Talk about films scores here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By texasvinyl
milliondollars wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 5:38 am interesting review @Texas. a much appreciated reissue...

wow!! crazy price tag on that Drammatico! i believe i sold mine for even more in real life but i will stick to my opinion, that this record is a unpleasant listen and there is no better way to throw money out the window, haha! this was your copy? no reason to be sad, unless you are a Panda completist...
Yes it was mine, I agree I could find no purpose to listen to it. Interesting but harsh and unpleasant.
By milliondollars
a little bird told me about this fresh Timmion pressing. totally love the mastering, cutting and pressing these guys are doing and sometimes i buy records, just because they went through the Timmion process...anyway. this one is quite a huge library related recommendation and is done in style and from my point of view it pays hommage to the italian old school libraries that many people love so much nowadays.

the sound quality is overwhelming (it's Timmion, you remember?) and the music itself is wild and heavy as ****. massive eastern vibes and super crazy drums. if this was an artefact from back in the days, it would be one of those records, people pay thousands of dollars for. and people probably will in 20 years...this is something for the beat heads, psych and prog collectors and library aficionado alike. the composer Sven Wunder is a big question mark but if I had to guess, I would expect artists like Malcolm Catto, Jan Weissenfeldt, Shawn Lee or people who have contributed music to projects like The Malcouns, Heliocentrics or Drummetrics, behind this record. but it's not only the music i really like. just check all the little details like cover and label design and also the concept, that is similar to other conceptual library records. every track on this record has the name of a plant like three other italian library records that i have posted in here a while back. the cover illustration is flowery and would probably have attracted producers that were looking for cues for a plant fertiliser commercial or the background music for a florist's store add. this does not make any sense at all but is the thing everybody loves so much about these records. the extremely minimalsitic rear cover design looks very familiar and reminds of records from the Leonardi vaults and many others. label design continues in the same manner and those Amedeo Tommasi private pressings (Mare Romantico,...) came to my mind immediately. check it out and don't sleep as this will not be around for too long. would be great to see more releases like this...

https://www.discogs.com/Sven-Wunder-Do% ... e/13889540
20190809_064324_resized.jpg
20190809_064324_resized.jpg (768.33 KiB) Viewed 2941 times

By texasvinyl
Erbe was reissued. Floreama I have a rip of if you need

A few of these for sale, one for a semi reasonable expensive price (have seen this auction for 375-500)

Great record with nice bossa vibes, best of Nike label although I also like trasparenze and the guitar one.
By texasvinyl
Glow season 3 episode 1 has an *excellent* track from Quadriga (I think Q1?) in the background about 13-14 minutes in when they're doing the rehearsal scene. Pretty cool!!
By Jimmy_Mike
texasvinyl wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 9:16 pm Got the Spontaneous reissue in the mail today. It's more than decent, the mix is slightly boomy on the low end. There is some distortion in the brighter frequencies especially noticeable on the clarinet features. Fortunately not too noticeable. The snare on "Green Salad" is nice and crispy, so I bet they just went a little hot on it to help counter the boominess of the low end. "Blue Waves" sounds excellent and pretty well balanced. And "Watergate" sleaze funk opus is sounding mighty fine. My copy is slightly off-center on the A-side, and given the size of the press run it's possible half or all are similarly affected if a bad stamper was used.

The cover is a replica minus the RCA logos which were removed. The color is much darker orange on the reissue, and it got a tip-on upgrade vs pretty thin jacket originally.

Overall they did a nice job, and this is definitely one not to miss. It's just an outstanding record, it boggles the mind this was just production music. It's insane, when you think about it. I think of all the countless American and British trash libraries I've heard over the years with cheese jingles, 15 second commercial stabs, news lead-in cues, and just unspecified crap, but records like this ... ... impossible.

You've got two days left on this link (rip of the RCA press) before it expires: https://wetransfer.com/downloads/35b89e ... 517/67730f
FWIW, my copy from LITA isn't off-center on lato A. Came without shrink wrap, which really gave me the tingles. Great tunes.

PS - I love the new 4 Flies big ear logo.
By havershaw
I got my Spontaneous the other day from Dusty Groove - no shrink for me either.
I have been absolutely swamped and haven’t had time to throw it on the turntable yet though.
By texasvinyl

Track B3 "Cool Night" was the one used in Glow. Shocked to have heard this in a big-time show (or heard it at all, it's low in the mix and we listen low volume with subtitles).
By havershaw
My Spontaneous isn’t pressed off center either, but it is sadly warped.
Dusty Groove is showing it sold out, so I’m guessing I’m probably out of luck on a replacement.
By inksb
Alright Library experts, hit me with a few absolutely necessary Alessandro Alessandroni albums. I love the few of his that I have listened to but my knowledge is severely lacking and his amount of output is staggering, I'm not sure where to start.
Last edited by inksb on Mon Aug 12, 2019 11:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By texasvinyl
Spontaneous
A Trip Around the World
Panoramic Feelings
Open Air Parade
Butterfly
Blue butterfly
Industriale
L’Ora Del Cocktail
Inchiesta
Ritmo DellIndustria N2
By milliondollars
add some of the more overlooked, but totally essential ones, which are:

- Tempo Libero on Panda (at least 50% Alessandroni in it)
- Braen's Machine ‎– Temi Ritmici E Dinamici on Liuto (again, at least 50% Alessandroni)
- Girolamo Ugolini - Nel Mondo Del Lavoro on Panda (the biggest hidden Alessandroni jewel ever!?)

and then of course his contribution to the infamous nature/science series...
By inksb
milliondollars wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 5:56 am add some of the more overlooked, but totally essential ones, which are:

- Braen's Machine ‎– Temi Ritmici E Dinamici on Liuto (again, at least 50% Alessandroni)
- Girolamo Ugolini - Nel Mondo Del Lavoro on Panda (the biggest hidden Alessandroni jewel ever!?)

Thank you. Is that your review on Nel Mondo Del Lavoro?
By milliondollars
inksb wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 12:28 pm
milliondollars wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 5:56 am add some of the more overlooked, but totally essential ones, which are:

Thank you. Is that your review on Nel Mondo Del Lavoro?
yes, that was me...

By thewaystation
... and, on the more out there part of the almost all-encompassing Alessandroni spectrum:
- Angoscia
- Light and Heavy Industry
By havershaw
I loooove Angoscia (though I still don’t have it on vinyl).

How is the Barocco & Romantico? I feel like it’s one of the only records of his that I can’t seem to find any samples of online.
By texasvinyl
It's how you'd imagine it sounds, not an essential one imo. Baroque jazz a little more interesting though not essential either.

I forgot to list Prisma sonoro. That one is great and just reissued again
By milliondollars
haha! @inksb asked for the absolute necessary Alessandroni albums and you guys (me included) recommended like 80% of his discography...