Talk about films scores here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By milliondollars
havershaw wrote: Sat Mar 07, 2020 3:32 am Speaking of MP2000 -

I hate that I’m a big enough nerd that I get a lot of satisfaction out of a pic like this.
Also, that Funky Tramway is the only reissue that didn’t put numbers on the back of the jacket. :/

anyway, I’m getting close to having most of what I want in MP2000. Here’s what I’ve currently got.
There are probably only 4-5 others I really want (and most of them I’ve never seen for sale).
that is incredible! what a shot, wow!! what are your missing numbers? from staring at these and comparing with my humble collection (around 20?) i can recomend you some super important ones (imho)...
20200307_224730_resized.jpg
20200307_224730_resized.jpg (332.23 KiB) Viewed 3643 times
By havershaw
@million - argh!! I know, those 3 are definitely on my “must have” list. I’ve never seen any one of them for sale on discogs (or anywhere else) since I’ve started buying MP2000, so those are definitely my most wanted. If anyone has any leads on those three, let me know!

There are a handful of others i want but not too desperately. 95 is one I’m having a hard time coughing up $100 for, but I may have to bite the bullet and do it soon, before I can’t even find one at that price.
By milliondollars
i think the price being paid, always depends on how desperate and impatient one is. i am sure you will find these at a reasonable price sooner than you expect. 68, 117 nor 122 are not rarer than the others and it is only a coincidence that these are not available now.

don't know how other people see it but i would say that the library hype/peak is leveling off a bit...
By milliondollars
was thinking of doing a new list with calculation on library record covers, but it may be a very short one. got my hands (and ears) on these two over the weekend, accidentally. both of them are super nice and go together quite well (musically). fun shot (5+4+1=10, ha, i'm a beast!)

https://www.discogs.com/The-Yellow-Shar ... se/4483610
https://www.discogs.com/Powerhouse-Five ... se/2562886
20200309_064947_resized_.jpg
20200309_064947_resized_.jpg (501.42 KiB) Viewed 3639 times
By Dollarhyde
milliondollars wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 7:23 am i think the price being paid, always depends on how desperate and impatient one is. i am sure you will find these at a reasonable price sooner than you expect. 68, 117 nor 122 are not rarer than the others and it is only a coincidence that these are not available now.

don't know how other people see it but i would say that the library hype/peak is leveling off a bit...
Wow somebody paid.over £150 for Puzzle!

Should be able to get that one much cheaper than that.

I think 117 would be tricky to get cheap always seems to go for a fairly high price. Ostinato bass is a killer track! Sold my copy a long time ago.

@milliondollars , To some degree I agree with that last statement. I think some libraries are being given grail status, and crazy price tags but I see a lot of other great libraries at cheap prices. Saying that I haven't been picking up libraries recently.
By texasvinyl
How do you accidentally get a Panda record haha.

Nice pickup, I don't know 5+4 but 4+1 is very lovely easy jazz set. The soft synth in the background, nice easy Barigozzi flute lines, just a pleasant record. Do you know who plays the guitar? Believe Luigia Sordini is credited with Evasio Roncarati along with Barigozzi. But who are the other two of the five? I know nothing about Sordini or Roncarati, they are mysterious!
By texasvinyl

Fresh slab on the deck today! Layout is functional with long, medium and short versions of a couple of themes. But there are some real winning moments. Two of the themes are quite goos. These capitol records are still very mysterious to me.

This is R15 N9, put it on your want list!
By havershaw
I love those Media Music LPs and I have quite a few of them.

I *do not* have that one, however - added to the list!
By texasvinyl

More fresh wax!

Sold my Cam Giallo 1 & Giallo 2 (1 is pretty solid!) and picked up this far out beauty.

I probably should have held onto those giallos especially because they were stone mint. But I like this one better than those two combined. The morricone tracks are especially good. These have to be some of his best psychedelic type tracks. But also the nascimbene pagan ritual track, it's kind of drone ambient. An umiliani one is using tape manipulation and some kind of deteriorated effect, unintelligible Latin chanting fading in and out, it is bizarre.

I see million has it in a "psycho library" list! Very fitting. Cool record for sure.

By havershaw
I love this record, but I’m bummed out by *a ton* of noise that runs throughout the whole record on this copy.

It was expensive and supposedly NM, but I suspect it wasn’t play-graded. I guess I’m taking it to the cleaner tomorrow.
2692198E-3B93-417B-A0B7-149E1DC311E1.jpeg
2692198E-3B93-417B-A0B7-149E1DC311E1.jpeg (303.61 KiB) Viewed 3560 times
By ScoJo
milliondollars wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 9:17 am
texasvinyl wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 12:52 am How do you accidentally get a Panda record haha.
haha, that was a random pick from my shelf. did not find this in the wild...
@Millie - I have PM'd you sir :)
By texasvinyl

This record slaps! Dell'Orso testing out some pseudonyms and letting Chimenti shred up the guitar. I guess Dell'Orso must be the one plonking on the organ keys.

I wish I had seen that Rhythm of Life (either one!) That popped up a couple months ago at a not totally insane high price.

By havershaw
I managed to listen to all of these between last night and today!
Amazing how good all of these are.
7BDDBE40-E186-45BF-B27E-1D57DF89C7AD.jpeg
7BDDBE40-E186-45BF-B27E-1D57DF89C7AD.jpeg (342.04 KiB) Viewed 3513 times
By havershaw
thanks @tex!
I have a few more April Orchestra “RCA Sound” coming in the mail and then I’ll snap a pic of those all together.
By havershaw
This was worth every penny. One of my favorites of all the records I’ve gotten this year.
E6632A68-57D4-4939-B26C-7BC782CBAA16.jpeg
E6632A68-57D4-4939-B26C-7BC782CBAA16.jpeg (284.6 KiB) Viewed 3502 times
By milliondollars
some great things going on in here gents!

those April Orchestra's look like there is room for some more @havershaw

@texasvinyl: sold that Revelations as i always thought it sounds to classic rocky in general, but maybe i will regret it one day. it definitely has it's moments...
By milliondollars
this is what was on the platter yesterday. absolutely love the two Blue Sharks, where Cipriani is involved. somehow i never really got into Itinerario Beat and got rid of it...

but anyway, It Became Crystal is a treat. @Texasvinyl: please confirm Alessandroni is the man behind the guitar on Waiting The Blow... ;)

this is a record that should see a proper reissue, no doubt!

https://www.discogs.com/Blue-Sharks-It- ... se/2326189
20200312_174722_resized.jpg
20200312_174722_resized.jpg (904.2 KiB) Viewed 3496 times
By texasvinyl
Yes sounds like it in Waiting the Blow and on several others. I am not sure how often Cipriani and Alessandroni collaborated, but surely they did on some records. Femina Ridens, and I suspect the Axel records are Cipriani + Alessandroni collaborations.

Orchestra Henry Stone is the Kevin Bacon of records tying some of these guys together! Though Cipriani did not do that one it does sound like a close collaboration with Alessandroni and Zinzi, plus Elvio Monti- and maybe confirming suspicions that Alessandroni was involved in the Musicorama records.

There is an archive copy of Orchestra Henry Stone out there right now. That one is a very good record, mega rare but under the radar so not priced to the moon.
By texasvinyl
A few goodies for you all. Continente Nero as promised. Also sending Orchestra Henry Stone (do you think Alessandroni did some of this one?) as well as a record called Holiday for Voices by the same guy that did the very different Visions for Synthesizer!

DL link here:

https://we.tl/t-3HQyJKnDoL
By Steve Powder
texasvinyl wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 3:51 am Image

More fresh wax!

Sold my Cam Giallo 1 & Giallo 2 (1 is pretty solid!) and picked up this far out beauty.

I probably should have held onto those giallos especially because they were stone mint. But I like this one better than those two combined. The morricone tracks are especially good. These have to be some of his best psychedelic type tracks. But also the nascimbene pagan ritual track, it's kind of drone ambient. An umiliani one is using tape manipulation and some kind of deteriorated effect, unintelligible Latin chanting fading in and out, it is bizarre.

I see million has it in a "psycho library" list! Very fitting. Cool record for sure.

Funny thing that Nascimbene track is a straight rip from this african ethnic record https://www.discogs.com/Ba-Benz%C3%A9l% ... se/3531126

I have the record, I can find the track name for you though if you want.
By havershaw
This one is great too. More great tracks than not.
D03524A6-A58D-48B6-91D2-41BAC1E89ADF.jpeg
D03524A6-A58D-48B6-91D2-41BAC1E89ADF.jpeg (268.73 KiB) Viewed 3440 times
https://www.discogs.com/S-Prisset-T-Las ... se/2778211

I’m noticing, though, on more than one Patchwork release I own, a pretty significant amount of surface noise even though they look NM.

Some are whisper quiet, but this one, Patchwork 2, and especially Big Bass, are distractingly noisy. Anyone else notice this with Patchwork releases?

(I haven’t had a chance to have them properly cleaned, and I will do that, but they look perfect right now anyway.)
By texasvinyl

Continuing on the theme of uncredited Alessandroni records. The hints in the arrangement, phrasing and chord progressions give it away in the first 30 seconds, but all pretense disappears when "Delicacy" starts. All the hallmarks are here -- the whistle, spinetta of a particular sound, the vibe of the bass line and drums, and then the reverby wah wah psych guitar floating in the background. I think Altissimi is playing the jazz electric guitar while Alessandro serves rhythm duties on his classical guitar. I wonder who plays flute on this album, maybe it is rapicavoli?

Anyway this is a wonderful record that does not command a high price despite its significant rarity and beautiful Flirt butterfly cover. If you are obsessed with the way the Italians played jazz flute then you need this one on the shelf. Overlooked but outstanding Italian lounge jazz.