Talk about films scores here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By milliondollars
really impressed by this Boneschi and many thanks to you @Dollarhyde for recommending this one a few years ago! CML 062 is such a beautifully strange (or rather strangely beautiful?) record. those voices are extremely entertaining. kind of spooky, kind of weird, kind of scary, kind of pleasant, kind of fun! one of a kind record...haha!

https://www.discogs.com/Giampiero-Bones ... se/6366394
20191004_065542_resized.jpg
20191004_065542_resized.jpg (818.62 KiB) Viewed 2830 times
By texasvinyl

Not Marchetti's best but definitely interesting and with its own charms. Lots of world music influence implemented in uncharacteristic ways. Solistium, Iris and Equinox are all better, but I still like this especially tracks like Lagoon, Blue Rabbit and Evening.

Alessandroni, I think a frequent uncredited collaborator with Marchetti, lends his talents with a healthy infusion of I Cantori magic, a little whistling and perhaps also some guitar and arrangement magic.
By milliondollars
have been watching this unknown record on ebay for at least two years (if not even longer?) and could not find any references or information about it. the space topic of this record plus the composer Olivio Di Domenico (who looks like he migh be Charlie Sheen's ancestor, by the way) has finally made me pull the trigger...and i can't tell how surprised and happy i am. the dramatic, adventurous and thrilling orchestrated cues sound very familiar. basically like any other cues you might have heard on TV during the 60s in space-themed movies or documentaries. there is a fine difference, that makes this record so special but also really weird. the composers have added layers of electronic space and underwater effects to the tracks, that make the final cuts sound so gripping and even exaggeratedly funny at times. totally unique and enjoyable and it is one of the most original space libraries that i have ever heard to this day. wondering if they ever made a vol.2 of this? another question is whether these effects were inteneded from the beginning or if the compositions sounded too lame so they felt they have to add some extra spice to them...? i guess we will never know. anyway, this is one that it's worth to seek out for...

https://www.discogs.com/Carmine-Rizzo-C ... e/14159626
20191007_065618_resized.jpg
20191007_065618_resized.jpg (989.1 KiB) Viewed 2772 times
By texasvinyl
Sounds interesting @million

I bought this for a cheap price years ago. Wasn't a big fan, shelved it and haven't revisited it since. I still really hate the B side and can't even listen to it. Super bright, cheesy crap. But.... The A side I find more intriguing these days. Side A has six labor themed tracks with names like "house work," but they're done with in like a lo-fi sleazy pastoral style, like imagine "Hotline Bling" but the tracks are from 1981 about manual labor. It's no Zoo Folle, but I'm glad I've hung onto this one.
By texasvinyl
poll -- I have a Music Scene library with TRF stickers -- one over the Music Scene # on the front cover, and label-sized stickers over the entire A and B side labels. TRF is a very strange label. It had a New York address but an all-Italian roster. There is some definite but not seemingly not well-documented crossover with Music Scene, Paloma, Sparrow, Jump/Ring/Fonovideo etc.

I would be able to easily remove these labels- the glue is toast and doesn't seem to have left a residue- but should I? Leaning towards leaving them alone-feel like they add character and color the provenance of the record. I wonder if the TRF license or imprint had any success or was kind of like a failed experiment.
By texasvinyl

Holiday for voices. superb stuff. Imagine scat jazz choir stuff like I cantori style but they sound more Brian Wilson/Beach boys-esque in parts. There are some really nice tracks on this one.
By milliondollars
is that Holliday for Voices on Sound Ways? i like that one!

agreed on TFT, such a weird demeanor! i wouldn't be surprised if this was part of a offshore company, haha!

***edit***
now i got it! it is the Music Scene one...this one is nice. it is like the happiness overdose version of the Minus Vocal Group record which really fantastic by the way. more mellow than Holliday for Voices...
Last edited by milliondollars on Tue Oct 08, 2019 8:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
By milliondollars
by the way, a copy of Rengran Mix on New Tape sold for 500€ on discogs yesterday which is not bad (but from the sellers point of view only...)
By texasvinyl
Kind of regret not snagging one of these a couple years back. It was 1000 which I thought was crazy but probably not crazy for this particular record (brugnolini's best)
By milliondollars
this is not bad! almost a grand for these records. super rare but somebody should pay me a grand if i succeed listening to all four sides without having an outbreak of sweating. (just joking) i bet somebody will enjoy these a lot. different strokes for different folks though...

***edit***
Cinedelic has reissued this with some extra cues i believe
14-10.2019.JPG
14-10.2019.JPG (33.38 KiB) Viewed 2592 times
By milliondollars
totally forgot to mention this fine record which might be suitable for the STBC folks and has revisited the turntable frequently since a few weeks. i missed the first pressing and luckily a second came around.

according to the composers, the music is inspired by ethiopian jazz, old school horror flicks and library music. that quirky organ is just killing it. The Horror is my joint and even my kids dance (or rather creep?) along...

https://www.discogs.com/The-Sorcerers-T ... e/14161859
20190930_202120_resized.jpg
20190930_202120_resized.jpg (759.38 KiB) Viewed 2569 times
By texasvinyl

I was able to track down a cheap copy of this Gazzani record. It's maybe under the radar. Not a listener all the way through but 'Amori Finiti' is an outstanding easy/bossa lounge number and 'Underdrama' is a three minute break beat suspense killer with nice mic'd up drums, funky guitar and bass and the magic Italian string accents. Well worth seeking out for these two tracks.
By texasvinyl

A wonderful person sold me their copy of this record. I have been after one for some time, but these fonit can be pretty tricky to find. I love the record, it's definitely a listener - every track is incredible. Sublime Italian jazz and my favorite from this B series and I think probably one of the best Fonit libraries overall. It is credited to Coscia and one track to Formini. I don't know the names. Coscia is apparently an accordionist. If I had to guess, I might wonder if this is actually Dino Piana + Oscar Valdambrini on trombone and trumpet, Antonello Vannuchi on piano and organ, and maybe Sergio Conti on the drums? Not sure on bass and guitar, I'd like to know... maybe the same as Atom Flowers. Tommaso & Baroncini? And recorded sound workshop studio would be my guess. But it just has to be Oscar and Dino project. It's a fucking GREAT record, the guy shouldn't have sold it!!! I must have played the Schema CD a hundred times in my car.

@million any idea the lineup?
By milliondollars
^haha! i know who this "wonderful person" is... :)

anyway, this is a fun pop record but i have no clue who might be behind this record. that cranky organ sounds familiar and the whole record reminds me of the Iron Stars album which i like even more for it's freakness. peep over here...the whole album is a fantastic and highly recommended if you see one.

you may want to visit the library music themes forum. the home of the al library experts (which i am not).
By havershaw
@texas, I’ve been dying to know if that particular record was good - there doesn’t seem to be any version of it online anywhere that I could find.