Talk about films scores here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By Dollarhyde
@million

Nice bargain! I had pretty much given up lookin for records on eBay due to crazy prices. I guess I need to reassess.

I also have patchwork 34, energie, pretty much all those later perraudin and lasry patchworks are on my wantlist at the mo, just waiting for the right price.
By milliondollars
Dollarhyde wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 1:59 pm @million

Nice bargain! I had pretty much given up lookin for records on eBay due to crazy prices. I guess I need to reassess.
yes, it is. really funny how three people went all in and auction ended at 7€...battle of the beggars, LOL
By Steve Powder

Folk electronic classical on Umiliani's label Video voice. Has some alternative tracks from what sounds like Crepuscolo di mare. Like the A side a lot, the pressing has this nice spacious sound with the classical guitar
By milliondollars
great to see these Umiliani spins! Aria Di Paese is such an underrated record. the picture always reminds me of a italian mountain village i have visited. had some good paste there. lovely stuff... (the pasta and the record!)
By milliondollars
Steve Powder wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 12:16 pm Love that Continente Nero record
you need to visit the Continente Nero, too!

the good thing about library is, that you can visit all these places without travelling, just by closing your eyes.
By milliondollars
interesting indeed @Dollarhyde. never seen this but i think i came across another record like that. might have been Selected Sound from Germany but i am not 100% sure. will try to find it.

***edit***
i have mistaken it for this Berry Lipman record, where the have taken tunes from his previous library records and commercial releases to wrap it inside a library record.
By ChrisMcQueen007
Continente Nero is high on my wishlist (but as with many Library records the OGs are costly …).

Was not aware of Area di Paese, that one looks nice and affordable. :)
By milliondollars
this has nothing to do with library music and i don't get the connection but that cover...looks too familiar. what would Anna Leonardi say if she knew?

By Dollarhyde
milliondollars wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 2:05 pm interesting indeed @Dollarhyde. never seen this but i think i came across another record like that. might have been Selected Sound from Germany but i am not 100% sure. will try to find it.

***edit***
i have mistaken it for this Berry Lipman record, where the have taken tunes from his previous library records and commercial releases to wrap it inside a library record.
I'm tempted to check the patchwork sampler, it would be cool to see how a library label back in the day would present their catalogue like this.

Would the 1 or 2 banger s that most would dig these days be the same tracks they would use to promote an LP back in the day?

As to the Arawak cover cover, they should use America Giovane 2 for the next cover, love that sleeve.
By havershaw
Oof. Brutal week at work - no time to spin any of the new stuff I got last week. Finally slowing down a little now (though I’m out of town next week - it’s killing me that I got like 30 new records last week and I didn’t realize how busy the next couple of weeks are for me).

That trio of Nicolai records I got that I haven’t been able to play are *killing me*.

dang, how have I not heard Continente Nero?! at least there’s a cheap reissue of it I can grab (unless any of you think the reissue is trash).

@texas totally agree on B 85.

and from the single track I was able to find from the Aria DI Paese I found online, I was smitten. Found one cheap here in the US! thanks for the tip.
By texasvinyl
Have not heard dagored one normally they do a pretty decent job. I guess there is a bootleg one? Haven't seen it.

I also have a flac rip of the album if you want
By havershaw
@texas I would love a rip of that! Going on a road trip Sunday so it’ll be good music for the car. Thanks.

That’s the Funky Tramway I have. Love that one.
By havershaw
Speaking of MP2000 -

I hate that I’m a big enough nerd that I get a lot of satisfaction out of a pic like this.
Also, that Funky Tramway is the only reissue that didn’t put numbers on the back of the jacket. :/

anyway, I’m getting close to having most of what I want in MP2000. Here’s what I’ve currently got.
There are probably only 4-5 others I really want (and most of them I’ve never seen for sale).
Attachments
88C43DFF-28E0-4414-B16C-437C7B7B25F9.jpeg
88C43DFF-28E0-4414-B16C-437C7B7B25F9.jpeg (321.57 KiB) Viewed 3484 times
By ScoJo
texasvinyl wrote: Sat Mar 07, 2020 12:37 am Image

Been a couple years since I last gave this a spin. Great record. Reissue sounds nice.
Love this one. Great sleeve art by Mrs Nilovic!
By Steve Powder
Hey Texas, can you also send me the Continente Nero rip? Thanks

Your rips sound so good, been jamming to a lot of them like that bossa record vittoria Impiagli aswell as others