Talk about films scores here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By texasvinyl

I think he was in the building for this one too. I Cantori on a couple tracks and some suspicious classical guitar on rhythm duties. Maybe I hear ghosts all around me or maybe he really did work on many hundreds of records.
By Steve Powder
I think Alessandroni made it to himself to appear in every library music label there is in Italy. I heard this from
the6thdimension website that interviewed a bunch of the artists from that time
By texasvinyl

Alessandro reissues! But not including Braen Machine /Braen raskovich reissues or other stuff he worked on under not just his own name.
By milliondollars
Steve Powder wrote: Sat Mar 14, 2020 10:38 pm I think Alessandroni made it to himself to appear in every library music label there is in Italy. I heard this from
the6thdimension website that interviewed a bunch of the artists from that time
remember reading this as well. i think he did quite well...of course there is some super obscure labels that don't seem to belong to any of the library empires like Leonardi, Flipper, CAM or RCA but i think he appears on all of the bigger ones...
By milliondollars
texasvinyl wrote: Sat Mar 14, 2020 11:41 pm Image

Alessandro reissues! But not including Braen Machine /Braen raskovich reissues or other stuff he worked on under not just his own name.
is that all re-ish? i don't believe a word!
now post the Alessandroni OG picture... :)
By havershaw
texasvinyl wrote: Sat Mar 14, 2020 11:41 pm Image

Amazing.
By havershaw
My AA reissues (though after I set this pic up, I realized I forgot Killer Nun and Sangue di Sbirro because my filing “system” is ridiculous and not really efficient).
442495C1-8B38-46F8-927C-CFD3440D6782.jpeg
442495C1-8B38-46F8-927C-CFD3440D6782.jpeg (543.93 KiB) Viewed 3851 times
By texasvinyl
@million I would say, if you hear of a copy of SR ST 132 or UST 370 please let me know. Two main AA itches I'm trying to scratch.
By texasvinyl

@million inspired spin. Lovely jams. "Airone" has a charm to it. Just a nice pleasant spin start to finish which is more and more what I'm looking for. I find myself pulling the experimental avant garde type stuff out less frequently.
By milliondollars
texasvinyl wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 4:16 am @million I would say, if you hear of a copy of SR ST 132 or UST 370 please let me know. Two main AA itches I'm trying to scratch.
i would assume that the butterfly is not hard to find if you got enough coins on your paypal, no?
the UST 370 is a little rarer but a copy will find you, i am sure...
Last edited by milliondollars on Wed Mar 18, 2020 7:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
By milliondollars
i was sleeping on this for way too long! finally managed to grab a minto copy for a one digit price. people let me tell you, this is incredible. another library mystery release which leaves a endless amount of question marks behind. this seems to be the only european release by the unknown (?) composer Hilario Sanchez who is from Mexico if you can trust the discogs bio. how in gods name did he manage to do such a cool library record in France and how on earth is this not on peoples radars? i like the part of the story saying that he suddenly disappeared and was never heard or seen again...

but anyway, let's have a look or rather listen. vibes is what this is all about and the style reminds me of Cal Tjader (who else?), but only at the first listen. this particular record has a fantastic hypnotic feeling and is solid all the way through. some of these compositions go into the latin direction but for me this has rather a vivid exotica feel. it really sounds like a hidden exotica jewel that was not discovered yet. this record is the perfect soundtrack for a long, dark and peaceful night. not the average library stuff for sure.

somehow it reminds me of the Cults Percussion Ensenble record that was reissued on Trunk a while ago. and by thw way, what a fantastic cover for a vibey record...

https://www.discogs.com/Hilario-Sanchez ... se/4334109
20200313_184608_resized.jpg
20200313_184608_resized.jpg (825.94 KiB) Viewed 3810 times
By havershaw
@million - yes!!! That’s one I don’t have, but has long been on my want list.
For some reason I had been putting off getting it. Probably because it was *so* cheap that I was hoping to find a seller who had a bunch of stuff I was looking for - it always feels weird to be paying more for shipping than the actual record. And there always seemed to be a lot of copies floating around. I see there aren’t too many for sale now, so I better get on it.
By texasvinyl

I only have like ten mp2000 records but this one is my favorite of the bunch. Really solid one start to finish. I like the green sleeve.
By milliondollars
one new release that i really enjoy...Cosmic Neighbourhood Library Vol.1

futuristic Radiophonic-style abstractions. the cues on this almost cute 10" are short but the listening is fun! still available on bandcamp for 10 quid only. you can stream the full album over there. artists like these need support...

that Vol.1 in the title makes me full of anticipation for Vol.2 :)

https://www.discogs.com/Cosmic-Neighbou ... e/14931867
20200318_141759_resized.jpg
20200318_141759_resized.jpg (642.94 KiB) Viewed 3762 times
By milliondollars
wow! apparently a discogs dealer threw in the whole batch of those Fly/Viaggio Attraverso records. they seem to be in great condition but if you look close, the grading must be totally exaggerated. according to hsi facebook page, he has a terrible grading system and does not refund and his policy says: "BUYER PAYS FOR RETURN SHIPPING"

you know the deal...better be carefull!
By milliondollars
sinister moody jazz just perfect for the late night spin. this record is incredibly good! Santucci's trumpet is out of this world and sounds almost hypnotizing. what a session!

the cover art matches the current social/political/economical situation really well, with dark clouds looming over our society...

it is the soundtrack to the movie L'Occhio Nel Labirinto in fact, wrapped inside a library record, by the way. peep my list for more wolves in sheeps clothing

this was reissued by Four Flies, highly recommended!!!

https://www.discogs.com/Roberto-Nicolos ... se/6276117
20200319_222618_resized.jpg
20200319_222618_resized.jpg (738.9 KiB) Viewed 3714 times
By texasvinyl
milliondollars wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 7:08 am wow! apparently a discogs dealer threw in the whole batch of those Fly/Viaggio Attraverso records. they seem to be in great condition but if you look close, the grading must be totally exaggerated. according to hsi facebook page, he has a terrible grading system and does not refund and his policy says: "BUYER PAYS FOR RETURN SHIPPING"

you know the deal...better be carefull!
Saw that, saw traffico which I really want but yeah. Dude has OVER 600 negative feedback. That is not easy to accomplish without being a super shitty seller
By havershaw
wowwwwwww
1D389A28-0364-4353-823B-AAA04BD1F616.jpeg
1D389A28-0364-4353-823B-AAA04BD1F616.jpeg (397.15 KiB) Viewed 3667 times
Ok, so it seems like there are a million Boosey and Hawkes library records for sale, and they’re all fairly cheap (and there are almost no videos or samples of any of them) so I’ve never really made getting them a high priority.

A few weeks ago I bought a cheap (and it’s great too!) Southern Library drama/mystery LP from a seller in the UK and the shipping was way more $$ than the actual record. Seller told me to find some other stuff, so I bought a whole bunch of cheap £10 or less library things I’d never gotten around to, including this Boosey and Hawkes.

Well, it is *amazing*.
Good old fashioned orchestral drama/tension/horror with a few adventurous cues thrown in for good measure.
I’m glad these are all cheap cause now I’m on the hunt for more.
E8EDCBBD-F1CF-47FE-9BEC-D8E3E442FCCC.jpeg
E8EDCBBD-F1CF-47FE-9BEC-D8E3E442FCCC.jpeg (580.8 KiB) Viewed 3667 times
https://www.discogs.com/The-New-Concert ... se/4591511
By havershaw
Since all of today’s arrivals were library, I’m putting them here.

Southern LPs are these two:
https://www.discogs.com/Various-Drama-E ... se/4395048 (I’m listening to this one now and it’s terrific)

https://www.discogs.com/Westway-Studio- ... se/5617831

I should mention, it’s a nice night for Capitol Hi-Q-ish library music!
Both the Southern and the B & H are giving me those vibes. Terrific. Hope the others are as good.

(update: B side of this Southern is full on fuzz/vibes/horns crime jazz stuff for the first half! Not expecting that, but it’s great! Then back to Capitol Hi-Q style orchestral terror/drama/suspense!)
Attachments
CAB5AB5B-F784-4B44-B2DA-4C51083F7750.jpeg
CAB5AB5B-F784-4B44-B2DA-4C51083F7750.jpeg (435.19 KiB) Viewed 3667 times
By Dollarhyde
@havershaw I have a couple of nice Trevor Duncan B&H libraries, those Southern LP's look great 'Hyper Evil Suite' sounds promising :D

Need to check Delirious Music and that Hilario sanchez sounds nice.

Recently acquired some Japanese library!! :D

All produced through the 60's some really amazing stuff amongst these grooves.
By Dollarhyde
A closer look
These records a pretty damn cryptic.
I think there were 8 volumes each with a number of records in different catagories. This is A Nature.
In regard to artists it looks look many composers were involved post Ifukube and Hayasaki. So, Masoru Sato Isao Tomita Shinichiro Ikebe Toru Takemitsu joji yuasa plus many others.

However on the record composers are credited by surname only. Annoyingly the track titles, which a limited don't auto translate.
[img]https://i.imgur.com/HNsngBzl.jpg[/img]

There a lot of other records on the vinycord imprint but they aren't all so similar to library. There are some field recording type records FX records and bridge/cue records also.