Talk about films scores here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By havershaw
I ordered it from Rappcats this time, because tracking is still showing Freedom Power and AA hasn’t even entered the US, lol.

I didn’t know much about it, but I know these sell out fast, and hearing that’s it’s essentially in the same vein as Feelings (which I love) made me jump on it.
By havershaw
@steve
Yeah I've heard little snippets online. I've avoided listening to too much of it so when I actually have the LP to listen to, it'll be more exciting. I heard enough to know I was gonna love it.
By ChrisMcQueen007
texasvinyl wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 11:59 pm my favorite puccio record
Wonderful!
I only have Research of Sound which I really like, his other output is high on my wantlist but very hard to find at a decent price.
By havershaw
ChrisMcQueen007 wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 6:44 am
texasvinyl wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 11:59 pm my favorite puccio record
Wonderful!
I only have Research of Sound which I really like, his other output is high on my wantlist but very hard to find at a decent price.
I really want Research of Sound too, but I can't seem to find one that isn't super expensive.
By havershaw
OK, I just did a whole slew of MP 2000 rips. They're pretty clean-sounding, but you might hear some crackles or noise occasionally. I didn't get too surgical about them because A) they are records and B) I'm something of a perfectionist but I would never get any of these done if I got too fine toothed comb about them. And some of the records are not quite NM (there's some definite VG+ records in there) so yeah, they're not perfect, but I think they sound pretty good.
I could have made them all louder, but I tried to sort of preserve the original dynamic of each LP - they're just flat transfers, with the entire LP normalized so whatever dynamic each song had on the record is exactly the way it was.

anyway: here's what I have, if anyone wants them:

MP 8 Vocal Impressions - Janko Nilovic + Dave Sucky
MP 14 Delirius Music
MP 16 Supra Pop Impressions - Janko Nilovic
MP 21 Univers 2000 - Eric Framond
MP 45 Now and To-Morrow - Eric Framond
MP 46 Musique A Show - Eric Framond
MP 54 Africadelic's the Name No. 1
MP 57 Africadelic's the Name No. 2
MP 66 Magic Garden - Eric Framond
MP 68 Puzzle - Eric Framond
MP 71 Pop Shopin - Janko Nilovic
MP 73 Light Comedy - Eric Framond (this is absolutely not comedy music, I assure you)
MP 74 Panorama
MP 76 Palpitations - Eric Framond
MP 80 Aberration - Eric Framond
MP 87 Panorama No. 2
MP 102 Panorama No. 3
MP 112 Mystère Bléue - Daniel J. White

I also have:
Power - Janko Nilovic and Pascal Auriat (on Briand)
Magnum - Yan Tregger (on Homère)
Pictures - Yan Tregger (on Neuilly, totally different record than the MP 2000 Pictures that he did)

Musica de Vedere - Gianni Fallabrino (some beautiful tension/mystery cues on this!)

and from the other day, I still have

CAM 080 Ambiente Triste E Drammatico (A side by Phillipe Sarde, B side by Bruno Nicolai)
Music Scene 010 Music Drama - Carlo Savina (I really love this spooky ass record)
Music For Sensations - Gianni Fallabrino
Music For Brass - Gianni Fallabrino

I still have a ton more MP 2000 but I'm trying not to rip anything until I've had it ultrasonically cleaned, so I won't do the rest of them until I take another batch to the record shop.

DM if you want the links for any of these!
By milliondollars
interesting how tastes vary on Puccio Roelens! i would say the Fontana one is my least favourite with much less spins than the other albums.
By milliondollars
again, really appreciated work @havershaw! i envy you for your great MP2000 collection, haha!

still got some numbers to fill my gaps and it's really fun to grab a missing one every now and then.

will drop you a DM soon...
By milliondollars
over the past days/weeks i dug into my Enzo Minute/Ezy Minus collection. in my opinion he is really talented and underrated! almost nothing known about him really.

Experience is one that was on the turntable for a few days. great record which almost sounds like exotica to me and it sounds as it comes from the same corner as the fantastic Maripal Chrissy album.

https://www.discogs.com/Ezy-Minus-Ezy-M ... se/6278057
20200616_073541_resized.jpg
20200616_073541_resized.jpg (761.27 KiB) Viewed 4058 times
By havershaw
thanks, @million. There are still a handful of MP 2000 that have eluded me, but I feel like I have most of the ones I really wanted (although I only have reissues of some of the big ones).

I'm taking another chunk of MP 2000 to the store to get cleaned today, so I'll try to get through all of those in the next couple of days.

I think I have a total of 62 MP 2000 so it's gonna take me a while to get them all ripped, but hopefully I can get them all done before I get back to work.
By inksb
I ordered a copy of Musica Per Commenti Sonori from rappcats. I listened to the 12 minute sample that Sonar put up a few times and decided I needed the record.

I finally reached out to Sonar about AA, I just wanted to see if it had shipped. They responded pretty quickly apologizing for the delay and shipped it immediately. Which is much better than the weeks of no answers from WRWTFWW. They finally got back to me about Golden Dog and told me that the packaged was marked unclaimed and sent back. I don't believe them as I never got a shipping notification from them at all. I feel like they forgot to send it and are using the unclaimed excuse. They said they would ship it again today but I haven't received any confirmation on it.
By havershaw
inksb wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 4:29 pm I ordered a copy of Musica Per Commenti Sonori from rappcats. I listened to the 12 minute sample that Sonar put up a few times and decided I needed the record.

I finally reached out to Sonar about AA, I just wanted to see if it had shipped. They responded pretty quickly apologizing for the delay and shipped it immediately.
I had a similar experience with Sonor, only I didn’t get any response, just a sudden shipping confirmation. That was around June 9. Still haven’t seen it hit the US yet, but I feel like Sonor stuff always takes forever to get here.

I ordered that Musica Per Commenti Sonori from Rappcats too. But I also talked to my local record store about both Sonor and Four Flies (since I seem to buy just about everything that comes out on either label) and they were going to look into just carrying that stuff as a general rule. Which is great, because I’d rather support a local shop if I can.
By texasvinyl
That music per commenti I've been after for a long time. I've never seen one. After reading about how they pulled it for the erroneous catalog number that makes sense. Amazing they never reprinted it with a new catalog number or just taped stickers or scratched out the mistake.
By deafmetal
I was like "what Musica Per Commenti Sonori are they talking about?..." holy hell, do I live under a rock. Feelings is probably my favorite library record of all-time. Fuck, man, hook a brother up.
By havershaw
I didn’t even listen to the samples they posted - I know if it was a part of the Feelings session then I’m gonna love it and I’d rather my first listen be a real revelation.
By inksb
deafmetal wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 6:19 pm I was like "what Musica Per Commenti Sonori are they talking about?..." holy hell, do I live under a rock. Feelings is probably my favorite library record of all-time. Fuck, man, hook a brother up.
So I've never heard Feelings. Is there a cheap(ish) reissue of that?
By texasvinyl
Ink you need feelings!! That one is on quite a few "best of all time" lists

Mail day today, I am a happy camper. This is a damn clean copy. With track descriptions like blues-rock, bossa Nova, lento (bossa Nova), bossa Nova moderato, samba, bossa Nova fast etc you know it's good :-)

Rosario Rodilosso apparently did the music. Know absolutely zero about him. I hear probably some of the usual suspects in the studio. If someone told me it was a Gianni mazza record I might believe it.
Attachments
IMG_20200622_170024~2.jpg
IMG_20200622_170024~2.jpg (1.71 MiB) Viewed 3938 times