Talk about films scores here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By milliondollars
wow. seen the Four Flies stuff and going to check Superground. also, very good to see Philopsis as it is a great record. not going to support it because these guys have treated me more than poorly in the past...
By Dollarhyde
@million

It says remastered but I'm presuming this will be a vinyl rip. Philopsis is a bit overated imo. It always frustrated me that those processed drum beats and synth bass were pulled way back in the mix.

Its one of the most peculiar libraries out there but no way one of the best.
Schifters and challenger are better freesounds imo.
That being said I recently sold my copy of philopsis so that may be pursuading my opinion.
Superground sounds killer though definitely aim to pick up a copy
I mean track 1 is called Sharon Tate. Track 2 Villa Polanski !
By sostark
Wow--interesting. I hear some similarities between Philopsis and Synthesizers Unlimited Electric Bazaar (while admittedly preferring Synthesizers Unlimited). Philopsis strikes me as pretty quality, so its interesting to see/hear disinterest in a reissue I thought would be cause for celebration. I'm pretty geeked about it :) Hopefully I wont be disappointed with Diggers Digest.

On a different note I'm REALLY hoping the reissue of Futuribile means an Electronic Designs reissue isn't too far off... I wrote Four Flies but I don't think I'll hear back. Just gotta keep making offerings to the library gods...
By texasvinyl
Newly announced, Sonor is reissuing Alessandroni's Open Air Parade!

What it lacks in consistency compared to Panoramic Feelings or Spontaneous it makes up for in spades with explosive creativity and an ambitious fusion of seemingly disparate musical styles into this wonderful mosaic. One of his best.
By Dollarhyde
@sos Im not saying its bad record in fact I love it but imo I would put schifters and challenger above philopsis. I was quite obesssed with those freesound records for a time. They are a great example of how truly odd library music can be.

Im also dubious as to the quality of the reissue, this is all assumption though. It would be awesome if they were able to get hold of the masters of these sessions. The drums in steel mongoes (from philopsis) I think are the same drums but processed (ring modulator?) from the track old timmy on schifters.
By sostark
Insane mail in the span of 24 hours. All of them sound INCREDIBLE and the detail is breathtaking. Awesome liner notes on the Brugnolini album/comp penned by the man himself, which are just informative and elusive enough that you shake your head and just enjoy the gift that is the music. Not sure I can pick a favorite out of these three. Library reissue game is on point.
By milliondollars
wow!! some super nice lot @sostark!

that Futuribile must sound really good on 2LP. is it a gatefold?

really need to get the Superground. does it come with download code?
By milliondollars
played this one yesterday and my kids want a little crazy in a funny way. only now, looking at discogs i can see that a experienced collector has found out, that these cues come from the Usignolo "C" series.

i really don't understand how and where the Hayman/Boneschi connection comes from and my guess is that these two have never met in person, nor knen of each other. a interesting discogs comment makes a educated guess, saying they have used these Boneschi songs and have wrapped hem in a Hayman album as Boneschi was unknown in the states.

anyway, i really thing that this is one of his funkiest albums and i really love the selection. if you should spot this for cheap, do not hesitate...

https://www.discogs.com/Richard-Hayman- ... se/8781522
20190921_103426_resized.jpg
20190921_103426_resized.jpg (767.47 KiB) Viewed 2785 times
***edit***
thanks @sostark for the video!

Last edited by milliondollars on Fri Sep 27, 2019 6:20 am, edited 2 times in total.
By havershaw
thanks for posting that Daydream, @million. Never heard it and I love it.

If anyone’s got a Daydream in the US that they’re willing to part with, I’ll happily take it off your hands. Plenty in Europe but I am *trying* to put the brakes on a little bit, and shipping is always a killer from there.
By sostark
Hey @million!

No the Futuribile is not a gatefold and yes, you will get a download if you buy directly from Bandcamp (which I did) but does not come in the package (the pictured copies were bought in the states--still waiting on Four Flies to either cancel and refund my international order from them or just ship my order. Hmm.)

As you'll recall I was (and have been) on a massive Boneschi kick since the beginning of this year and that Electric People LP is at the top of my wantlist as far as Boneschi releases go. As a matter of fact--I just pulled the trigger on the copy that was listed! :) Now to find Giampiero Boneschi's Electronic Sound and the Instrumental Electronic Mosaic on Broadway International...
By Dollarhyde
@million

Nice pick up with the Boneschi! Only seen that one pop up a few times over the years. I've never heard it, Good to hear it's good!
That said there are probably a lot of Boneschi records I haven't heard ;D

@sos 'sound of a new voice' cml 062 and 'new sensation in sound vol 2' cml 064 are great boneschis.

@havershaw there are some great library reissues from 'Cometa edition Musicale' that are well worth checking 'i gres' 'alessandro alessandroni (yellow butterfly)' and 'tower of power' to name a few.
By sostark
@Dollar

I've been picking up quite a few this year--apparently I've picked up 10 in the last 8 months :D Don't tell my wife! I don't have cml 62 or 64 but I do have cml's 40, 41, 42, 43, 56, 67 and 69. Two of my absolute favorites are Music Scene 139 (Futureworld) and 118 (Light Electronic Scene), both brought to my attention here by Milliondollars.
It looks like someone posted the entirety of The Electric People on youtube in May and can be heard here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dHc0Zr43GOU
By Dollarhyde
Cheers @sos Its interesting the whole Richard hayman thing. I have to give it a proper listen do you think hayman had some involvement with the music?

He also did that moogy electric Latin love machine LP, which I should really pick up.
https://www.discogs.com/Richard-Hayman- ... ter/176202
It can be got super cheap. Not to be confused with that other Moog maestro Dick Hyman ;D
Last edited by Dollarhyde on Thu Sep 26, 2019 7:32 am, edited 2 times in total.
By Dollarhyde
@sos

Also sounds like you have an epic 'boneschi' collection, nice going

Another obscure one of his I need to recheck is cybernetic circus
By sostark
@Dollar

I think it's highly unlikely Hayman had any involvement--probably just a repackaging move to get some Boneschi into American houses (what an awesome attempt!) I will have to look into more Hayman. Cybernetic Circus is one of (if not the only?) Boneschi to see a reissue, and it is awesome (I have the Vinilisssimo reissue), but would not be my first stop with him. All the same, I'm happy it exists, but I'm hoping for more reissues and compilations.
By milliondollars
thanks a lot @sos for the info on Supernatural, might grab that one from Bandcamp...

some fine Boneschi suggestions/talking in da house! still remember @sos catching that Boneschi-fever a few months back. those two on Music Scene are still my favourites but i still not enough Boneschi in my household. funnily a CML 062 (The New Sound Of A Voice) popped up for 50€ a few days ago. it was about 50€ and i could not resist, even if it is the end of the month, haha! quite excited to hear that one finally.

never heard the Cybernetic Circus record but the title alone is a winner, haha!
By milliondollars
another obscure album from the even more obscure composer William Assandri. that cover must be one of the fanciest and most suitable in the italian library world. in my opinion, it is worth having the record for the cover alone. a masterpiece of vintage art. crazy how fancy they got with it, for a record, that might have been pressed in super-micro quantities only. i imagine the little character on the cover is the composer while doing the music for this record and it sounds just as crazy in my opinion. experimental minimalistic electronics with some underwater feeling here and there. reminds me of the Informale records on Leonardi a little but these Assandri compositions do have a little more song structure, that can be recognized if your state of mind is high enough, lol. worth looking for, if you are into early electronics and stuff...

https://www.discogs.com/William-Assandr ... se/9647780
20190925_145356_resized.jpg
20190925_145356_resized.jpg (1.53 MiB) Viewed 2653 times
By Dollarhyde
@million nice going on cml 62 I think you will be very happy, it's an odd one ;)

That really is awesome cover artwork love the chunky outlines!
By milliondollars
that Moggi is no news to me, but is is totally essential. only news to me is that @Dollar is holding a copy which is great. Umiliani must have (like many others...). really strange that this was not reissued yet...
By milliondollars
this is another newish library-influenced record and i appreciate it so much! actualy it is the 2nd vol. in a series with Greg Foat being one of the masterminds behind it. really liked the first volume but this second one has totally blown me away. it has not even a Flash Resonance series influenced cover, but the sound reminds of the great Alan Feanch and Michel Gonet these guys did for this label, amongst other fine composers. totally unique and mellow drumcomputer and synth sound with hints of funk, just perfect for this time of the year and all the autumn colours that i can see, looking outside the window. highly recommended record that has kept me more than happy for the past week and will for all the weeks to come...

https://www.discogs.com/Greg-Foat-James ... e/14198551
20190927_173719_resized.jpg
20190927_173719_resized.jpg (810.32 KiB) Viewed 2581 times