Talk about films scores here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By havershaw
@texas I noticed there was a reissue of this and I was wondering if I should track one down. sounds like yes?
also, sweet MP 2000 spin on IG today!
By deafmetal
^Epic grab, @texas. I have the reish but that looks like the black fire, indeed. It's a great album.

@inks - The Schema reissue is recommended. Also nice if you get a copy with the bonus CD inside. I would avoid the Golden Pavilion reissue from 2012 as I have heard there is a scratch defect in the audio source that was used for their remaster. There are some tracks on this album that put such a big smile on my face every time I hear them.
By havershaw
Just noticed there are some pretty bad reviews on discogs for the Schema Feelings (which is what I have). Weird. I don’t remember mine having any issues with the pressing at all.
By havershaw
Not sure if anyone else ordered the new Sven Wunder (I ordered both records because I didn’t have either), but I just got a shipping notification from LITA for them.
By inksb
havershaw wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 7:16 am Not sure if anyone else ordered the new Sven Wunder (I ordered both records because I didn’t have either), but I just got a shipping notification from LITA for them.
I'm curious to see what people think of Wabi Sabi. To me it's no where near as good as his first one.
By deafmetal
havershaw wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 4:50 am Just noticed there are some pretty bad reviews on discogs for the Schema Feelings (which is what I have). Weird. I don’t remember mine having any issues with the pressing at all.
I did not have surface noise problems with my Schema pressing either.
By inksb
I see one for sale still sealed on discogs. I'm going to order it this weekend once I get paid.
By texasvinyl
Interesting record. Sesac was a library label I think. But this really seems intended as a standalone jazz album not a production record. Dave Bailey plays drums on it. I'd guess the music is from the early 60s, maybe 1962. It has some lovely bossa stuff and is a pleasant listen. The liner notes say all tracks were written by Teddi Castion.
Attachments
IMG_20200623_220416~2.jpg
IMG_20200623_220416~2.jpg (1.41 MiB) Viewed 4167 times
By texasvinyl
Ok I found a nice blog article about this record by Jazxwax/ Marc Myers It describes Sesac's goal as providing a vehicle for European composers to get performance royalties by getting radio airplay of these transcription discs. The article also mentions Teddi Castion was actually Billy Taylor's wife.

Anyway, this is a lovely record should you ever find a copy. I believe it is very rare but wasn't expensive.
By milliondollars
texasvinyl wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 2:35 am Haha is that the one he started out at like 17,000 euros
did not see that but yeah, most likely, haha

usually i dont consider records assets but a OG minto Feelings on Carosello definitely is one...
By inksb
I would like to thank all of you for recommending that I pick up Freedom Power. It's a truly wonderful album and I've been listening to it so much since I received it a few weeks ago.

And I'm also really loving this one too. I had it digitally for a while but I honestly didn't listen to it much. Having it on wax makes it easier to listen to more consistently at home. I'm curious to hear the comparison discussion from @havershaw since he has the previous Sonar edition. To me it sounds good but my only frame of reference is an old vinyl rip of the original compressed to mp3 on my computer. Not even worth trying to compare it.

By texasvinyl
It pulls at the heart strings. @million you compared it to Feelings but it makes me feel the same way A Trip Around the World does.
Attachments
IMG_20200629_154419~2.jpg
IMG_20200629_154419~2.jpg (808.26 KiB) Viewed 4041 times
By Steve Powder
Yo,

did Joel vandroogenbroeck from Brainticket play on any italian library sessions? I just found out a Brainticket anthology album that has Santucci & Scoppa's Dire album on it. Tracks Barbagia and Tangana
By milliondollars
Steve Powder wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 2:48 pm Yo,

did Joel vandroogenbroeck from Brainticket play on any italian library sessions? I just found out a Brainticket anthology album that has Santucci & Scoppa's Dire album on it. Tracks Barbagia and Tangana
crazy find @Steve, never noticed he appears on this Dire record.

this is another italian library session (i think)...

https://www.discogs.com/Joel-VDB-LImmag ... se/6797137

love this one!
By texasvinyl
milliondollars wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 8:09 pm @texas: read my review over here

never compared it to Feelings music-wise

can't believe you bought that autographed copy from discogs. certainly (NOT!) a bargain...
Eh, it was negotiated outside for a different price, plus it was house money. I sold that silly LoTR box from 2 years ago for more than the Lindok. The LoTR they made 5000 copies of! The Lindok might not appear for a while, and I did hear of two other copies trading for 1000+. In my mind I really got it for about fifty bucks net, so how could I not. It's proper moron logic