Talk about films scores here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By havershaw
Dollarhyde wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 3:55 pm @havershaw
Man, that is a crazy price for a reissue
Maybe cometa might print more copies of I gres. It wouldn't surprise me if there is a big demand.

I see their old website is under construction but they are now selling through bandcamp.

https://cometaedizioni.bandcamp.com/merch

@bez still need to pick that one up as well as occulto
Thanks! There are a few Cometa i still don’t have that I need to check out.

Just last year, I could find more of those I gres (and I hastily got vol 2 last week).

Same with Lavoro, @nathan. I saw them for sale there, on eBay, and Discogs pretty readily. I’m not sure why I didn’t jump on it. Guess I thought it would be around and I had other stuff to chase that seemed more important at the time?

I can still get it from a European seller but it’s gonna cost double.
By havershaw
The last couple of days’ arrivals.

A bunch of this is from an eBay seller who was selling everything suuuuuper cheap so I blind bought a good handful of these because they were so cheap (like $7.)
I know very little about them (or I checked one song to make sure it was anywhere in the genres I dig).
So hopefully some of these will be good. (I already know the Alessandroni and a few others are great.)
70DB5E58-BB3E-4D32-8E5F-3E92694B898C.jpeg
70DB5E58-BB3E-4D32-8E5F-3E92694B898C.jpeg (554.05 KiB) Viewed 2179 times
35CCA21C-BAB0-403E-90BD-9AB7C419E1D9.jpeg
35CCA21C-BAB0-403E-90BD-9AB7C419E1D9.jpeg (574.84 KiB) Viewed 2179 times
By havershaw
I should have expected nothing less from Alessandroni, but mannnn this is good.
38548EFC-E47E-41AD-8416-91CCCCF6207B.jpeg
38548EFC-E47E-41AD-8416-91CCCCF6207B.jpeg (449.11 KiB) Viewed 2176 times
By texasvinyl
Ezy minus + sergio mandini

Lively flute jazz library with a couple of rock infused themes and some light industrial touches, for example a mechanically eastern sounding effect used as a percussive element in "pop bazaar"

Best known track is "red express" a killer flute beat jam, I feel like it was comped on an easy tempo or something but can't remember, may be confusing with Oscar rocchi

Attachments
PXL_20210126_193141771~2.jpg
PXL_20210126_193141771~2.jpg (1.08 MiB) Viewed 2119 times
By Bezulsqy
Haven't listened to it but am loving it because of the description.

https://www.soundohm.com/product/babylon-a-m-c

"Babylon A.M.C." Subtitle: “Instrumental Fantasy For 11 Keyboards & Rhythm and Brass Combination” is a highly sought-after library album by composer and pianist Helmuth Brandenburg - a progressive fusion composition of ten individual tracks, produced in 1978 with musicians of the Berlin RIAS Orchestra. These tracks move unconventionally between genres such as cosmic funk, fusion jazz, electronica, world music and touches of a Giallo soundtrack. First reproduction of the German LP on the label Intersound, transferred from the master tape.

This album is the most advanced and versatile work by German composer, pianist and saxophonist Helmuth Brandenburg. The music is arranged in the form of a suite, as a progressive fusion composition of ten individual tracks. These tracks move unconventionally between genres such as jazz, funk, electronica, world music and touches of a Giallo soundtrack. This melting pot flows much like a concept album.

The vinyl LP of the same name was created in 1978 at the RIAS recording studio in West Berlin. An excursion into the so-called "Sound Library" territory for the independent label "Intersound". The music was used exclusively for the synchronization of TV films and radio spots. There is a clear association to the sounds of Giorgio Moroder, Popol Vuh and the French band AIR. Brandenburg mixes these influences and styles in order to shape his own sound vision. For the names of the individual tracks, he only uses terms that hail from ancient Babylon.

Analog synthesizers were still young in the 1970s and one can clearly hear the enthusiasm for experimentation with which Helmuth Brandenburg uses them. Synthesizers are used to create a wall of sound to replace the string instruments. Then used again as the main instrument to provide the melody. On the other hand, Brandenburg is an experienced orchestra leader, still largely rooted in the Analog age and clever enough not to overload the music with electronic effects. The horns contribute important accents to the sound and his rhythm section consists of a punchy electric bass, funky drums and wah wah guitars.
By havershaw
@texas - man, I love that.

@bez - wow, that sounds awesome (and I checked out a few tunes online - seems really great!).
By texasvinyl
Favorite globe, well the only one I have but I think it's more lovely to listen to than Sensazioni or sonorita Nel lavoro, a very satisfying jazz session where dino piana throws down a lot of trombone magic
Attachments
PXL_20210129_214655107~2.jpg
PXL_20210129_214655107~2.jpg (2.01 MiB) Viewed 2012 times
By havershaw
Found a fellow in my town who had a bunch of library stuff for sale pretty cheap. Some of this stuff I knew very little about, but the price was definitely right, and it was nice to be able to just drive and pick them up.

The De Wolfe stuff here is really solid (especially New Target). These particular Apollo Music records are pretty hit or miss (a few great tracks though), but it did send me down the rabbit hole of Apollo Music enough to force me to spend some more money on yet another library I had never heard of but immediately needed to get in on. He also recommended the Altaxon label - another rabbit hole, and another slew of LPs that will take months to arrive from Germany. Sigh.

There’s always going to be *another* library label for me to discover, isn’t there? I keep thinking I’m going to get everything that’s within the realm of affordability for me, and then all I’ll have to do is keep up with reissues (hopefully of all the stuff I can’t afford).
That’s a pipe dream, right?
EC11E410-A19C-4D62-A28D-C8A9F3D5C38F.jpeg
EC11E410-A19C-4D62-A28D-C8A9F3D5C38F.jpeg (633.02 KiB) Viewed 1990 times
By inksb
Bezulsqy wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 3:19 pm does this belong in this thread or is it a soundtrack to something I don't know?

It probably fits best in here but to my knowledge it's just an album of original compositions he wrote, not tied to any piece of film or TV.
By havershaw
thanks @texas!
(For some reason I stopped getting notifications on this topic? Weird.)

All of those De Wolfe turned out to be pretty great. The Melody & Rhythm and Colours in Rhythm had terrific tracks but also some snoozes.

And congrats on the Rendez-Vous, @Bez!!
By havershaw
Aghhhhhh I need that immediately?!!

I do have another reissue of that but I kind of hate the cover (I also don’t know what the original sounded like, but I thought mine sounded only ok).

Who handles US distro for that?
By inksb
havershaw wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 2:33 pm Aghhhhhh I need that immediately?!!

I do have another reissue of that but I kind of hate the cover (I also don’t know what the original sounded like, but I thought mine sounded only ok).

Who handles US distro for that?
It would be cool if Dusty Groove gets it. If you see any US distro let me know and I'll do the same.