Talk about films scores here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By NathanLurker
Seems like it's a 2 volumes compilation of reworks and remixes of the Africo Obscura title they previoulsy released. I'm not sure if you are into remix albums like this. Probably not essential, until we know more. I'm buying anyway, I got the complete Four Flies so....
By havershaw
Whoa. Curious about that.
Although if it’s remixes etc., I have to admit that those usually don’t do a whole lot for me.
Last edited by havershaw on Tue Jan 19, 2021 6:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By havershaw
NathanLurker wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 6:05 pm Seems like it's a 2 volumes compilation of reworks and remixes of the Africo Obscura title they previoulsy released. I'm not sure if you are into remix albums like this. Probably not essential, until we know more. I'm buying anyway, I got the complete Four Flies so....
Oh I didn’t see this before I posted.
I’ll probably wait to hear some samples before I plunk down any money on something like this.
By inksb
NathanLurker wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 6:05 pm Seems like it's a 2 volumes compilation of reworks and remixes of the Africo Obscura title they previoulsy released. I'm not sure if you are into remix albums like this. Probably not essential, until we know more. I'm buying anyway, I got the complete Four Flies so....
Thanks. Not sure I'm up for remix stuff as I already have enough stuff to track down. I'm impressed you have the complete Four Flies and quite jealous. Are they cheaper to import for you compared to other labels? I know they tend to be quite expensive in the US.
By NathanLurker
inksb wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 6:40 pm
Thanks. Not sure I'm up for remix stuff as I already have enough stuff to track down. I'm impressed you have the complete Four Flies and quite jealous. Are they cheaper to import for you compared to other labels? I know they tend to be quite expensive in the US.
They're definitely not cheaper :P Shipping from Italy is super expensive. Current price for shipping from four flies bandcamp to Canada :
For 1 LP : 29$CAD / approx. 22.78USD
For 2 LP : 34$CAD / approx. 26.70USD
For 3 LP : 38$CAD / approx. 29.85USD
For 4 LP : 43$CAD / approx. 33.77USD

If I buy 4 releases in one batch, it's not too bad. A little more than 8USD per title. But they don't release in batch of four usually so... what I usually do, is I get all of the four flies from juno and combine with other items. Last time I ordered two LPs and one 7'' and the shipping was 28$CAD : almost the same as just getting 1LP straight from Four Flies.
By havershaw
I bought a few Four Flies releases direct from them but they seemed to take inordinately forever to arrive and they seemed expensive.

Usually I order from whatever US distributor is handling them. Seems like it’s typically cheaper and faster, somehow.
By havershaw
Mixed bag of “stuff I slept on” and “stuff that was cheap that I’m hoping for the best on”.
8C57B763-C584-4ABA-B512-0A2A66EF77BD.jpeg
8C57B763-C584-4ABA-B512-0A2A66EF77BD.jpeg (595.1 KiB) Viewed 1975 times
By milliondollars
texasvinyl wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 1:37 pm Ah that's too bad about the mold! Did you ask for pics-- he grades a little sternly. I think the alessandroni were graded G+ and Fair for the jackets. But really not a big deal, a little part of the front of one stuck to the back of the other and definitely not moldy. I was glad I asked him for the pics
he sent me pics of the record i wanted. it looked much worse than your records. i could almost smell the mold through the picture, haha!
By NathanLurker
Details on the Sorgini releases from Four Flies :

https://fourfliesrecords.bandcamp.com/a ... oved-vol-1
https://fourfliesrecords.bandcamp.com/a ... oved-vol-2

2 Remix album. let's call them EPs. about 8 minutes each. 3 tracks on vol1, 4 tracks on vol 2.
Back in 2018, Four Flies Records unearthed the previously unheard ‘Africa Oscura’, considered by many as the “dark side” of ‘Zoo Folle’ – Giuliano Sorgini’s masterpiece (reissued by Four Flies Records in 2016) – and partly recorded during the same session in 1974.

The original work portrays a fictional and mysterious continent, providing a soundtrack tinged with dark moods and cosmic shades. ‘Africa Oscura’ was entirely recorded by the composer, who played all instruments in his studio in Rome. This resulted in a formal spareness, a minimalism that gives it a modern quality, something which makes it stand the test of time, or at least resonate with contemporary taste.

Since its release, ‘Africa Oscura’ has become a classic – a pivotal release not only within Sorgini’s discography, but also one that made his name more known and accessible to a new generation of music professionals, DJs and fans of electronic music.
Four Flies have thus decided to celebrate its modernity with a double 12” featuring 7 reworks by six of Italy’s most visionary DJs/producers: Jolly Mare, L.U.C.A. (aka Francisco), pAd, Painé, and Quiroga & Dario Bass.

The original tracks have been reworked with different approaches, sometimes into full reinterpretations, and with demanding dance floors in mind. The result is a stunning collection of electronic, cosmic, downtempo and Balearic reworks that preserve the spirit of the original
versions while projecting them into the future.
By havershaw
FINALLY after 2 months in shipping from Spain, I got these Chappells (plus this Brull arrived separately).

*how* are these Chappell still so cheap?!? They’re so good.
8D6D6038-3C04-4ECD-A18C-4B867C26DD2C.jpeg
8D6D6038-3C04-4ECD-A18C-4B867C26DD2C.jpeg (734.36 KiB) Viewed 1928 times
By Bezulsqy
inksb wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 10:04 pm Does this one qualify as Library?

Either way, it's fucking fantastic.
Don’t know but it is pure brilliance
By milliondollars
that Occulto is amazing. gave it a few digital spins on Spotify. i have recognized, that the digital version has some extra cues like the 9 minutes long Zombie and a few others. these tracks definitely do not come from the same session! some might really come from the mid 70s Manchaster Morgue period while some tunes definitely come from the time when Lavoro E Tempo Libero was made. Telecinesi in particular reminds me of Ingranaggi Pesanti on Lavoro E Tempo Libero, another Sorgini must have. gave it a spin this morning!

https://www.discogs.com/Giuliano-Sorgin ... se/4934487
20210122_081949_resized.jpg
20210122_081949_resized.jpg (899.47 KiB) Viewed 1879 times
By Bezulsqy
I bought this as a gift for my secret Santa person but because it didn’t arrive in time I gifted him something else.
That means in am keeping this myself :-)
Attachments
D43F65FC-2AD2-44B0-919C-76BDB375EF02.jpeg
D43F65FC-2AD2-44B0-919C-76BDB375EF02.jpeg (1.17 MiB) Viewed 1843 times
By havershaw
@million I’m learning a hard lesson this week about library reissues, and Lavoro is part of that.

There are some reissues I sort of slept on, partially because there seemed to be tons of readily available copies in the States, so I didn’t jump on them.
The last 2 weeks, in going back to fill some of those gaps, I’m finding that records that were super easy and cheap to find 1 or 2 years ago can’t be found in the States now (Lavoro being one of them).
So I’ve been panicking and looking for some of these, and in a lot of cases, grabbing the last copy in the US.

Probably the most painful example for me is the first I Gres reissue. With shipping I’m probably looking at $180 now for that one (at least, that’s the only copy for sale).

I guess the moral of this story is: get ‘em while you can.
By sostark
@havershaw
I can’t overstate how often I learn this lesson with almost all of record collecting and yet...here I continue to sleep on records that *seem* cool and will eventually frustrate me with their scarcity, once I have realized I need them 😂
By Dollarhyde
@havershaw
Man, that is a crazy price for a reissue
Maybe cometa might print more copies of I gres. It wouldn't surprise me if there is a big demand.

I see their old website is under construction but they are now selling through bandcamp.

https://cometaedizioni.bandcamp.com/merch

@bez still need to pick that one up as well as occulto
By inksb
These were all delivered this morning and I just finished listening to all three. Incredible stuff, there's a track on side B of the Pop Impressions record that just sounds phenomenal, I actually put the needle back twice to listen to certain moments. Thanks everyone for the recommendations on these.