it’s the most flawless sounding one so far, haha. A couple of tics here or there but still one of the nicest (most of the ones that were more important to me are really nice).
By Jimmy_Mike

This record will always remind me of this board. The velvet covered first issue brought out some forum members' hilarious sensory aversions.
By Vapormeyer
Ha ha, I remember that. Played this just yesterday with mixed reactions from the kids. I always think that it is the greatest record ever though to capture the feel of its subject and title.
By Jimmy_Mike
Vapormeyer wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 5:21 pm Ha ha, I remember that. Played this just yesterday with mixed reactions from the kids. I always think that it is the greatest record ever though to capture the feel of its subject and title.
Completely agree.
By havershaw
I don’t think I’ve checked this one out and it sounds like I need to? I just got a Macchi triple LP from this series and I love it.
By texasvinyl
This is my favorite Macchi record for exact reasons stated above. Citta Notte and Voix are the other two Macchi records I listen to most often.
By Vapormeyer
I picked up a test pressing last year and it's one of my very favourite records. If you put it on and concentrate you can almost smell the desert and feel the heat. Its very hypnotic, fantastic stuff.
By Jimmy_Mike
havershaw wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 7:36 pm I don’t think I’ve checked this one out and it sounds like I need to? I just got a Macchi triple LP from this series and I love it.
Dont fuck around. Get the beige furry copy. It is your destiny.
By Steve Powder
I sold my Furry copy :O, the later press was superior in every way. Dead silent. Genti Il Deserto is hypnotic,well actually the whole thing is hypnotic but that track is like holding you in a clutch
By havershaw
Steve Powder wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 6:23 pm I sold my Furry copy :O, the later press was superior in every way. Dead silent. Genti Il Deserto is hypnotic,well actually the whole thing is hypnotic but that track is like holding you in a clutch
I’m slightly glad to hear this because the later press is way cheaper, haha.